Do you like to paint your nails?

Do you like to paint your nails?

• Total voters
it's fun sometimes, but i voted no because i prefer them without polish. i like to keep my nails short so i cut them almost every week, so nail polish interferes with that. i end up taking it off not long after i get it.

I have never tried it and the nail polish smell makes me feel lightheaded. My sister and cousin would always ask me to paint their nails for them, I never minded it. I don't think I was too good at it though ahaha.

nope, i tend to bite mine soo...
im tryna get used to false nails tho!

Nope. I used to when I was little, though. My dad always bugs me about painting my nails, wearing makeup, and putting my hair down but I just want to feel more masculine, ya know?

Last edited:
i used to in middle school and occasionally paint them dark colors now. teachers can be *******s about it if you're a dude tho

I like to paint them, just not so often. Usually I get them done at a nail salon once a year for my birthday, and then other times I'l, just paint them myself lol and then wait until they chip away to remove it with the nail polish remover

I got stiletto acrylic nails for my birthday last year (idk if I can say last year cause it's still so early but I'm talking about 2017) and I kinda regret it. they look super nice and I got so many compliments, but after I took them off, my fingernails had bumps on it and they were all dented and rough, so I got my nails painted to cover it but it didn't work. some left over nail polish is still stuck in the dents sigh

good thing it grows out though ;)

Q: Do you like to paint your nails?

A: Sometimes. Usually when I paint my nails I use two colors and mismatch my nails with them. It something that I always liked doing when thinking about painting my nails. I don't do any designs on my nails since it takes too much time and effort to actually in my personal opinion. It can sometimes be a pain to take the nail polish off. I paint my nails myself if I wanted to get my nails done.

Mine are always painted. The length I like to keep doesn't seem to be maintainable without product. When painted at home I tend to do them 2-3 times a week as they chip like crazy between lab work and when cleaning aquariums. I enjoy getting them done professionally but haven't had time in a while.

Right now they're a light pink (please excuse the unicorns):

7mcZESq.jpg

Idk I'm not a girl so it's not really socially acceptable for me to. But i think if it was then maybe yeah that'd be cool.

I rarely have my nails painted, but if I do, it's because I got a mani/pedi and got them painted as well :3 I tend to go for blues, greens, or purples for my nails when I do get them painted! :D

Last edited:
Nope. I haven't painted my nails in more than a year and I don't plan to start again any time soon.

Sometimes if I'm out with friends but I live in a small town so there's no way I'd do it if I was out alone. Too big of a risk being beaten to death.

No, never been interested in that sort of thing, plus I became a compulsive biter when I was 6 and it became worse when I was about 12-13 and I started also biting the skin around them... Dermatophagia is a common symptom of OCD, which I have.

I occasionally paint my nails. During high school I was never allowed to paint my nails so I got into the habit of not painting them, so I often forget that I can do it now with no worries. The last couple times I've painted them it's helped a lot to grow my nails long without them chipping all the time, so I might keep it up :)

Nope, never tried it and never want to. idk why but nail polish makes me really uncomfortable >_<

I like painting them. There was a time in middle school where I'd do fun designs and people would compliment them but that took a lot of patience (which I don't have much of anymore w regards to painting them) and nail polish remover so I'd paint them simple colors/patterns every once in a while but even that became too much of a hassle for me.
Every time I'd try to paint with color polish I'd get the slightest mark on one nail or it would go on too thick and look weird so gave up and started only using clear or glitter polish since they dry so much quicker and with glitter it isn't really a smooth-looking surface so even if I make mistakes nobody would know :lemon:

i'd like to, but my hands are super shaky. also, my left hand has terrible coordination. plus, i don't look nice with a lot of colors b/c my skin is so pale and i'm so casual (sweatpants and tees every day) that i don't really match the polish. i think it'd be fun to go get them done eventually though

Back