• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

At what point in your life so far were you the happiest?

thisistian

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
I guess when I was 10. Played computer games all day, no stress or pressure of exams. ;-;

Same reasons as you guys, although it’s closer to 8 for me. It all just went downhill from there, haha... orz.

Honestly probably when I was a Freshman/Sophmore/Junior in HS. I was getting in touch with my inner peace and I felt great. I dressed how I wanted, told people I wish them peace and love and all that good stuff, etc.

Though when I got older I kinda got criticized for it, since people would think I'm on some kinda psychedelic drug or that I was too old to wear headbands and tie-dye shirts. People also kept making me feel like an ignorant fool when it came to politics. So ever since I broke out of that (when I became depressed around October 2016) my life has just been in a downward spiral.

I'd love to get back into it, but the people in my family (especially my dad) aren't very forgiving.

Pre High School tbh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

even then it wasn't all that gr8 but such is life

I’d say that it was probably 2016.. I had so many friends back then. 2016 was also the year of when I got two major awards, and also the year when my friends were actually real friends.

Lately I've been really happy because of hypomania, but the time I was happy not because of mental illness? When I was around nine. Even though I was bullied and hadn't had the best past, I was still content with just playing video games/online games. I miss it lol.

Seriously?

When I first moved into my group home. I had been homeless for a year prior to that, and was so relieved to have a permanent roof over my head and an address.

June-December 2013 was by far the happiest time of my life. Something really good happened in June 2013, and after that I just felt super happy and content and at peace with myself for quite a long while.

i guess the ages 0-4, before school.
i remember the world use to be so bright and food use to taste so strong
everyday i would find out something new and amazing

Basically my entire childhood up until I turned 16. That was when my entire life suddenly revolved around school, learning to drive, and getting into college. I miss the days when I could just play video games without getting a lecture about responsibility and go to family gatherings and not be asked about college and my plans for the future.

mmm probably when I was 10/11? i moved to a new school and my confidence and happiness was higher than it'd ever been, but after a string of several very bad decisions and Family Stuff TM it's all kinda been going downhill since then
i don't know, i have a tendency to over-romanticize/dramatize things and "live in the past" so those years probably weren't even as great as i remember them + i'm still pretty young and it's only been a couple years since then so all this must sound pretty naive :,)

whatever, i'm rambling lmao. i'm determined to be at least a little happier this year than i was last year, though!

when i was like 0 - 6

ignorance is a beautiful for a child.

probaby junior high, that was when i met people who wanted to be friends with me. i was bullied a lot during elementary school, so transferring schools really helped me develop socially.

when i was like 7 or 8 or something i think lol....... i started having issues w friends and bullying when i was 9 and then i got mental health issues and blah blah blah so Yeah .

when i was a kid. before high school when i was the "new kid" and picked on. before college expenses. before having to adult.

when i was 12-13. I was entering adolescence and it was fun and exciting. Adulthood was far off and I didn't care about jobs or women. All me and my best friend did all day was play video games because that's all we cared about. It was so fun and that was before I would cap with mental issues when I was 15 or 16. I was virtually stress free and that was because I was ignorant and biased when I was in middle school. I was happy because I was in my own little bubble and life was the easiest it has ever been for me.

Last edited:
High school graduation. I'd just quit my job, I had the summer to enjoy before college, I was still friends with everyone from high school. A few weeks after that everything went down the drain.

Back