Eggs
Old Eggs
Island
Brickhedge
Tasty Cake
Take this with a grain of salt.

FQEMsQ5.png

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/Marcus_Sellars/status/948141556401364992[/FONT]

Now Sellars DOES have some cred. He quelled expectations for the Bandai-Namco event last month, revealing that people were overhyping it beyond believe. He was also the first I believe to leak LA Noire for Switch.

Ignoring the rumor for a minute, there have been recent rumblings about SOMETHING at Nintendo. For instance, current CEO of Nintendo Tatsumi Kimishima has stated that he hopes to have 20m Switch units sold during before next March. To project such a huge increase, they probably have a huge title waiting in the wing, be it Smash Bros or Animal Crossing.

And also, there was a train safety video in Japan that featured Animal Crossing characters teaching passengers proper safety tips. Up until recently, the video just ended abruptly. But now reports are showing the video ending with the Switch logo.

So yeah, something is up.

Last edited:
I really pray it isn't an internet required game like the mobile rubbish.

I can 100% assure you it won't be. Nintendo's mobile division produces games to draw attention towards their major releases, it'll be fine.

However I do get the feeling this won't be Animal Crossing as we knew it in New Leaf. Whether that's a good or bad thing remains to be seen.

I can 100% assure you it won't be. Nintendo's mobile division produces games to draw attention towards their major releases, it'll be fine.

However I do get the feeling this won't be Animal Crossing as we knew it in New Leaf. Whether that's a good or bad thing remains to be seen.

I too think the new game will be quite a departure from the old Animal Crossing games. Nintendo has been playing it pretty safe with the mainline ACs so far. I'm expecting the new game to be Animal Crossing "2" and, tbh, I think it's time to move the series onward.

I'm eager for a new animal crossing and I think it makes sense for it to be on the nintendo direct!

And also, there was a train safety video in Japan that featured Animal Crossing characters teaching passengers proper safety tips. Up until recently, the video just ended abruptly. But now reports are showing the video ending with the Switch logo.

Sadly, these videos have nothing to do with Animal Crossing on the Switch, the Switch logo was the start of a new video.

Quote from beridan from reddit:

Hi there. These tweets seem to be a misunderstanding. This looks like Tokyo's Yamanote Line to me, and Nintendo is always playing ads on this train almost nonstop. They've been doing these little Animal Crossing segments for years now, I think ever since New Leaf was released. Basically, every day (maybe every week), they have a new Animal Crossing clip similar to the one from the tweet. Isabelle pops up and teaches readers about something. I remember around American Thanksgiving, she was explaining what the holiday was. This week I saw her explain about some of the history of the French designs on the Animal Crossing furniture in New Leaf.

I'm also going to say that the tweet is intentionally misleading. The tweet is a video of the Animal Crossing clip. The Switch logo part is the beginning of the next video (probably for Mario Odyssey, which they have on a loop), but the person cut it off to possible gain some Twitter infamy. So yeah, don't get your hopes up. Japanese gaming media would've been over this months ago if this were true, and it's simply not. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble! But just like you all, I'm hoping an Animal Crossing game comes to the Switch soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...al_crossing_japanese_advert_with_switch_logo/

I am mad excited for AC on the Switch, I asked for one this Christmas as I just gave in. Really hoping it releases in the first half of next year.

Last edited:
Back