• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo Direct Mini - January 11th 2018

JCnator

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
Nintendo hasn't officially announced anything about the upcoming Nintendo Direct presentation, but there's no denying that one is planned for this month, since there were plenty enough evidences pointing out for a January presentation.

One has leaked a few Switch games from EA that would be unveiled this month, and Amazon accidentally listed 18 mystery Switch titles.

John Harker, the guy who provided early and accurate information in the past, also hinted that the presentation would be done on January 11th. Emily Rogers, who have a decent track record of rumors ending up being correct, also heard of the very same date.

When the Japanese giant actually reveal the presentation happening this month, I'll remove the rumor tag and either I or someone else will post such announcement in this thread.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/speculation-ensues-about-a-nintendo-direct-on-january-11/

Last edited:
It goes without saying, I hope there's an AC coming out.

They'll probably discuss about Pokemon Crystal in greater detail. Or Bayonetta.

Any dlc? How about new kingdoms in Mario Odyssey?

I'm definitely expecting Animal Crossing Switch to be announced sooner rather than later so... *crosses fingers*

Hoping for some more news on Bayonetta.

And some sweet, sweet AC Switch.

Well yeah, there is a definite chance of an AC Switch being released soon. They were finishing all of the Animal Crossing spin-off games and the update + app. And now that they are done with the games, they can now work on the AC Switch. So expect an announcement soon. But if there isn’t one, don’t get mad, they didn’t complete the game yet.

Reminder to everyone: this is a Nintendo Direct not E3, don't expect any huge game reveals such as AC or Smash (unless the Direct is focused on either of those 2 games but it'll most likely be a normal Direct).

Without knowing ANYTHING about what will be in the Direct - if it even happens - I want to see how many 3DS games they show off. USUM seemed to be the last big title for it, but maybe Nintendo still isn't ready to focus completely on the Switch yet.

I just want AC to be announced so I actually have a legitimate reason to buy a Switch lol. Oh yeah, Fire emblem and smash wouldn't be bad either

Reminder to everyone: this is a Nintendo Direct not E3, don't expect any huge game reveals such as AC or Smash (unless the Direct is focused on either of those 2 games but it'll most likely be a normal Direct).

Without knowing ANYTHING about what will be in the Direct - if it even happens - I want to see how many 3DS games they show off. USUM seemed to be the last big title for it, but maybe Nintendo still isn't ready to focus completely on the Switch yet.

Last time an actual Animal Crossing was released was around June 2013, so it's been quite a while. And of course the fans couldn't hardly wait for the next entry to arrive!

What most people don't seem to be aware of is that practically every mainline Animal Crossing installment was announced around June, when Nintendo E3 is typically held. If the next game isn't shown or mentioned during that moment, then it's pretty much guaranteed that it won't officially surface for almost an entire year. At least as far as multi-millions selling franchises are concerned.

In case you're still wondering about the fate of 3DS, there are indeed games for that platform. At least, those that were previously unveiled waiting to be released this year.

• The Alliance Alive
  • Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
  • Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux
  • Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  • Some Etrian Odyssey title
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Dead Heat Breakers
  • Kirby: Battle Royale (North America)

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/3ds/games/browse?sort=popular&status=upcoming&style=cover

Nintendo, in my opinion, never really has the best E3s, but the Nintendo Directs are always good in my opinion. I hope they release more information on Pokemon Crystal for the eShop, and maybe tell us that Animal Crossing Switch is in development. Maybe even tell us a wee bit more about Pokemon Switch, or a main series Fire Emblem game. I also want more information on Kirby Switch or Yoshi Switch.

pls come thru nintendoh

I just want AC to be announced so I actually have a legitimate reason to buy a Switch lol.

Same. The game franchises that would make me finally pull the trigger and buy a Switch are Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Phoenix Wright. All of those I'm assuming will come out eventually.

Same. The game franchises that would make me finally pull the trigger and buy a Switch are Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Phoenix Wright. All of those I'm assuming will come out eventually.

Pokemon has already been announced (by word only), but I'm sure you're aware of that. Ace Attorney just saw a new title in late 2016, so I'm sure it'll be awhile before we see another one. However, Capcom seems to love Nintendo platforms for their AA games, so it's certainly probable it will happen, but not for a couple of years at least.

Animal Crossing... Who knows? Obviously the franchise has been a big hit for them considering all of the spinoffs as of late. I really hope they're going to work really hard to make Animal Crossing Switch something really special and not just a quick cash-in of the previous title like City Folk was to Wild World.

I am wondering why we haven't even heard about it yet.

Nintendo often shows off big games in Nintendo Directs - especially start of year Directs. Once the Christmas hype dies down they just try to ramp it back up!

For 3ds, I'm hoping for Yokai Watch 3, and maybe a new Zelda game, but that's only because I saw a rumor. I'm skeptical though. For switch, I hope Animal Crossing.

I wouldn't consider Smash a big reveal, especially considering it'll likely be an update port of the Wii U version.

Pokemon has already been announced (by word only), but I'm sure you're aware of that. Ace Attorney just saw a new title in late 2016, so I'm sure it'll be awhile before we see another one. However, Capcom seems to love Nintendo platforms for their AA games, so it's certainly probable it will happen, but not for a couple of years at least.

Animal Crossing... Who knows? Obviously the franchise has been a big hit for them considering all of the spinoffs as of late. I really hope they're going to work really hard to make Animal Crossing Switch something really special and not just a quick cash-in of the previous title like City Folk was to Wild World.

I am wondering why we haven't even heard about it yet.
It hasn't been announced yet likely because the Switch already had a big game line up during the first year and they wouldn't want to reveal theiir hand too early. Though I honestly believe we'll get an announcement for Animal Crossing Switch sometime this year.

I wouldn't consider Smash a big reveal, especially considering it'll likely be an update port of the Wii U version.
It would be A: annoying to have to pay another 60 dollars for the SAME game and B crushing for the switch to just have another port of a classic and well-loved franchise ( with the other, off the top of my head, being mk8 Delux

Honestly I'd be surprised if we got a new smash...

It hasn't been announced yet likely because the Switch already had a big game line up during the first year and they wouldn't want to reveal theiir hand too early. Though I honestly believe we'll get an announcement for Animal Crossing Switch sometime this year.

Perhaps it had a "big game line up" if you didn't already have a Wii U. Which I know Nintendo doesn't care about the people who supported them during the Wii U years, but we do exist.

It would be A: annoying to have to pay another 60 dollars for the SAME game and B crushing for the switch to just have another port of a classic and well-loved franchise ( with the other, off the top of my head, being mk8 Delux

Honestly I'd be surprised if we got a new smash...

"But it's a new game"

That's something I was legitimately told on another forum when I was unhappy about being expected to pay a full $60 for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe if I want to be able to play Mario Kart 8 with my friends now even though I already have Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U.

Nintendo has people fully believing that ports of recent games are "new games", and they also have people actually clamoring for a port of Super Smash Bros. at the expense of an actual new Super Smash Bros. The Switch is such easy money for them.

I hope they go down the road of a new SSB instead, but... I don't have much faith. Hopefully the ports will stop after that.

Back