• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

town layout ideas

Sophiefish

Bells
D7DFCF27-4734-4DAC-95AE-EA154140AFD4.jpgI?m starting a new town on a separate cartridge, I?m hoping for a similar town map to this one! Just wanting to see other people?s town layouts possible some similar to this. It would be great to see pictures or leave dream addresses so I can visit thank you

Last edited:
Sorry none of my towns have this layout.

I like visiting Dream towns with interesting maps - I?ll be on the lookout - if I see any
Like this I?ll post it here :)

You may actually want to avoid maps with a central town plaza. I've heard they can be harder to build around.

Last edited:
You may actually want to avoid maps with a central town plaza. I've heard they can be harder to build around.

Really?? Glad you have told me that I might have to look into it and ask a few people who have central towns see how they feel about it, thanks for the heads up

No problem. Try lurking in the Town Map thread. You can learn a lot about what constitutes as a good or bad map.

Novaria.jpg

I love my map after looking at dozens in the Town Map thread. Maybe it is close to what you are looking for? I love the simple river; the central town plaza; the location of Re-Tail, especially; the awesome sites of my mayors house and my second character. I didn't plot set any of the villager houses (didn't know it was even a possibility when I started playing).

No problem. Try lurking in the Town Map thread. You can learn a lot about what constitutes as a good or bad map.

I also recommend the town map thread. It would be like a treasure hunt!

Also - center town tree can be tricky to landscape and place houses - depends on river shape - especially the Southern part of the plaza. The hardest - for me at least - is the U shape river. But other people have made it work!

I do love a Southern river waterfall like you posted. I hope you find some map inspiration!

View attachment 213074

I love my map after looking at dozens in the Town Map thread. Maybe it is close to what you are looking for? I love the simple river; the central town plaza; the location of Re-Tail, especially; the awesome sites of my mayors house and my second character. I didn't plot set any of the villager houses (didn't know it was even a possibility when I started playing).

Thank you, I think this is quite similar to what I’m looking for and may be a big possibility if I come across it when starting up. Is that the DA for that map in your signature I’d really like to visit it to see your layout

Back