• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo Direct Mini - January 11th 2018

So, a Nintendo Direct Mini dropped in earlier this morning without a single announcement. And I'll quickly list what's shown in the presentation:

• Dark Souls: Remastered launches on May 25 for $40 USD
  • Mario Tennis Aces coming this spring, with a GBA-style story mode thrown in for good measures
  • A port of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is coming to Switch on May 4th, with Funky Kong being the game's Easy Mode
  • Kirby Star Allies arriving on March 16th
  • The World Ends with You: Final Remix launching this year
  • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition releasing this spring, includes everything from the Wii U and 3DS version, alongside with Breath of Wild outfits for Link and Zelda
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana arriving this summer
  • Super Mario Odyssey will receive a DLC this February, coming with Balloon World, new snapshot filters and outfits
  • Donkey Kong being added as playable character in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, complete with new storyline and world to explore. It'll be released this spring.
  • Pokk?n Tournament DX Battle Pack 1: available in January 31st, with Battle Pok?mon Aegislash and a new Support Pok?mon Set featuring Mega Rayquaza and Mimikyu?
  • Pokk?n Tournament DX Battle Pack 2: available in March 23rd, with Battle Pok?mon Blastoise and a new Support Pok?mon Set featuring Mew and Celebi

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/january-2018-nintendo-direct-mini-official-recap/

The Dark Souls announcement debunks the rumour that Bayo 3 will be coming out this year. The insider who popped up on Reddit said that it was a "BS rumour strung up by sellers". :confused:

I think the game Fe looks really cute! And I'm definitely super excited about Kirby. Although, I think Payday 2 is a very strange choice to bring to the Switch.

So no new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC. I was still dreaming of Eevee as a playable character in MK8 Deluxe, but they haven't said anything about Pokemon characters in general.

And I hear they're doing another Wii U port on the Switch. It was good for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but it's a bad idea to keep having Wii U ports on the Switch.

I will definitely buy Fe when it comes out - it looks so pretty and calm. Nothing else really catches my eye yet, but I'm okay with that since Monster Hunter World will probably take over my gaming life for a while soon enough. Also, can I just say that I really wish MH was coming out on the Switch instead of, or in addition to, every other platform.

So no new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC. I was still dreaming of Eevee as a playable character in MK8 Deluxe, but they haven't said anything about Pokemon characters in general.

And I hear they're doing another Wii U port on the Switch. It was good for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but it's a bad idea to keep having Wii U ports on the Switch.
Well first things first. I wouldn't see Eevee driving at all. And second, IKR!? They should have made a 3rd Donkey Kong Country Returns game with K. Rool as the main antagonist.

[*]Kirby Star Allies arriving on March 16th

Really? I was expecting a late April or early May release. We had last gotten information on Star Allies in September, so I'm very, very happy.

The Switch is going to be a port machine by the time its all said and done. Not necessarily a bad thing...but still, a bit disappointing for folks who had a Wii U.

I bought MK8D which was essentially a port, but I cannot see myself picking up any other Wii U ports.

TWEWY is cool, though. At first I couldn't figure out how they'd do the dual screen mechanic, but I guess it's the port of the mobile version which solves that. Neato.

Still, no AC...very frustrating.

Not that terrible of a direct, which is rare for me to say. I like that they added to Odyssey, and I like that Tropical Freeze is getting a port.

Like I said, I knew no Animal Crossing would be announced, so I wasn't disappointed or anything.

Not that terrible of a direct, which is rare for me to say. I like that they added to Odyssey, and I like that Tropical Freeze is getting a port.

Like I said, I knew no Animal Crossing would be announced, so I wasn't disappointed or anything.
I had NO hope for ac switch in this so I'm not disappoint in this except how easy tropical freeze will be without penalizing you for cheating.

None of the games listed really interest me, but I don't care because there are a bunch of really good games already out and I don't have the time to play them all.

Did anyone else noticed that the Nintendo Direct Mini is focused on smaller-scale games and lacked any 3DS title? I didn't see any larger-scale title (e.g. the entire Bayonetta trilogy, Fire Emblem, Project Octopth) being mentioned during the presentation. Some of them are even going to be released during the first half of 2018.

Someone on reddit also pointed out that every Nintendo Direct Mini is followed by a standard one in less than 20 days. So, there's a possibility of another Nintendo Direct popping up fairly soon. Though, my point still stands when it comes to a potential full-fledged Animal Crossing installment announcement.

What most people don't seem to be aware of is that practically every mainline Animal Crossing installment was announced around June, when Nintendo E3 is typically held. If the next game isn't shown or mentioned during that moment, then it's pretty much guaranteed that it won't officially surface for almost an entire year. At least as far as multi-millions selling franchises are concerned.

With that in mind, there will be a new thread for the next Nintendo Direct whenever it's officially confirmed or when there's enough evidence suggesting its existence.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...sts_points_to_another_one_happening_very_soon

Tbh when I saw the initial few seconds of the preview for MT Aces, I initially thought "Oh wow another mario tennis what a shocker" cause I was less than pleased with the Wii U version, but after watching the preview for it, it actually looks pretty great! I especially liked seeing that the game has a story mode along with the regular tournament mode.

Also seeing Waluigi with a visor and a short sleeved shirt on is kinda funny for some reason xDDD

Not a huge fan of all the Wii U ports, especially as someone who has a Wii U and these games already lol but I guess it's good for the people who skipped the Wii U. Not like I'm gonna be seeing a Switch any time soon but I'd still like to see some more original uses of the hardware. And they've pretty much done all they can at this point to make Mario Tennis unenjoyable so it's hard to be thrilled by it, but the story mode sounds kinda cool. ;o

Still just looking forward to Crystal on VC loool

Back