• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Tips for Getting Pings for PWP

Iris_Papyrus

Bells
I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I was wondering if anyone can give me a few tips on how to get more suggestions for public works projects. I tried the method with the wet suit, and it worked half the time. Is there a faster/better way?

I am looking for:
Metal bench - peppy villagers
Log bench - uchi villagers
Wooden bridge - cranky villagers
Flower arch - normal villagers
Fire pit - jock villagers
Hot Spring - snooty villagers
Statue Fountain - snooty villagers
Wisteria Trellis - uchi villagers
Zen Garden - cranky villagers
Windmill - uchi villagers

My Villagers:
Lopez (smug)
Stitches (lazy)
Whitney (snooty)
Hugh (lazy)
Sydney (normal)
Victoria (peppy)
Rudy (joack)
Roscoe (cranky)
Katt (uchi)
Naomi (snooty)

The wetsuit way is the best way I know of, taking a 15 minute break every so often helps them ping more, so you don't get ignored only to discover that they want you to take a break.
Uchi's are really stubborn with the pwps, so don't lose hope!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, if possible, try trapping same personality villagers in one area so someone will ping.

the wet suit trick works because you need your villagers to "forget" you, which they do after a certain amount of time, which means there's not really a faster way to get them to ping you

trapping villagers with holes to make sure that they don't move so you can get the one villager or villager type you're trying to get a ping from is useful

also to get around the "oh you're tired" thing, if it's been 5 minutes and the first villager you see didn't ping you, talk to another villager to get the "stop playing" dialogue, and then go back to the villager you want and they'll ping you

I got every PWP I wanted, one after the other.

Have your inventory full of shells, so your villagers won't have reason to ping you to buy something from you.

Have no bells, so they can't ping to sell you anything.

Sneak past the villagers you don't want PWP requests from, and walk/run by the villager you want to ping you.

They should ping for a PWP.
If not, turn off without saving, and repeat.

It works. ^_^

was wondering the same type of thing. at least i now know the wetsuit method
sorry to add onto your post but what would be the average rate of villagers requesting public works projects if you use that method? one public works project per day? or could you get multiple all in one day?

was wondering the same type of thing. at least i now know the wetsuit method
sorry to add onto your post but what would be the average rate of villagers requesting public works projects if you use that method? one public works project per day? or could you get multiple all in one day?

Only one per day unless Blathers or Isabelle suggest their ones, then you can get the NPC request and a villager request in one day.

Back