Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
Christmas Candy
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Silver Mailbox
Mailbox
Blue Candy
Hello! Today I will be hosting a small contest. All you have to do is comment a name for my new town and also a mayor name. Once I get enough entries, I will be doing a poll that you guys can vote on. You will be automatically disqualified if you vote for yourself. The theme of my town will be zen so I want something that sounds Korean, Japanese or Chinese. Same with the mayor. Now, what you have been waiting for, the prizes.
You could win
A 2017 tom nook doll collectable
A tasty cake collectable
50k in game bells
Fan art of your mayor
Hope you take part <3

I'll go with Japanese!
Town Name: Komorebi (meaning the light of the sun filtered through a tree's leaves, it's a word that only exists in Japanese)
Mayor Name: Wakaba (meaning "Young Leaf")

Both are nature-y and remind of "New Leaf" :)

I'll go with Japanese!
Town Name: Komorebi (meaning the light of the sun filtered through a tree's leaves, it's a word that only exists in Japanese)
Mayor Name: Wakaba (meaning "Young Leaf")

Both are nature-y and remind of "New Leaf" :)

I haven't seen many people go for Korean-based names, so I'll give it a try. (^-^)

Mayor Name: Ara
Meaning - From Korean 알아 "to know". Using hanja it can mean "be beautiful; good" from Sino-Korean 娥 (a) or "elegant, graceful, refined" (雅, a) and "net for catching birds" (羅, ra). A famous bearer is South Korean actress Go Ara (1990-).

Town Name: Haneul
Meaning - (GENDER: Masculine & Feminine). Means "heaven, sky."

Both Ara and Haneul are given names, but I feel like Ara would fit better as the name for a female mayor since it's feminine (also, the link I provided shows that it works as a Japanese name as well!). Haneul can be masculine or feminine, so I think it'd be nice as a neutral Korean name for a town.

Last edited:
I found quite a few you might like, you can have them as either town or mayor name. Most of them sound good for either town name or mayor name.

Chinese:
Fang - Fragrant, virtuous, beautiful
Fen - Fragrance, aroma, perfume, strive and exert
Hai - Sea, Ocean
Kai - Triumph, victory, music of triumph
Lan - Orchid, elegant, mountain mist
Shi - Time, era, season, honest, history
Huashen - Flora
Shebei - Plan
Shumu - Tree, pine, camwood

Korean:
Dae - The great one, shining
Daeshim - Greatest Mind
Eun - Silver
Hoon - Teaching
Hyuk - Radiant
Jun - King, ruler
Kyu - Standard
Mee - Beauty, a beautiful woman
Mishil - A beautiful kingdom, or an admired dynasty
Seok - Like a rock

Japanese:
Akemi - Beautiful dawn
Aika - Love song
Botan - Long life
Ebisu - Japanese God of labour and luck
Kishi - Seashore
Maemi - Smile of truth
Michie - Gateway, drooping flower
Mineko - Child of the peak
Mon - Gateway
Sakae - Prosperity
Suzuki - Bell tree

I'll go for japanese :)
Town Name: Shizuka (meaning - quiet / tranquil / peaceful)
Mayor Name: Hana (meaning - flower)

These all kinda have darker tones! (Japanese)

Possible town names:
Amaya (means 'night rain')
Kasumi ('mist')
Ukiyo ('floating world')

possible mayor names:
Rin (means 'severe, cold')
Leiko ('arrogant')
Miyu ('beautiful' or 'truth')
Suzu ('bell')

Last edited:
Okay, I have decided what 3 are going through to the poll.
The winner for the mayor is Giddy with Aika. I will probably just buy a collectable or give tbt.
Please check if your town name idea is in my new poll. Remember, you will be disqualified if you vote for yourself.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay, I have decided what 3 are going through to the poll.
The winner for the mayor is Giddy with Aika. I will probably just buy a collectable or give tbt.
Please check if your town name idea is in my new poll. Remember, you will be disqualified if you vote for yourself.

If I like your post, you got through! Also, Giddy won the mayor name contest. I'm sending you a collectable now c:

If I like your post, you got through! Also, Giddy won the mayor name contest. I'm sending you a collectable now c:

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like the name! Hope you have a wonderful time making your town wonderful!

Back