Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
0008-9983-6893
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Tasty Cake
Isabelle
So I expected a move in today because today is the second day of the game. To my immense relief, the villagers have yet to find a way to build around the tiny cliff I have built my house on. Instead, Flo decided to plop her house right in front of the ramp leading to the beach. Like not even a foot away from the ramp.
Really, Flo, really?!

That is so sucky! I had that happen before I couldn't wait for them to move lol

if you have the welcome amiibo update then villagers will not move in where there are patterns on the ground. so basically you can leave a few bits of ground of 3x3 spaces and they will have no choice but to move in those spots. i was skeptical of if it worked or not but after trying it with my first two move ins of the game it works. might seem like work to scatter patterns all over your town and leave 3x3 blank spaces where u want their houses but it's worth it in my opinion

Moving in day is always something to dread. You never know if they'll move over a patch of flowers or in front of your house.

if you have the welcome amiibo update then villagers will not move in where there are patterns on the ground. so basically you can leave a few bits of ground of 3x3 spaces and they will have no choice but to move in those spots. i was skeptical of if it worked or not but after trying it with my first two move ins of the game it works. might seem like work to scatter patterns all over your town and leave 3x3 blank spaces where u want their houses but it's worth it in my opinion

I had a villager move on my pattern just last week and I have welcome amiibo. I think they will move there but only if there's no where else.

I had a villager move on my pattern just last week and I have welcome amiibo. I think they will move there but only if there's no where else.

unfortunately that's the thing. if you plaster the patterns everywhere and there's no available 3x3 space they'll ignore it and just move anyway :/

I had Julian move right in front of my town hall, hes a cute unicorn though I cant hate on him for putting his house there lol.

Yes but then my town is splattered with ugly patterns since I haven't unlocked the QR machine yet T-T

They've always ignored patterns in my town and moved right on them. Even though I had left several previously inhabited 3x3 spots.

Plot resetting is the only 100% safe way to get your villager where you want them. ^_^

Last edited:
I'd say to make a point of plot resetting in the future if placement matters a great deal to you. Even when you lay patterns down and have plenty of viable move-in places, it's not 100% that they won't move into a bad place. I plot reset a lot and in two of my towns, even though I had plenty of open slots, the villager still wanted to move onto a patterned area in my Welcome Amiibo updated carts.

In the meantime, my condolences, it's happened to me several times too, and once I was so fed up with the bad placement, I restarted the town.

I'd say to make a point of plot resetting in the future if placement matters a great deal to you. Even when you lay patterns down and have plenty of viable move-in places, it's not 100% that they won't move into a bad place. I plot reset a lot and in two of my towns, even though I had plenty of open slots, the villager still wanted to move onto a patterned area in my Welcome Amiibo updated carts.

In the meantime, my condolences, it's happened to me several times too, and once I was so fed up with the bad placement, I restarted the town.

Well, I don't usually care where villagers plot their houses. So I never actually bothered to learn to plot reset. It's just this particular instance that has me annoyed. I mean, she's basically right on top of the ramp.

Well, I don't usually care where villagers plot their houses. So I never actually bothered to learn to plot reset. It's just this particular instance that has me annoyed. I mean, she's basically right on top of the ramp.

With any luck, hopefully she'll ask to move out soon.

Flo has also messed up my town. She?s is currently sitting right smack where I need to place my cafe. Until she leaves I really can?t do anything....but she never pings to move out. I?m so disheartened by her.

Back