Can't enjoy this game anymore... (may also spoil your enjoyment, read @ ur own risk!)

thisistian

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
Deleted - sorry, didn't want all this negativity to remain on this forum. Thank you for all the support from those who responded! <3

Last edited:
In time, it'll pass. Play YOUR game the way YOU like it and don't sweat what the uninformed have to say.

suspension of disbelief-"a willingness to suspend one's critical faculties and believe the unbelievable; sacrifice of realism and logic for the sake of enjoyment"

Just about every form of entertainment requires a suspension of disbelief.Movies,books,television,video games,etc.There really isn't a person out there flying around outer space named Luke Skywalker.Harry Potter is a fictitious person created from the imagination of some British lady.And it's not really possible for a video game wolf to read letters(or walk around on two legs and talk!).Entertainment is all about writers,directors,actors,authors and game developers creating worlds,stories and characters.We fill in the rest with our imaginations and we choose to believe.

suspension of disbelief-"a willingness to suspend one's critical faculties and believe the unbelievable; sacrifice of realism and logic for the sake of enjoyment"

Just about every form of entertainment requires a suspension of disbelief.Movies,books,television,video games,etc.There really isn't a person out there flying around outer space named Luke Skywalker.Harry Potter is a fictitious person created from the imagination of some British lady.And it's not really possible for a video game wolf to read letters(or walk around on two legs and talk!).Entertainment is all about writers,directors,actors,authors and game developers creating worlds,stories and characters.We fill in the rest with our imaginations and we choose to believe.

Thank you, Nunnafinga <3

Yeah, taking a break and returning sounds best. As far as I'm concerned, I'm well aware that they're NPCs and can't actually comprehend anything that I write, but it still adds a little layer of enjoyment to send a letter welcoming a villager to town when they move in, or to thank them for a gift, or whatever else comes to mind.

Yeah, taking a break and returning sounds best. As far as I'm concerned, I'm well aware that they're NPCs and can't actually comprehend anything that I write, but it still adds a little layer of enjoyment to send a letter welcoming a villager to town when they move in, or to thank them for a gift, or whatever else comes to mind.

Thank you. I'll definitely coming back - it's just too hard to resist such a beautiful game.

Last edited:

Thank you. I'll definitely coming back - it's just too hard to resist such a beautiful game.

Last edited:
i was like this when i was 12 and 13, its mainly just a time in your life where you realise what trouble in life are and pretty much give up, my sister went thought it too, i wouldn't put much pressure on something like that, to her it was just a simple chat with her sister, but to you it was emotional and hurtful, alot of people don't think about those things, and besides, a LOT of people have very strong attachments to villagers, mainly fictional characters lol, so i wouldn't worry about it <3 loving your villagers only make you make amazing of a mayor!

i was like this when i was 12 and 13, its mainly just a time in your life where you realise what trouble in life are and pretty much give up, my sister went thought it too, i wouldn't put much pressure on something like that, to her it was just a simple chat with her sister, but to you it was emotional and hurtful, alot of people don't think about those things, and besides, a LOT of people have very strong attachments to villagers, mainly fictional characters lol, so i wouldn't worry about it <3 loving your villagers only make you make amazing of a mayor!

Thank you for being so understanding! <3

This.

Those non video game people don't understand. I'm not any position to give anyone any advice about this game since I'm always seemingly mad at this game. But I am going to say that your sister obviously doesn't understand anything about this game. People became attached to characters they spend a lot of time with, whether they are real or not. That's how I was with Sims.

Recently I got a letter from Chief telling my mayor that she was irreplaceable. Of course, I realize it's a product of game developers, but I found it touching that anything like that would even be in the game. That letter came at a time when I needed to read it. It's those little touches that made me fall in love with the game to begin with.

Also, no there is nothing wrong with having an emotional attachment to your villagers. Just look at crazy obsessed I am with Tutu and getting her into my town.

Also, no there is nothing wrong with having an emotional attachment to your villagers. Just look at crazy obsessed I am with Tutu and getting her into my town.

I love Tutu too! She's so adorable, I think Peppy really suits her. Definitely think she's underrated! ^.^

I'm a bit late to this thread but I think I can vaguely gather from replies what is happening so I just want to say the reason you probably got so upset here is that you clearly care about this game a lot and you know what? There is nothing wrong with that and there is nothing wrong with you for feeling that way. In fact, that is why this forum is here because we all care about the game so much! It's true that people who have little experience with video games sometimes fail to see the same perspective as someone who does.

Also your comment about the Sims spoke to me. When I first got Sims3 I was obsessed with it and when my first Sim passed I was distraught. xd

Last edited:
I'm a bit late to this thread but I think I can vaguely gather from replies what is happening so I just want to say the reason you probably got so upset here is that you clearly care about this game a lot and you know what? There is nothing wrong with that and there is nothing wrong with you for feeling that way. In fact, that is why this forum is here because we all care about the game so much! It's true that people who have little experience with video games sometimes fail to see the same perspective as someone who does.

Also your comment about the Sims spoke to me. When I first got Sims3 I was obsessed with it and when my first Sim passed I was distraught. xd

Thank you c: yeah, you guessed it. I'm feeling much better now thanks to all the lovely and people here, such as yourself ^.^

Dang I was too late to the show to see what the OP originally said. So in lieu of that, I'll make my own story.

Pudge came over to my newly built house. I hadn't the time to decorate it with anything, but he commented how it really complimented my personality. He then sent me a letter the other day and told me this would really go well. It was a trashcan.

It was so scary you guys.

A more serious note, if you enjoy the game just play it. If you need a break, just do it. Life is too short for everything else.

Back