• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you shop for clothes online or in-store?

In person, so I know whats the correct size (especially when it comes to maternity clothes) and last time I've bought online I got some cheap material dress that ripped the moment i put it on... So i stick to in store. Though I buy other things online IF theres free/cheap shipping xD

I do both. I live in an area where there aren't many stores. I did find a great consignment shop nearby, so I get basics from there. I've ordered some skirts and sweaters, that I already knew my size on, online. That's mainly a case of getting the same item in multiple colors. Finally, a friend introduced me to one of the online clothing sites that sends you a box. You choose what you want to keep, send back the rest. I've done two of those, but probably won't do a lot, because they are expensive. Still, for that one special item that you know no one else will have, it's nice.

In store, because I don't know if clothes will fit me or if they'll look good.

I do both. I live in an area where there aren't many stores. I did find a great consignment shop nearby, so I get basics from there. I've ordered some skirts and sweaters, that I already knew my size on, online. That's mainly a case of getting the same item in multiple colors. Finally, a friend introduced me to one of the online clothing sites that sends you a box. You choose what you want to keep, send back the rest. I've done two of those, but probably won't do a lot, because they are expensive. Still, for that one special item that you know no one else will have, it's nice.

I really want to try one of these, I am really picky with my clothes so it's hard for me to branch out from all black everything, and so that's what I order for myself. If I got sent a variety and could try it on at home I might actually like how other stuff looks. =D

I really want to try one of these, I am really picky with my clothes so it's hard for me to branch out from all black everything, and so that's what I order for myself. If I got sent a variety and could try it on at home I might actually like how other stuff looks. =D

That's why I decided to try this company. Plus, I saw a couple of things my friend got and liked them. My first box, I kept a sweater and scarf, but the second one, I kept everything.

As I said, they are a little more expensive, but getting to try things at home with clothes you already have is nice.

i try and fail to buy clothing online... i do a much better job in person, but my style is harder to find in stores unless i thrift. but that takes a long time too ;;;

ive only been ordering in online stores exclusively since NGL every single store i have come across does not satisfy me both in terms of their selection and sizing (AKA ITS ALL BORING UGLY AND TOO BIG). really ive narrowed it down to one store im totally in love with (chuu) and sometimes i find hidden gems on the depop app. but rarely

I sometimes use both. I order online sometimes because there isn?t that many good shops around my area but sometimes i also shop in store (even I feel the stores are bad)

...I want to make sure the size is right and sometimes the picture is different compared to the actual product

^^ This is also the reason why i like shopping in stores, however online shopping isn?t much much easier and I?m i dont have to leave my house ;)

Mooooostly in-store, but I do order a few things online every now and then when the sales are on. I tend to never buy trousers and shoes online though because they never fit right.

In store. I'm extremely sensory-sensitive, so I have to make sure the fabric feels nice on my skin, plus, I'm fat, and larger sizes can be pretty tricky about their fit.

In the future though, I'd like to get good enough with a sewing machine that I can just make my own clothes.

I rarely shop online cause I never know what size I should order and I hate the hassle of returning stuff

Q: Do you shop for clothes online or in-store?

A: When it comes to shopping for clothes I shop in-stores for them. I never shopped for clothes online before and I feel worried about doing that. The reason I like shopping for my clothes in-stores to get the right fit for myself. Whenever I go to some clothes stores sometimes the sizes would vary on me. So... Buying clothes online makes me feel weary since I would worry that I would get the wrong size due to my dilemma of me possibly being in different clothes sizes. The only thing I don't really like about shopping in-stores is when the workers would come up to me sometimes. I usually feel kind of awkward when they come up to me and start speaking to me.

In store. I’m always scared of buying stuff online due to failures with shipping. I’m also scared of those really untrustable sellers who make the preview pictures of the item look really good, but then when it gets delivered to you, it’s not good condition. If there’s something wrong with the item that gets delivered to you, you have to send it back and pay again for the shipping. With in store purchases, you can see if it’s good condition, you can see if it fits you, and you can see if it looks nice on you.
To be honest, in-store shopping is more safe, but I must say that online shopping has a bigger variety.

I only shop online for stuff that I know fits me - as in, I've bought this exact brand before. Even then typically the only things I order online are tops. Rarely bottoms, even more rarely shoes, and never intimates. Especially as a woman, there's just so much variation in stuff that shouldn't be varied. There is absolutely no reason why I can fit perfectly into a pair of jeans with a 26" waist from one store, but another store's 26" waist jeans are too large on me. Yet, it happens. Until fashion companies get that crap sorted out - which will probably happen the somewhere around the second or third Tuesday of never - I'm a brick and mortar gal.

In-store is definitely the most ideal, but I have bought a lot of Korean clothes online that I simply wouldn't be able to find here at all. If I buy anything online I know I'm typically a small (or medium if it's Asian sizes) but I always double check with a measuring tape regardless. Sending clothes back is a pain I would rather not deal with. Then of course there is the concern of not getting what was advertised, but I've personally never experienced that thankfully.

Still, buying clothes in a store is much preferred since you can try them on and you know exactly what you're getting.

usually in store, though occasionally online, especially if returns are really easy to handle (like if there's a retail outlet of it somewhere close by). but i probably only keep 1/4 things i buy online

if i lived int eh states i'd order so many threadless shirts ;-;

I prefer to buy clothes in store because then I can actually look at them in person (don't care much about trying stuff on first, I almost never do even when I have the opportunity) and actually going out to shop is just more enjoyable to me altogether, but I think I buy more stuff online anyway regardless because I'm usually looking for really specific pieces of clothing that never seem to just turn up in stores around here.

Back