• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Town Name Compitition

Mayordaisy

hiatus
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Christmas Candy
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Silver Mailbox
Mailbox
Blue Candy
Hello! Today I will be hosting a small contest. All you have to do is comment a name for my new town and also a mayor name. Once I get enough entries, I will be doing a poll that you guys can vote on. You will be automatically disqualified if you vote for yourself. The theme of my town will be zen so I want something that sounds Korean, Japanese or Chinese. Same with the mayor. Now, what you have been waiting for, the prizes.
You could win
A 2017 tom nook doll collectable
A tasty cake collectable
50k in game bells
Fan art of your mayor
Hope you take part <3

I'll go with Japanese!
Town Name: Komorebi (meaning the light of the sun filtered through a tree's leaves, it's a word that only exists in Japanese)
Mayor Name: Wakaba (meaning "Young Leaf")

Both are nature-y and remind of "New Leaf" :)

I'll go with Japanese!
Town Name: Komorebi (meaning the light of the sun filtered through a tree's leaves, it's a word that only exists in Japanese)
Mayor Name: Wakaba (meaning "Young Leaf")

Both are nature-y and remind of "New Leaf" :)

I haven't seen many people go for Korean-based names, so I'll give it a try. (^-^)

Mayor Name: Ara
Meaning - From Korean 알아 "to know". Using hanja it can mean "be beautiful; good" from Sino-Korean 娥 (a) or "elegant, graceful, refined" (雅, a) and "net for catching birds" (羅, ra). A famous bearer is South Korean actress Go Ara (1990-).

Town Name: Haneul
Meaning - (GENDER: Masculine & Feminine). Means "heaven, sky."

Both Ara and Haneul are given names, but I feel like Ara would fit better as the name for a female mayor since it's feminine (also, the link I provided shows that it works as a Japanese name as well!). Haneul can be masculine or feminine, so I think it'd be nice as a neutral Korean name for a town.

Last edited:
I found quite a few you might like, you can have them as either town or mayor name. Most of them sound good for either town name or mayor name.

Chinese:
Fang - Fragrant, virtuous, beautiful
Fen - Fragrance, aroma, perfume, strive and exert
Hai - Sea, Ocean
Kai - Triumph, victory, music of triumph
Lan - Orchid, elegant, mountain mist
Shi - Time, era, season, honest, history
Huashen - Flora
Shebei - Plan
Shumu - Tree, pine, camwood

Korean:
Dae - The great one, shining
Daeshim - Greatest Mind
Eun - Silver
Hoon - Teaching
Hyuk - Radiant
Jun - King, ruler
Kyu - Standard
Mee - Beauty, a beautiful woman
Mishil - A beautiful kingdom, or an admired dynasty
Seok - Like a rock

Japanese:
Akemi - Beautiful dawn
Aika - Love song
Botan - Long life
Ebisu - Japanese God of labour and luck
Kishi - Seashore
Maemi - Smile of truth
Michie - Gateway, drooping flower
Mineko - Child of the peak
Mon - Gateway
Sakae - Prosperity
Suzuki - Bell tree

hmm well i came up with lotus once, which can be used for both mayor and town names :)

I'll go for japanese :)
Town Name: Shizuka (meaning - quiet / tranquil / peaceful)
Mayor Name: Hana (meaning - flower)

These all kinda have darker tones! (Japanese)

Possible town names:
Amaya (means 'night rain')
Kasumi ('mist')
Ukiyo ('floating world')

possible mayor names:
Rin (means 'severe, cold')
Leiko ('arrogant')
Miyu ('beautiful' or 'truth')
Suzu ('bell')

Last edited:
Okay, I have decided what 3 are going through to the poll.
The winner for the mayor is Giddy with Aika. I will probably just buy a collectable or give tbt.
Please check if your town name idea is in my new poll. Remember, you will be disqualified if you vote for yourself.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay, I have decided what 3 are going through to the poll.
The winner for the mayor is Giddy with Aika. I will probably just buy a collectable or give tbt.
Please check if your town name idea is in my new poll. Remember, you will be disqualified if you vote for yourself.

If I like your post, you got through! Also, Giddy won the mayor name contest. I'm sending you a collectable now c:

If I like your post, you got through! Also, Giddy won the mayor name contest. I'm sending you a collectable now c:

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like the name! Hope you have a wonderful time making your town wonderful!

Back