A New Year, A New Town! (The 1/1 Challenge on AC:NL)

I would like to to try this too, my rules would be pretty similar to yours. No tt, plus and I wanna try to keep atleast 3 animals that are there from the beginning of the game, for the whole year. I would just transfer a few items from my old town tho, a special gift from a friend and a few more things that’s all. Mostly I really wanna keep a natural town with no tt at all.

Hello! So started the challenge today and called my new town, Cosmos. I played the game for about five hours and really got into it! :) I typed up what I did today on New Leaf in my blog on TBT if you want to check it out :)

Good luck to everyone who is doing this challenge! :)

Started the town of 2018 with Mayor January. Bob's b'day today and it took a lot of scrounging to scroll down to a Chain Gang Tee. 30k bells in pocket and will pay Nook the 39.8 tomorrow after breaking a couple of rocks.

Last edited:
Started the town of 2018 with Mayor January. Bob's b'day today and it took a lot of scrounging to scroll down to a Chain Gang Tee. 30k bells in pocket and will pay Nook the 39.8 tomorrow after breaking a couple of rocks.
It's now 15 Dec '20 and I've never missed a day of playing NL since I read this idea from Mintmaple back then. I've completed the towns of 2018 and 2019 and am up to today in 2020. NEVER TT'd nor missed a day at any time. There are other tight restrictions as well. I will start 2021 on 1 January and I hope to come up with a name for my mayor by then. Note: Each town has its own cartridge and DS. Does this make me a New Leaf fanatic? I also play NH but it doesn't thrill me and I only pick it up every 4 or 5 days.

Last edited:
This sounds like fun! I might try this as I'm not too fond of my current town anymore. I loaned my 3ds to my old roommate because she wanted to try out the game and she loved it! But she pretty much accidentally ruined my town, I had all these pretty paths lined up with bushes and she took all of them out because she wanted to plant more fruit trees o_O

Of course she didn't know that I cared about that so I don't blame her, but opening up the game is just not the same anymore! I might like this fresh start :)

I reset all my animal crossing games a lot. With the exception of NH and that’s only because I have to depend on others to get all the fruits etc

I have like 5 new leaf towns? I’m definitely going to restart one on January 1st.

This could be fun! I won’t restart my main town but I do also have the game digitally and it might be fun to start a new town! Play through New Leaf again would be fun, maybe I’ll try and earn everything myself this time! Pay off debts and get gold tools properly.

Does multiplayer still work for this game?
As far as I know, yes. My husband visited my New Leaf town just last week to get a petition signed. Even though we could just use local connection, we always go online because it's what we're used to.

Great. I'll probably start a new town as well on 1/1. If anyone is resetting, and wants Marshall, let me know. I have his amiibo, so I may be able to get him up for adoption at some point.

I restarted my town yesterday! :) Started pretty late in the evening though so I couldn't do much since the stores and the town hall were closed due to New Year's Day. But I'm excited, it would be fun if we could keep this thread throughout the year to update each other on our towns!

Oh, it was super fun when I restarted in January 1st, 4 years ago. This brings me back. I wish the game didn’t go stale on me so I could restart again and have the same fun now while creating a brand new theme but I guess it had its time for me. I don’t have the same courage to reset, knowing for sure I will get bored before being able to do anything this time. Good luck and wishing lots of fun to all participants

I restarted yesterday. (I also restarted a wild world town)
In my New Leaf town of Maple Bay my native fruit is peaches which is good as my other NL town’s native fruit is Pears.

Today I opened my game to discover Klaus is moving directly next door to me. Apparently the rest of the island wasn’t good enough for him. Tomorrow I go from a tent to a house!

I didnt know about this but since I really didnt care for New Horizons I decided this year would be great to start a new ACNL town.

It was a little sad saying goodbye to my very first town that I started in 2014, but I hadnt touched it since 2016 so I figured I might as well. Had to say goodbye to Pietro, Rudy, and Roscoe.

My town fruit is pears which are pretty underrated, and I like my map except for the lake that peers just slightly in front of the campsite entrance. Oh well. I didn't feel like resetting.

I didnt know about this but since I really didnt care for New Horizons I decided this year would be great to start a new ACNL town.

It was a little sad saying goodbye to my very first town that I started in 2014, but I hadnt touched it since 2016 so I figured I might as well. Had to say goodbye to Pietro, Rudy, and Roscoe.

My town fruit is pears which are pretty underrated, and I like my map except for the lake that peers just slightly in front of the campsite entrance. Oh well. I didn't feel like resetting.
Omg I would be so upset at losing all of them!
I hope you got some nice new starting villagers!

Back