• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Suddenly torn between two town themes...

HopeForHyrule

Bunny Fanatic
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2496-6703-5894
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
So I got another copy of NL for Christmas, mainly because I wanted to do a Japanese zen/flower town. Found a map I kinda liked and started getting to work.

And THEN I happened to see a yellow raincoat in the Able Sister's shop and suddenly it hit me: an IT-themed town! I freaking love that book, and the miniseries and movie aren't bad either.

I know there aren't a lot of horror towns, at least not that I've seen. Plus I could bring in Pietro as Pennywise, lol.

So what do you guys think? Should I stick with something cutesy, or go for a horror theme? Or maybe something else entirely! I'm open to suggestions.

YOU can do an in between. I couldn’t decide decide either and right now My town right now a mixture of the two. You can definetly say my rooms could be considered cute in an eerie sort of way.

This happens to me too! Find something in a shop and suddenly the whole theme changed lol. I'd vote for horror theme.

Yes, omg, the IT theme idea is brilliant. I love it especially because I always found Pietro to be so freaking creepy. I have a theory that he was inspired by John Wayne Gacey. It is perfect!

An IT theme sounds awesome!
Don't forget your red balloon, and sewer grate patterns. ;)

the horror theme is such a cool idea! even then, if you still want to keep the zen feel you could try a japanese type horror town - they do great horror stuff. a lot of horror can also be combined with cute imagery, stuff like dolls always have an uncanny and creepy feel to them and combine that with a dark creepy zen town would be amazing to see!

An IT theme sounds brilliant but I would've done a Japanese zen theme with a rainy day vibe, with a gloomy feel to it. You could still use the raincoat!

Last edited:
yea im kinda the same way right now... i originally wanted a zen-fairytale theme ( like you) but now i found a book and i want to go for a warrior cats theme, but i also want a zen- fairytale theme oh wait maybe i can use it for twoleg place....

but going back on topic, i would go with both! combine IT and zen!

I've had an autumn theme for the last 6 months but today I suddenly decided to make it a star theme because of the town name.

You could have areas for both maybe? Like a quiet zen area and then a horror area.

I think that is an amazing idea! You could get the red balloons too in game! i love your idea that pietro is pennywise! I cant wait to see your town!

I actually really like the idea of combining the two themes! And it actually kinda makes sense, because not every part of Derry (town from IT) is a scarefest.

As someone who loves horror, has a horror-themed town, and loves Pietro and has him as a resident in said horror-themed town, I really like and support the concept of an IT town. I'd personally go strictly IT themed, but the combination sounds neat and unique as well.

I've had an autumn theme for the last 6 months but today I suddenly decided to make it a star theme because of the town name.

You could have areas for both maybe? Like a quiet zen area and then a horror area.

I was thing something like that too.
Maybe have half the map (split by the river) zen and half the map decent into darkness and horror.
Just a suggestion ;)

I'd go IT because nobody else has a town like that and pietro as pennywise would be priceless if you found a pennywise we code for him.

Back