• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

do you have clingy pets?

BlueberryPoptarts

what in the heck
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
i've grown up with pets, but now i have a cat and she is soooo clingy
like she has to crawl under the blankets with me at night and lay on my lap when im on my laptop. she's cute but she's a dork
do ur guys pets crawl on you, or are they more distant?

One of my uncle's dogs is really clingy, he always follows me everywhere and sits next to me and looks up at me like 'I love you...' And he is very licky. :) His sister is more reserved, but that's because she knows he steals all my attention. :) When he goes off to do something else she comes up to me and she's as clingy as him. The only problem is, when she goes up to me her brother does as well. It's a vicious circle. :p

Last edited:
Whenever I get home from school and I put my key inside the door, my cat hears the sound of me doing it and then runs by the door and waits until I open it lol. Then he proceeds to follow me around everywhere, and usually after school I have to use the bathroom so I go in there and lock the door, and he stands outside meowing until I come out or let him in lol

it's annoying but he's cute and I love him, I can't wait to see him when I go home

and this might be a little TMI but when I'm on the toilet and my cat is in the bathroom with me, I put a towel over me and then he tries to crawl on top of me and I help him sit on me... aksowkow it's so cute honestly!!

Last edited:
Lmao no, my cats are cuties but they’re not clingy.

My cat growing up was soooo clingy! She always had to be sitting on me or against me and would do things like sit on my homework and bat things out of my hands to try to keep all the attention on her. She also insisted on sleeping up against my face for all 20 years of her life. She passed away a few months ago, and my new cat isn't nearly as needy. I'm working on her though, I really miss having a clingy pet!

I've never had any super clingy pets, which is both kind of disappointing and a relief (for my sake and theirs). I temporarily had a pug once, and he was probably the most clingy (although pushy is a better word) - he'd break down any barrier barring him from the upstairs lmao. My dog rn isn't like that at all, though he'll snuggle up when he's tired. I've also had cats in the past, and none of them have been very forthcoming with their love xD

All of my animals are clingy and I love it. My two dogs have to sleep on the bed with me and my boyfriend at night or they whine endlessly (annoying but still cute), my cats wake me up every morning my headbutting me and begging for pets because they're fat and want food, and my flying squirrel literally clings to me with his little squirrel claws.

Yes. My mom calls my cat my shadow. IF I’m home he can’t go more than 2 hours without being in the same room as me, and if I get up to do anything, like pee, he has to follow. It’s adorable, but he gets bad separation anxiety when I leave.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Whenever I get home from school and I put my key inside the door, my cat hears the sound of me doing it and then runs by the door and waits until I open it lol. Then he proceeds to follow me around everywhere, and usually after school I have to use the bathroom so I go in there and lock the door, and he stands outside meowing until I come out or let him in lol

it's annoying but he's cute and I love him, I can't wait to see him when I go home

and this might be a little TMI but when I'm on the toilet and my cat is in the bathroom with me, I put a towel over me and then he tries to crawl on top of me and I help him sit on me... aksowkow it's so cute honestly!!
Mine always wants pets when I’m on the toilet. Like, go away so I can wipe.

I have a bunch of cats and they are all clingy, some more than others. I have a little one who is almost 3 but still look like 6 months old kitten that I have to carry around all day long. I carry him in my hoodie like a baby, while the others are following. I can't do anything without having them around, inspecting everything, if I close the door of the bathroom for instance they whine and scratch the door until I let them in and at night they all want to sleep with me.

I wouldn't say they're clingy, but my youngest cat is still young so she does enjoy long cuddle sessions. It's hard getting ready for work sometimes when I can't get the bathroom to myself, that's the only time I'd consider her to be so. My other cat is much more aloof, he enjoys his space but shows his affection in other ways my second cat doesn't. They're quite different. Sometimes I do wish they would cuddle up to sleep more often though. My boy did that when he was a kitten but not so much now.

Yee, my cat {Mogwai} is quite clingy to my brother. Waits for him to come at the top of the stairs and if he doesn't come up straight away he will come down and meow at him.
Once he was eating his breakfast downstairs and Mogwai was meowing him to come back up, he didn't so Mogwai ended up bitting his arm to gain his attention.

Lmao yes. My cat is the clingiest, and my mom calls us ?codependent.? When I get home she?ll come greet me at the door, she follows me around the house, she has to be sitting on my lap, and she sleeps with me every night. My dogs are also pretty clingy, but not to the extent that my cat is. After we adopted my older dog from the shelter he was always really nervous when we would leave him at home and would destroy stuff, but he?s gotten a lot better about that.

My dog is super clingy. It?s gotten worse now that I?m pregnant. He?s always by my feet or trying to cuddle me on our very tiny couch. My son dislikes it because he?s also clingy too... Plus my mother in law has taught him that dogs are ?outdoor animals?, but slowly he?s learning to get use to our dog being indoors only. (I don?t get along well with my mother in law). Though unfortunately I?m sorta allergic to my dogs short fur.. it makes me super itchy and I sneeze a lot. So I can?t really cuddle him much.

My cat on the other hand is only clingy in the middle of the night (like right now). She wants ALL the attention at night when we are trying to sleep. During the day she?s like ?get away from me? at night she?s like ?LOVE ME YOU DARN HUMANS!? >.> Make up your mind cat!

my cat Sassy is very clingy! Most of the time she follows me everywhere and will jump up in my lap if I don't pet her while she's on the ground.

my cats are clingy as hell. they are siamese so in their breed they are already super social and get attached super easily but my old man egg cat, he's another story. dad calls him dependent on me. we have a routine, he's sleeps with me, i wake up, he sits outside the bathroom and meows waiting for me to finish, when i go downstairs for breakfast he sits near me and meows for me to go back upstairs and cuddle him. he gets annoyed at me for going out or disturbing his cuddles. god forbid when i move out.

My beautiful 12 year old ginger Manx, Pebbles.

The love of my life. ^_^

my kitten is super clingy, but it's pretty cute lol
she constantly wants to be held and gives lotsa cue kisses 0 v0

My cat Kitty Purry is starring at me with her big eyes as we speak. She follows me everywhere (even the bathroom) so she can kneed her claws into me with love.

Back