• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you guys build kitchens and bathrooms in all houses? Also how many bedrooms?

Bluebellie

Apple 🍎
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Melancolia
Red Envelope
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Just wondering, do you guys feel like a house is Not fully complete if there is no kitchen? How about a bathroom, do you need one?

And how many bedrooms do you have ( you know rooms with a bed in it)

My house is totally not complete lol. It looks like one of those abandoned but not quite abandoned houses. And I'm not planning on putting a kitchen or bathroom in Raven's OR Swan's houses. since I don't see any elegant or nature themed bathroom or kitchen sets.

Last edited:
I have a kitchen and a bathroom in mayor Nopa's house, also two beds on the top and back rooms.
All my other characters do not have kitchens or bathrooms >v<

i've never upgraded a house fully, but once I do I'm definitely gonna have a kitchen and a bedroom :cool: not sure about a bathroom bc i don't know how i'd decorate one, though they do look cool in other houses.
my house plan is: main room, basement/lounge, kitchen, halloween room, christmas room!! just so I can use up the themed furniture lmao

I've always made my houses like the real deal.

Loungeroom, Study, Bathroom, Bedroom, Kitchen, and since we have a basement in NL, I've made that a music (jamming) room.

Nah, I just use the furniture series and sets as is, since being non-realistic is part of the fun for me (although I do have a toilet shrine in one of my houses - for headcanon reasons lol)

I have a kitchen, bathroom, 3 "bedrooms"(I'll explain), and whatever I feel like.
Currently, I plan to have:
Kitchen
Bathroom
Living room(just a random series or random furniture)
Imaginary friend 1's room
Imaginary friend 2's room
Basement: art studio/my bedroom

Unless I'm designing an amenities/facilities type building I feel like it's incomplete without a bathroom... it just doesn't feel liveable lol. My mayor's house is supposed to be a "real house" so it's complete with a kitchen and bathroom. I have a bed&breakfast house as well and they also have a bathroom and kitchen. The only house in my town that doesn't have a bathroom/kitchen is my cafe because I used up the spare rooms to make mini shops inside.

I have a kitchen and bathroom in my mayor’s house, but only one of my other character’s has a kitchen (in the basement) and joint bathrooms in some of the bedrooms because it’s a Bed and Breakfast-themed house. The rest of my houses didn’t really need a kitchen/bathroom.

A bedroom and kitchen.
I've never saw the point of making restrooms.

I’ve never really had either ...or sometimes too many kitchens. This time around I want my town to look like an actual house with everything set. I didn’t think so many people would actually have kitchens and bathrooms. I myself used to do different rooms for different sets with no real house like appearance.

I LOVE the food items.
I have them in every room.
Even a cupcake resting on my amp in the jamming room. ^_^

my house rooms are made by color. it's why my house does not have very many happy home academy points. i don't have any full sets and only two of my rooms across two towns and three save files have beds. beds take up a lot of space

I put a kitchen and bathroom in my mayors house. I have played all the Animal Crossing games and had never done it before. I thought it would be fun. I especially like the kitchen, i have a lot of the food items.

My first town has a lot if bedrooms because i tend to like to collect sets, especially rare ones.

Last edited:
Whenever I've played an Animal Crossing game, if I ever displayed a toilet, I'd kind of just throw it somewhere in a random room and, at least in New Leaf, would cut it off from the rest of the room with some screens. I've never really designed dedicated bathrooms because I like to fill my houses with different themed rooms and I guess bathrooms are one of the furthest things from my mind when playing the game. I actually haven't had a toilet displayed in a house for a while now because it would clash with the interior design.

I have made kitchens before but it's random which houses will have one and which won't. I should probably try to at least throw in, like, a stove and sink into each house or something.

This thread has made me look at the game from a new perspective. A gross perspective. Think I'm gonna order some toilets, sinks, bathing and kitchen items later. I'm unsure if I should thank you.

My bathroom is awesome.
I would LIVE in it if it were possible.
It's the best room in the house! ^_^

This thread has made me look at the game from a new perspective. A gross perspective. Think I'm gonna order some toilets, sinks, bathing and kitchen items later. I'm unsure if I should thank you.

You should!! :D
Every house needs a kitchen and a bathroom, if not, where exactly are the characters getting their necessities done? This is what differentiates the humans from the animals.

Last edited:
In my first town I've just collected my favourite furniture sets and given them their own room.

in my second town I'm trying to go for a more realistic cottage type house so I've got a bedroom upstairs and a lounge/kitchen downstairs

Nope. I did have that kind of set-up in my Wild World house but I don't do it anymore. I have a lot more fun just making whatever room comes to mind, and for kitchens/bathrooms the furniture selection is fairly limited so it's hard to make something unique or interesting imo (though I have seen some cool kitchens).

to answer the second question most rooms in my houses have beds in them hahah which I noticed awhile ago so I've been trying not to turn everything into a bedroom but it always seems to get there eventually.

my homes always have a bedroom and a kitchen and a bathroom and there is food in every room tbh. well not in the bathroom because yeah... i just discovered the cup of tea amiibo item and i’m going to have to put them everywhere lmao rip.

Back