Should the next Animal Crossing be on the Switch or PC?

It'll be Switch, without a doubt. A PC-exclusive Animal Crossing title simply wouldn't be widely accessible to most of the target demographic, which is kids, and I highly doubt AC will ever be in a non-portable format again.

Now that the technology exists to support portability and it saw such success on the 3DS, I'm positive it'll stay that way. Pocket Camp is just further proof they want to keep heading in an ease-of-access, on-the-go style of play.

Last edited:
As long as Nintendo continue to make consoles, we'll probably never see any sort of collaboration between them and Microsoft using Windows as a platform. Nintendo has also emphasised the appeal of portability with gaming, to which the Switch supports both portable and at-home play, so it's safe to say that their next installment in the AC series will be on the Switch. I actually don't think another 3DS title is a long shot either, since both consoles seem to be co-existing just fine at the moment (for example, FE Warriors is available on both consoles). I do think the Switch is the more likely option at the moment though, they will want to offer more of their IPs to Switch owners since it's still fairly new.

The Switch obviously. I won't see Nintendo making any PC games anytime soon.

Switch, i don't want to be playing AC on a PC... especially if it's slow.

Most likely Switch but honestly I'd prefer PC (even though that won't happen) because that way I wouldn't have to spend my life savings on a new console :/

I will never own another PC, but I'd buy a Switch if they a made a 'no internet required' AC game for it.

100% Nintendo would never migrate to the PC. Especially not when they've just released a brand new hybrid console.

Nintendo would never develop a game for PC being exclusive to the company and its consoles. It is probably for Switch even and I have high expectations about this new AC.

Animal Crossing for a PC could be interesting however, like a few people have said it would not reach its target audience which is kids and the switch is new, have in game an animal crossing game for the switch exclusively would encourage people to buy a switch if they have not already done so. This would increase sale and would be a good move on Nintendo?s part. I know most of the people on this forum would buy a switch for a Newman aC game or have bough a switch already.

I will never own another PC, but I'd buy a Switch if they a made a 'no internet required' AC game for it.

Fyi no games, even Splatoon 2 restrict you from playing with internet off. Just prevents you from doing internet.

And it's not even a question to ask if Nintendo would put a First-First party game into another console.

Fyi no games, even Splatoon 2 restrict you from playing with internet off. Just prevents you from doing internet.

And it's not even a question to ask if Nintendo would put a First-First party game into another console.

Many games on my mobile give me the internet required message.
Also, I believe a lot of Switch games require internet.

I am only asking for a nice, easy going game with no internet required. :-/

Switch, obviously, and I don't even own one yet. While I am in the camp that thinks Nintendo should sell legit, clean roms of older Pokemon games, that is a way different situation than Animal Crossing. Part of Nintendo's appeal is that their games tend to stay within the Nintendo ecosystem. It would just feel wrong if they started branching out to PC.

Back