Best Animal crossing game?

I've played Wild World, New Leaf and Pocket Camp. New Leaf is my fave hands down :>

You'll get a wider variety of responses in the General AC Discussion forum lol

Anyway, I'll rank them best to worst, minus the spinoffs.

1. New Leaf (Pros: Amazing new game mechanics, beautiful art style, good villager dialogue. No cons.)
2. City Folk (Pros: THE CITY. THE CITY IS AMAZING. Not as expansive as NL, but so much more to do than in the original. Display resolution of the game is good (in comparison to the other AC games, haha) Cons: Bad art style.)
3. N64/Gamecube (Pros: Extremely vivid and amazing villager dialogue. The new features in どうぶつの森 e+, shame it was never released internationally. Cons: Kinda a bland game overall except for the villagers.)
4. Pocket Camp (Pros: No pros. Cons: Very very bland. I enjoyed this for an hour and never touched it again.)
5. Wild World. I know it's irrational, but I CAN NOT STAND anything with a framerate lower than 24 FPS.:(

i think all the animal crossing games built on each other for quite a while until nintendo came out with amiibo festival, happy home designer, and pocket camp- so out of all the normal town-life games before those three, definitely new leaf is the best because it takes all the best parts of city folk and wild world and improves upon the bad parts :blush:

i do really love happy home designer though because i like designing rooms and my acnl wallet can't handle that

i really wanna play wild world to bad they didnt release it for wii or ds :(

they have wild world for the ds

I like all the versions of Animal Crossing quite well. My top two are Animal Crossing for the Gamecube and Animal Crossing New Leaf. Wild World is a close third.

1. New Leaf (Pros: Amazing new game mechanics, beautiful art style, good villager dialogue. No cons.)
2. City Folk (Pros: THE CITY. THE CITY IS AMAZING. Not as expansive as NL, but so much more to do than in the original. Display resolution of the game is good (in comparison to the other AC games, haha) Cons: Bad art style.)
3. N64/Gamecube (Pros: Extremely vivid and amazing villager dialogue. The new features in どうぶつの森 e+, shame it was never released internationally. Cons: Kinda a bland game overall except for the villagers.)
4. Pocket Camp (Pros: No pros. Cons: Very very bland. I enjoyed this for an hour and never touched it again.)
5. Wild World. I know it's irrational, but I CAN NOT STAND anything with a framerate lower than 24 FPS.:(

i agree with the pocket camp it is very boring i got fed up with it really quick

i agree with the pocket camp it is very boring i got fed up with it really quick

i had animal crossing city folk for my wii but i cannot find the disc only the case and its annoying me so much i wanna play it haha

i like pocket camp bc of its mobility my ds is too big to carry in my pocket so i can move around with it, but the pay wall is very frustrating, but it's also REALLY CUTE!!!!!!!! i built a pool and tad was kicking and splashing his little feet in it and i have a skateboard ramp so they skateboard!

You really can't compare a game that came out almost twenty years ago to a game that came out in 2013. Animal Crossing was the pioneer that all other games followed. So it's going to be flawed compared to it's successors.

I will say this though, I loved the villager's and their personalities more in AC for the GameCube more then New Leaf. Sure there are more villagers in NL, but they're so generic and dumbed down. Hopefully they can fix that in the next installment. Less villagers, more dialogue, and maybe even unique dialogue and stories for each villager.

1. ACNL is my favorite. Started on release and haven't missed a day. There is so much to do in the game.
2. Gamecube. It's the 1st one with lots of good memories. I love that we have to work for Nook and do real chores for the villagers.
I still go back to my old town and check it out.
3/4. Wild World and than City Folks. Enjoyed WW but found online hard to use. Played City Folk for a short period of time. Not a fan of the Wii Remote.
5. Happy Home Designer Enjoyed it for awhile but it got boring. I do back to visit villagers that moved from my ACNL town.
6. Played Pocket Camp for 3 days and got bored. Spent more time waiting for the game to load to do a small task or to talk to a villager. Spending more time waiting or having the screen freeze wasn't worth my time. Think it's a game just to keep AC fans happy for awhile. I'm tired of band aid ACNL and than PC to keep players happy for awhile. They need to work on a real AC game.

I have played the following:

Animal Crossing: Population: Growing! (GameCube game)
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Of the three, I'd have to say that New Leaf is probably the best, but Population Growing! is a really strong game. I didn't enjoy City Folk at all.

While I greatly miss the unique character that Population: Growing! had, such as is shown in the holidays that have since been removed, the little wishing well statue guy, Cooper's morning aerobics, Wendell actually doing something worthwhile, and the watering down of the Cranky and Snooty personalities in New Leaf, it just doesn't compete with all of the great additions that have been made thanks to technological advancement. I still love it for what it is though and I like to visit my old town once in a rare while just for nostalgia's sake.

New Leaf has a ton of content, both in the original iteration and especially in the Welcome Amiibo update, that just makes it terribly addicting. Being able to play with friends and other players around the world and trade items and villagers. Being able to share your artistic creations with the world through the QR Scanner machine in the Able Sisters' store. The mini games on the island, as well as on the in-game 3DS and Wii U consoles. Public Works Projects. I haven't even gotten to the ridiculous amount of customization you can put into your home and all the series mainstay ways to spend time like bug catching and fishing. It's really quite impressive to behold and it keeps calling me, and many others, back time and time again. It's not a perfect game, the towns are too small and the 10 villager limit is disappointing, but it's still a wonderful game and definitely my favorite in the series.

I've played Wild world, Lets go to the city, new leaf, happy home designer and pocket camp. New leaf was my first though, and it's the one I've spent the most time on. Clear winner here (although the city is amazing in lgttc)

I have played the following:

Animal Crossing: Population: Growing! (GameCube game)
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Of the three, I'd have to say that New Leaf is probably the best, but Population Growing! is a really strong game. I didn't enjoy City Folk at all.

While I greatly miss the unique character that Population: Growing! had, such as is shown in the holidays that have since been removed, the little wishing well statue guy, Cooper's morning aerobics, Wendell actually doing something worthwhile, and the watering down of the Cranky and Snooty personalities in New Leaf, it just doesn't compete with all of the great additions that have been made thanks to technological advancement. I still love it for what it is though and I like to visit my old town once in a rare while just for nostalgia's sake.

New Leaf has a ton of content, both in the original iteration and especially in the Welcome Amiibo update, that just makes it terribly addicting. Being able to play with friends and other players around the world and trade items and villagers. Being able to share your artistic creations with the world through the QR Scanner machine in the Able Sisters' store. The mini games on the island, as well as on the in-game 3DS and Wii U consoles. Public Works Projects. I haven't even gotten to the ridiculous amount of customization you can put into your home and all the series mainstay ways to spend time like bug catching and fishing. It's really quite impressive to behold and it keeps calling me, and many others, back time and time again. It's not a perfect game, the towns are too small and the 10 villager limit is disappointing, but it's still a wonderful game and definitely my favorite in the series.
Why didn't you enjoy CF?

New leaf!
I’ve had wild world in ds and GameCube, as well as pocket camp , but they Dont compare to new leaf.

Last edited:
im really stuck on what game to get now lol i managed to find a pre owned animal crossing: city folk in a shop near me for ?5 since i can no longer find the disc for my old wii or the new leaf one. my daughter has new leaf and i did enjoy playing around on hers.

1. New Leaf
2. GameCube
3. Pocket Camp
4. Happy Home Designer
5. Wild World
6. Amiibo Festival
7. City Folk

Back