• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you like to paint your nails?

Do you like to paint your nails?

• Total voters

duckykate

your heart is a museum of everyone you've loved
Peach 🍑
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2124-9321-8438
Pink Balloon
Purple Balloon
Red Balloon
Light Blue Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Pavé Pink Feather
Pavé Purple Feather
Rad Feather
Cool Feather
Fresh Feather
Well, do you? I'm always sculpting with clay, which wrecks my nails, so there isn't much of a point for me. It's fun every once in a while, though, even if i'm not very good at it. At the moment they're a dark red shade. If yours are currently painted i'd love to see a picture! And, do you paint them yourself or get them done somewhere?

I have a wonderful collection of nail polish but unfortunately, since I'm a server in a restaurant, it'll always crack and peel so I don't get to make use of it much. I do my nails on special occasions if I have time :)

No, I either just chew/scratch it off or it just cracks plus I usually have to keep my nails short anyway.

I used to all the time back in high school,
But since I had to move in with my grandparents I couldn't as much (only if they left the house for long periods of time, which wasnt often) so over time I grew without it.

But I wish to one day have my first manicure!

I hardly have the time to paint my nails these days. Not only that, but being an artist and constantly working with your hands isn't worth the attempt; they'll only get chipped and ruined. Painting my nails happens on the rare occasion, they're usually cut short so that they're neat and tidy. I can't stand having paint or fabric dye underneath my nails. Having long nails doesn't sit well with me anyway as I already have long slim fingers, there's no need for it.

No, I used to but I can't paint my own nails without getting overly frustrated about it. I would prob have to have someone else paint them.

Also I hate when they start to chip off and you have to almost rub your whole nail off with polish remover to get it off :/

I don't paint my nails because I have gel nails.

I do paint my toes though

I used to love getting black acrylic nails ^-^ I would also sometimes find myself watching nail tutorials on YouTube in hopes of attempting it someday because I find nail art super cute and creative! However all that ended when I got a job as a cook lol now I can't paint my nails even a clear coat, due to the risks of the nail paint chipping off and getting in people's food.

Once in a blue I get the urge to paint my nails or go to a salon and get a skirllex.
I just don’t paint them often cause I’m lazy taking the polish off

I paint them every once and a while. My collection isn't very big so I don't have a lot to work with. I don't enjoy the process of painting them just the results. Currently my nails are a candy apple red, it's an o.p.i polish called Red Hot Rio.

Right now, my nails are trimmed back short, and I'm growing them out again. I broke 3 of them, so I cut all back. I just have a strengthening coat on them, for now. Once they grow out, I'll start to polish them again.

I used to go to have them done, but it gets pricey, and the polish really doesn't last any longer than when I do it. Now I go a couple times a year, mainly to get them shaped. Other than that, I polish my own.

I voted every so often. I normally do it at times when I?m bored, and I hate washing and peeling them off. My school has a strict policy in which you can?t wear nail polish, so rushing to peel them off is just a waste of time tbh. I only wear it to special occasions like weddings, concerts, school events and musicals and etc. This is why I don?t buy that much nail polish.

Always. But nothing crazy, normally just neutral colors :blush:

My nails are usually painted purple, but if I ever have an event or something I usually Get a French done.

Only in special events, I dont paint them often and if I do I dont keep it on for long. I've seen people with gross yellow nails because they keep paint on their nails all the time, it is so gross.

Last edited:
yeah, but it's weird because i only want to do it every few months instead of keeping up with it routinely

I like the way my nails look when I paint them, but honestly it's a lot of work to do it without a special occasion to attend. So, I probably paint my nails three times a year, max.

Back