• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

when do you take down your Christmas tree and Christmas decorations?

like mid/late january
everything seems so depressing and bare when we take ours down aha

I did mine 2 days ago! I am decorating a wreath for valentines already, I'm a little too excited to decorate our little home each holiday lolol

Haha I am definitely going to do a little lighter on decorating next year - it took way too long to take everything down!

Over the past week we've been taking down the decorations slowly. They're almost all put away, just a few straggling things here and there. We usually try to by a week into the New Year as I think that's when the boyscouts usually pick up the trees? Now we have a fake tree, but we just follow our old tradition of keeping it up until then.

I'm not sure if this is just an Irish thing but in my house we've always waited until the 6th of January to take the decorations down because that's the date of Little Christmas. Apparently you're not supposed to take the tree down before then, haven't a clue why though.

Back