• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

do you have clingy pets?

My cat will take any chance she has to be on top of me. If I'm sitting upright, she'll sit in my lap. If I'm on my side, she'll lay on my leg. If I'm laying down, she'll go to sleep on my face. I get no peace lol.

An independent kitten was about all I had as a child and at that time all I had wished for was to have an affectionate pet. Now being older and having the ownership and responsibility of a yorkie, I can admit that having a close bond with a dog is something truly special. However, she can be a bother at times when she gets too clingy (usually when she's due on) but other times I do enjoy having that comfort. She's still a puppy and constantly wanting to play but I can't complain because I know I'll never get to have those joyful years of her back again. :') I've got to make the most of those special moments. She is a genuinely unique little thing. A bundle of love.

I used to, but taken away.
Hoping for new clingy babies soon <3

I can't help but jump our beagle and shower her with love but she's not that clingy. She'll tolerate it for a bit and then go sleep in the corner during the day. Unless she hasn't seen you in a while, she won't come to you right away if you call for her.. unless she knows she will get a treat lol. Although at night she has to sleep rightttt next to a person's body or she can't sleep. I guess she just doesn't like being bothered during the day lol.

My mom's dog is really clingy. She always has to be right up in your face. Constantly. She'll start whining the second she's not the center of attention. I can't even pet the cats without her getting all worked up. :(

My last cat was very clingy. His sister was hit by a car when they were 2 years old, and from that time on, he transferred everything to me. He wouldn't always be in my lap, but I had to be in his line of sight.

My girls I have now are less so, but I think it's because they have each other, in addition to me. Maggie, my tuxedo, does like to sit on the arm of my chair or curl up in my lap, but she's also happy to sleep on another piece of furniture. She is generally in the room with me, but does go find her own hidey spot. Raven, my black kitty, is a bit more independent. But she does love to be held while I walk around the house.

I wouldn't consider either of them to be velcro kitties, but they are affectionate, which is wonderful.

Like others have said, though, I am not able to close the bathroom door (couldn't for my boy, either). Raven is better about it, but Maggie will cry and body slam any door until I open it. She'll sometimes cry at closet doors, so I think it has to do with closed doors in general.

one of my cats, jackson, is very very clingy. he loves every bit of attention and used to suckle people's shirts

Ooh boy is my Fox clingy, every time I go to bed he forces himself under the covers (there is no stopping him o-o) and if im sitting anywhere he must be with me, doesn't matter how since he always finds a way to make it uncomfortable/awkward ?~?

My cat is very clingy. When he hears me on Skype in my room or anything, he will scratch on my door until I let him in. Then once he's in, he jumps on my bed and starts to slap me until I pet him.

I have a border collie crossed with a springer spaniel and she?s clingy but only with certain people. Other people she will just flat out ignore and be rude towards, but if she likes you she?s super clingy! :)

Not myself, but my friends' dog whom I used to watch regularlyand now does when occasion comes, really loves to hump me literaly everytime I go there. Me and one of my amigos there are literally his love subjects lmao.

Nope! My pets were turtles and everytime any person came by they scratched at the glass and it destroyed my ears.

I guess they could've have been clingy just to get attention for food...

Last edited:
My rottweiler, Drea, is soooo clingy. She wants to follow me everywhere and it can be a mix of cute and grr. And she knows that when I put my shoes on or grab my car keys, it means that I?m leaving so she starts whining like crazy. She sleeps at the foot of my bed and is very protective of me. I guess that?s the Rottie in her!

giphy.gif

I use to have a clingy cockatiel named butter. At first she didn't like me but she later grew on me. Whenever I enter the house I can hear her chirping mad and hopping around in her cage. She would climb towards me where ever I position myself. She enjoy sitting on my lap or stomach. She only would sit on my shoulders if I had earrings on so she can pick at them. She enjoy eating Ritz crackers. Whenever I put her back she would continue to chirp mad until I pick her up again. It only got annoying when it was time for me to sleep.
She past away like 4 years ago I believe. Now I have a cat that acts like a dog.

Haha! My cats like to lay on me when they're lonely! xD I've noticed that they tend to wait for me on the couch when I get home to fall asleep in my lap *u*

At my school we have a dog, she is clingy to her owner, if I'm walking her and she sees her owner, she bolts! (Which is very, very, VERY ANNOYING)

YES AND I MISS HER SOOOOOO MUCH ;-;

Back