• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo Direct Mini - January 11th 2018

I actually would've prefered a Wii U over the PS4, but I loved the PS3, and my brother wanted to play with all of his freinds on PS4, so I took the gamble. While he was having a blast with MGS5, Dishonored 2, Uncharted 4, Doom, Fallout 4, FF15, and so much more, I played.....LittleBigPlanet 3 for a bit. It was a really bad sequel. And erm..... that was it. I'm so happy with the Switch now,
because not only do I get awesome original Nintendo games, but I can catch up on some of the old Wii U games I missed out on!

My biggest hope is a 3D World port, but thats not really forseeable.

I feel Nintendo might be making a mistake porting so many WiiU titles to the Switch. For WiiU owners, there hasn't been many reasons to make the "Switch".

For me though, speaking as someone who skipped the WiiU, this is not so terrible. I've secretly been hoping for a Hyrule Warriors port so, ~yay! Tropical Freeze looks pretty good too.

There's plenty of reasons to make the switch! Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Kirby, Yoshi, Prime 4, Splatoon 2, Pokemon, and so mcuh more we probably don't know about!

i skipped the wiiu so im not all that bothered by ports but its just annoying that they try and brand it as a whole new game rather than just "we've added an easy mode'

If you can't see any good in Mario Tennis Aces...

JUST TAKE A GANDER AT THESE BAD BOIIZZZZZZ :rolleyes:

MTA_Wario_Tennis_Outfit.jpgMTA_Waluigi_Tennis_Outfit.jpg

HOW COULD ANYONE RESIST?????

Last edited:
I feel Nintendo might be making a mistake porting so many WiiU titles to the Switch. For WiiU owners, there hasn't been many reasons to make the "Switch".

For me though, speaking as someone who skipped the WiiU, this is not so terrible. I've secretly been hoping for a Hyrule Warriors port so, ~yay! Tropical Freeze looks pretty good too.
Ok here's a few view points and well points of porting
1 ( the big "one" ) money just leave it at. Cost-effective money.
2 the switch uses a whole different game format which means you can't even think about playing old games though this point would be moot if the switch or next gen was built with the necessary gimiks for Wii u ports and they said nah to cross compadable
3 FUNKY NEW WAY TO PLAY

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you can't see any good in Mario Tennis Aces...

JUST TAKE A GANDER AT THESE BAD BOIIZZZZZZ :rolleyes:

HOW COULD ANYONE RESIST?????
That looks so endearing!

Edit. But that toads face in warios.

Last edited:
I don't know where my head was when I made that comment about this crap.

Pathetic.

I honestly don't even care about Nintendo anymore.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So, a Nintendo Direct Mini dropped in earlier this morning without a single announcement. And I'll quickly list what's shown in the presentation:

• Dark Souls: Remastered launches on May 25 for $40 USD
  • Mario Tennis Aces coming this spring, with a GBA-style story mode thrown in for good measures
  • A port of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is coming to Switch on May 4th, with Funky Kong being the game's Easy Mode
  • Kirby Star Allies arriving on March 16th
  • The World Ends with You: Final Remix launching this year
  • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition releasing this spring, includes everything from the Wii U and 3DS version, alongside with Breath of Wild outfits for Link and Zelda
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana arriving this summer
  • Super Mario Odyssey will receive a DLC this February, coming with Balloon World, new snapshot filters and outfits
  • Donkey Kong being added as playable character in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, complete with new storyline and world to explore. It'll be released this spring.
  • Pokk?n Tournament DX Battle Pack 1: available in January 31st, with Battle Pok?mon Aegislash and a new Support Pok?mon Set featuring Mega Rayquaza and Mimikyu?
  • Pokk?n Tournament DX Battle Pack 2: available in March 23rd, with Battle Pok?mon Blastoise and a new Support Pok?mon Set featuring Mew and Celebi

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/january-2018-nintendo-direct-mini-official-recap/
My Translation-

1. 3rd Party Crap
2. Meh
3. WOW, GUYS IT'S ANOTHER PORT WHOPEEEEEEEEEEE
4. We already knew this was coming
5. Another port
6. Boring anime crap
7. First semi decent thing, but we all knew something like this was coming
8. Meh
9. Boring
10. Boring

Can't say I'm surprised.

Last edited:
I feel if Nintendo said "hey a switch direct MINI will be coming "soon"! ( Nothing big will be announced )" then ally of ppls "rage" would be lessened unless you'd honestly expect acs to be announced in a "nothing big mini direct"

Back