• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Inspiration for town layout

MarineSong2001

Bells
Mailbox
Since I'll be starting a new town on the first of January, I'd like to know what sort of layout you think would be best for me.

Any ideas?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, what name do you think would be best?

Last edited:
Maybe pick theme and figure everything from it? I've found that themed towns are more fun to work with. :)
If you need any theme inspirations, I can help :)

I 've found that if the town is split in the middle by a river, it's easier to section off. 3 bridges makes it divided up pretty equal. Museum on the right hand side of town trips me up though. Long beaches > little beaches. But really whatever you like should be your layout.

I 've found that if the town is split in the middle by a river, it's easier to section off. 3 bridges makes it divided up pretty equal. Museum on the right hand side of town trips me up though. Long beaches > little beaches. But really whatever you like should be your layout.
Good suggestions! Could you provide pictures?

I used to reset a lot until Pixel. It?s my favorite map! If you want to see a very organized town layout, take a look. DA below.
My favorite part of Pixel is the visible side waterfall. It is somewhat rare - it does not show up with every side waterfall map but I really like waterfalls like these.

Wander was a cycling map - I really wanted a south waterfall. I love maps with south waterfalls!

Many people have commented on my map in Rumble. It has a very long winding river. It is very different from all my other maps. If you like fishing having a continuous beach like Rumble would be what you might be looking for.

??
Anyways I wish you a very wonderful map with great starters!

Remember to reset until you find something you really like! Good luck best wishes!

I used to reset a lot until Pixel. It’s my favorite map! If you want to see a very organized town layout, take a look. DA below.
My favorite part of Pixel is the visible side waterfall. It is somewhat rare - it does not show up with every side waterfall map but I really like waterfalls like these.

Wander was a cycling map - I really wanted a south waterfall. I love maps with south waterfalls!

Many people have commented on my map in Rumble. It has a very long winding river. It is very different from all my other maps. If you like fishing having a continuous beach like Rumble would be what you might be looking for.

——
Anyways I wish you a very wonderful map with great starters!

Remember to reset until you find something you really like! Good luck best wishes!
Thank you very much! :)

so my town tuesday is named tuesday because it's a nice sounding word that's a noun but isn't a common noun and it's just a nice name. days of the week are good names. i picked tuesday specifically bc my mayor is a scorpio and scorpio's day of the week is tuesday. my other mayor is a leo so i could have named it sunday, and i did when i first reset for it, but i didn't

i reset it and called it "folly" because my mayor in that one is a fool. i wanted it to be a noun like that, like "lunacy" or "madness" or "fever", but "folly" was the only one that felt like a town name

i would suggest thesaurus.com and look around at words that you associate with your town or mayor

also for town lay out you have to think of what you like best! do you like a private beach (one with no ramp)? do you like your re-tail close to the train station? do you want lots of ponds? do you want your retail close to where you want your coffee shop or police station to be? do you want paeninsulas on either side of your river? do you want a vertical or horizontal river? do you want your villagers clustered or does it no matter? that sort of thing!!!

edit: there's also this table which shows all the river placements that can be generated. tuesday's is in the bottom left table, B3, and folly's is the top middle table, C4. i wanted long horizontal rivers so that i would have lots of room for PWPs if i clustered my villagers

Last edited:
so my town tuesday is named tuesday because it's a nice sounding word that's a noun but isn't a common noun and it's just a nice name. days of the week are good names. i picked tuesday specifically bc my mayor is a scorpio and scorpio's day of the week is tuesday. my other mayor is a leo so i could have named it sunday, and i did when i first reset for it, but i didn't

i reset it and called it "folly" because my mayor in that one is a fool. i wanted it to be a noun like that, like "lunacy" or "madness" or "fever", but "folly" was the only one that felt like a town name

i would suggest thesaurus.com and look around at words that you associate with your town or mayor

also for town lay out you have to think of what you like best! do you like a private beach (one with no ramp)? do you like your re-tail close to the train station? do you want lots of ponds? do you want your retail close to where you want your coffee shop or police station to be? do you want paeninsulas on either side of your river? do you want a vertical or horizontal river? do you want your villagers clustered or does it no matter? that sort of thing!!!
Thanks for the suggestions! :)

What about a town for the four seasons? Each section of the town will be divided into four spots, Spring, Summer, Fall/Autumn, and Winter. You would need to use tile patterns to keep snow all year round and or grass tiles of varying colors. I don't know, just a suggestion.

It came to mind when you stated wanting to do something for the start of the year. And I just recently watched this Samurai Jack episode that followed the pattern of each season.

You could call it something like Season(s), 4Seasons, Change, ect...

Last edited:
What about a town for the four seasons? Each section of the town will be divided into four spots, Spring, Summer, Fall/Autumn, and Winter. You would need to use tile patterns to keep snow all year round and or grass tiles of varying colors. I don't know, just a suggestion.

It came to mind when you stated wanting to do something for the start of the year. And I just recently watched this Samurai Jack episode that followed the pattern of each season.

You could call it something like Season(s), 4Seasons, Change, ect...
Good idea!

Back