• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you dress your characters according to the weather?

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Weather isn't a factor when I dress Raven. Like right now in the dead of winter, she is wearing shorts and a tee shirt. Yesterday, she was wearing a cat dress.

I have winter clothes like long pants and sweaters, but I haven't put her in any of that since it started snowing.

So what about you guys? Do you dress up your characters according to the seasons or do you just put them in whatever and call it a day?

I keep my outfit the same, but I do like to carry an umbrella when strolling about in the rain :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I keep my outfit the same, but I do like to carry an umbrella when strolling about in the rain :rolleyes:

I don't even use umbrella's when it's raining. You know it's a good thing we can't get sick in this game or Raven will always be sick.

I like to change my clothes for the weather so I dress up my character

i change my mayor's outfit every couple weeks, whenever I get bored of it, and I try to co-ordinate with the seasons. right now he has a christmas jumper, jeans and snow boots :cool:

I definitely dress my Mayor according to the weather. I have a few outfits I like to wear each season, such as the Kiki and Lala Dress, Star Hairpin, White Stockings, and Basic Shoes for spring. I also carry an umbrella (that matches the current outfit) when it rains.

For winter, my Mayor is dressed in the Pink Parka, Dry-Denim Skirt, White Stockings, Purple Knit Hat, and Snow Boots for the cold~

Last edited:
I did not used to bother with wearing season appropriate clothing, and actually had pretty much one thing that my main mayor would wear most of the time. However, recently, I have been changing my mayor's outfit daily and have been keeping it seasonally appropriate because I think it would bug me to see the shivering if I had them go out in something with short or no sleeves during Winter, or the uncomfortable fanning oneself from long sleeves in the Summer.

i usually do, at least in the fall/winter. in the spring/summer it's usually whatever.

I do. I like to change my outfits often and try to keep them season appropriate. I feel bad seeing my mayor shiver in winter or fan themselves in summer lol

Kinda? Right now, it's the purple pumpkin head, raincoat, and the purple socks w/stars. But her outfit does change constantly and it's based on the season.

i try to but i recently made a really pretty qr code tank dress and so. uh. my mayor's just freezing around in that for now

at least she looks super cute?

My mayors are dressed pretty randomly throughout the year lol. Mostly I dress them according to my town theme.

My mayor is a ninja year round. So I guess not?

But I guess they do blend in with their environment.

Last edited:
Early on I dressed them using the lovely phone. Now I dress them for the weather. Right now the mayor is wearing the gray parka, kilt, black leggings, Santa boots, red glasses and red knit hat.
The 1st day without snow all my players remove their shoes. Dress in shorts and a tee.

I do leave a pair of shorts, tank and flip flops on the island for my players to use. It's nice to escape to the island and get a tan during the winter.

i try to sometimes, but inevitably become too lazy to keep it up, especially when i'm focused on arranging and setting stuff up in my town. i like a change of clothes every now and then, so having a favourite outfit/qr code isn't really a problem. and for my side characters, i haven't really bothered with changing their clothes at all :p

Oh, definitely! Haha, my first mayor had about 20 full outfits cause I like the clothes so much. I get bored seeing them in the same clothes all the time. Now I limit each character to four outfits on their mannequins-easy to do quick changes, based on the weather, of course.

Back