• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you usually go out for New Year's Eve, or stay in??

King Dorado

you can do anything
Bells
Rebel Gnome
Fossil Easter Egg
Ladybug Easter Egg
Paradise Planning Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
I used to go out to friends' parties or to nightclubs,
but now I usually just stay in and avoid all the crowds and drunk drivers :rolleyes:

I do like watching the New Year's Eve shows with the Times Square countdown in New York City, then usually one of the Spanish networks will show the countdown in the next time zone in Acapulco...

what do you guys do to celebrate??
:confused:

i always stay at home
new years isn't really a thing that i think about.
i'm just drawing and my sister comes round and says happy new year and im like oh

Stay at home. I don't know anyone IRL that does anything big for New Year's, especially not now that I've moved to Huntsville.

stay in tbh. unless someone else invites us over or we're feeling like inviting others over. last year we just hung out and tbh it's probably what we'll do this year too

I usually stay in, though sometimes we get invited to or host a dinner, which is less my cup of tea. If I lived somewhere warmer, it'd be nice to go out to see fireworks...

Usually stay at home cause I'm always broke after bills. BUT I do open Mic at this bar every week and the owner asked me to play during their dinner part of their party tonight. Really I should be practicing right now instead of playing ac. Buuuuuuuut. ;)

Stay in. I don't even stay up most years, but I am attempting it this year. I feel like it will help me be more optimistic.

I usually stay at home cause it's too cold outside to watch fireworks outside so we just watch the New Year's Eve shows with the countdown on tv in the nice and warm. :)

I used to always go out to gatherings or child-friendly parties, but nowadays I usually just stay in lmao

I just stay in with my extended family (usually), move the dinner table to the living room, and eat there while we watch the countdown or a movie.

We have done the same thing for 10 years - gather with my mother's sister's family and spend the day and night together. Two of my cousins are twins and their birthday is the 31st of December, so it's always a joint celebration. We ring in the New Year by assembling in their basement, playing games, watching movies, and then the New York ball drop. We share a lot of hugs and joy at midnight.

I take a lot of comfort in this tradition. The best conclusion to the year...

We never do anything, this year was actually the first year I stayed up until midnight (how lame I know) because nobody else in my family does and when I was younger I wasn't allowed. But this year I just played mario kart on the switch and then went to the animal crossing countdown and it was great.

I've always been home. But it would be nice to go to a New Year's Eve party location for once.

We would celebrate Christmas and New Years with family. We aren?t drinkers plus we have children so we stick to family friendly places, though mainly stay home. My husband loves that Texas allows fireworks so he?s constantly wanting to go there for New Years and 4th of July.

I generally stay home. Too many people out and about, most consuming too much alcohol. I used to go out, when I was younger, but I've given up on Amateur Night.

This year, I did go to a friend's house for dinner, but she lives a 5 minute walk from me... well, it would have been a 5 minute walk, if it hadn't been 8 degrees out. ;)

I was home and in my jammies by 9:30. I had planned to go to bed, but got caught up in AC, so stayed up to see New Year. I was in bed shortly after that, though.

Back