• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Can someone please tell me what im doing wrong

mugii

baa
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Jingle Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
So i planted a LOT of bushes/saplings yesterdat, and today some of the bushes (and in some places saplings) wilted. Here are pictures:
https://imgur.com/a/JGZ2V
(I removed a bush in the first picture where the hole is)
What am i doing wrong? how do i fix it? thank u

I cant see the pic because my internet blocks imgur, but if there are over 9 bushes or trees touching in any particular order, only 9 will grow, the others will wilt.
Cedars can only be grown in the upper half of the map and there are also dead spot where nothing will grow; I was able to plant a tree in my dead spot on a high luck day with a golden shovel while wearing a clover. I don't know whether it actually helped or not though. ;)

I agree with Ably.Saucey. I obviously can't see everything that's going on, but you might be trying to plant too many trees/bushes in a row. In the pictures, it looks like you're trying to, at least. It's the only thing I can think of since the wilted ones don't look too close to any structures. How the game calculates 'in a row' is a bit strange. It's meant to prevent you from boxing in animals or other player characters who haven't yet bought an axe.

Leave gaps here and there (every 9) and it should be fine.
I learned the hard way when I first got bushes, I wanted to edge my town but it didn't work. T-T
I plant my "hedge" bushes like this: Bush=#, T=tree, *= flower. #T#*#T#*#T#*
But there are lots of variations that you can use.

Back