Sleek Train Car
Cute Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
Crystal Tree
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Tockoid
Froggy Snowman
I know there are certain items you can only get access to by being a member of club tortimer. My question is once you are a member do you have to choose go to island with others to get them or will they appear on your personal island? Thanks

you have to go to the club tortimer island to get the rarer stuff, unfortunately ;;

it makes grinding for items a lot harder because you have to see other strangers haha

Ok thanks! I normally go to my own island cause it is easier without others there. Some people are fine but there are those that enjoy aggravating other players. Plus it sucks spending 1000 bells only to find out there are no items you are looking for. Thanks again

Your personal island will have rare items, but they only change out every day. It's easier to go to the online version because there's thousands of lobbies that have different items for sale. Most people won't even bother you or even care to. I really don't get why everyone gets so worked up when traveling over there.

CT islands have exclusive items that you can only get there - the list is in Liquefy's walkthrough faq on gamefaqs.
None of them are game breaking.
But CT islands do seem to offer more often the rarer items that you should be able to get on your own island, so its worth having the membership and going to CT islands. The 1000 bells are nothing - pick the fruit off the palms/centre trees & dump on the beach when you get back to town - takes a min to gather them & it pays your fare.

Thankfully the one item I really do like to get is the silver axe and its available via your own island. (but rare).

I haven't been to CT islands for a very long time, the aggravation element I got in abundance, enough to stop me going - I would go in my own region in the early hours (2 to 3am) to island hop for items - & still got players there (fellow insomanics/shift workers?) I was invariably blocked from leaving or they errored on me so I lost medals & the items I was buying. Not every time but enough for me to stop going. Guess I was considered anti-social - I didn't want to play tours, especially at 3am.

Not to scare but to inform - editing/hacking is possible on the CT islands - I personally would not accept any item from another player, at least walk over it first to see if it is an item that is legitimately held in the game.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/76129445

Post#11 poster Levice has some good advice/information - ie don't be too worried, as most things won't corrupt your game, may crash it and not even that if you are sensible & follow the advice they give.

Last edited:
katysu- I knew about the hacking thing. I was on CT island once and this guy was moving the trees all to one side and stuff. I don't go to CT island much because while I tend to believe most players are courteous there are those that go out of their was to be jerks. If I go I get the item I want and leave immediately. I don't fish/bug hunt there. Thanks all!

I'm confused and would like some clarification, too, please, about Club Tortimer Island in general. On a whim yesterday I paid the 50 medals for CT. Then I went home and got back on the boat. Kapp'n asked if I wanted to go alone or with others-I said with others. But I ended up at my own island with an unknown player. Is CT a separate place, or what? And what is island hopping?

I'm confused and would like some clarification, too, please, about Club Tortimer Island in general. On a whim yesterday I paid the 50 medals for CT. Then I went home and got back on the boat. Kapp'n asked if I wanted to go alone or with others-I said with others. But I ended up at my own island with an unknown player. Is CT a separate place, or what? And what is island hopping?

If there was another unknown player there, then you successfully made it to Club Tortimer. The islands all look pretty much the same, however, there should have been different items for sale in the shop. Island hopping is just going back home and asking Kapp'n to take you to another island "with others" to see if the items changed from the previous island.

If there was another unknown player there, then you successfully made it to Club Tortimer. The islands all look pretty much the same, however, there should have been different items for sale in the shop. Island hopping is just going back home and asking Kapp'n to take you to another island "with others" to see if the items changed from the previous island.

Oh, thanks! I don't think there were any different items, though...I'll try again another time.

Just keep switching between "My Country Only", and "International".
The items are random. ^_^

All items are the same for 'only your country' and 'international' right? Or are there better chances at getting some items on one versus the other?

Also on that note, has anyone ever gotten any of the items on the official list? I only ever remember obtaining a pink wetsuit, and I didn't even know that the hibiscus pin and muumuu were on your regular island instead of club tortimer, they seem so elusive..

All items are the same for 'only your country' and 'international' right? Or are there better chances at getting some items on one versus the other?

Also on that note, has anyone ever gotten any of the items on the official list? I only ever remember obtaining a pink wetsuit, and I didn't even know that the hibiscus pin and muumuu were on your regular island instead of club tortimer, they seem so elusive..

They are different every time for both. ^_^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, good,another tip, thank you! I'll try that!

Cool Nenya!
I got all the rare stuff, every color wetsuit etc. ^_^

OMG. There's a HAMSTER in my backyard. It just walked by my sliding doors!

Edit: I thought I was hallucinating.
My house IS Animal Crossing! ^_^

I made a video and took a screen.
Sorry to go OT. Just excited!

LA2BoQz.jpg

Last edited:

When I've been to CT islands I've seen no difference in what is offered between own region and international.

Not sure what you mean by official list, I've checked Liquefy's walkthrough faq on gamefaqs for the CT exclusives and they are:
Bottled Ship, Box of Chocolates, Sand Castle, Sea Globe, Ukulele, Whirlpool Bath, Muumuu, Hibiscus Hairpin, Blue Wet Suit, Red Wet Suit, Striped Wet Suit, White Wet Suit.

So the pink wet suit is available via your own island, while Muumuu & hibiscus hairpin are only on CT.
What I found tho is that the rarer items - like the pink wet suit I was able to pick up on a CT island, while my own island seem to just get the same old, time after time.

On CT islands you don't get the CT membership form, another item in its stead.
You can get rid of that membership form on your own island if you have 4 characters and they all get the CT membership (needs confirmation, haven't done it myself) or take a visitor (from another town) over to your island - that gets you an extra item in the shop rather than the membership form. (again, confirmation, its ages since I took a visitor over).

When I've been to CT islands I've seen no difference in what is offered between own region and international.

Not sure what you mean by official list, I've checked Liquefy's walkthrough faq on gamefaqs for the CT exclusives and they are:
Bottled Ship, Box of Chocolates, Sand Castle, Sea Globe, Ukulele, Whirlpool Bath, Muumuu, Hibiscus Hairpin, Blue Wet Suit, Red Wet Suit, Striped Wet Suit, White Wet Suit.

So the pink wet suit is available via your own island, while Muumuu & hibiscus hairpin are only on CT.
What I found tho is that the rarer items - like the pink wet suit I was able to pick up on a CT island, while my own island seem to just get the same old, time after time.

On CT islands you don't get the CT membership form, another item in its stead.
You can get rid of that membership form on your own island if you have 4 characters and they all get the CT membership (needs confirmation, haven't done it myself) or take a visitor (from another town) over to your island - that gets you an extra item in the shop rather than the membership form. (again, confirmation, its ages since I took a visitor over).

Thank you!! This is so helpful! I guess the list I was looking at was wrong, because it said that the hibiscus and muumuu could be obtained on your own island, not Club Tortimer.

Back