Question about fish and bug badges

Aeikurin

Pink n' black~
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I'm sorry if this seems like a dumb question (or if it's been posted before >.<) but does anyone actually know if catching fish/bugs on the island counts towards the ones you need for the badges?

I'm talking about the ones where it's the amount you catch, not how many are in your encyclopedia. Because I've never been able to get to silver, much less gold ones for those badges. I've only ever gotten silver for the diving... I know you need an insane amount for the gold badges :p

Anyway, thanks for any help! :)

I've read that anything you get to keep counts towards the badges. So fishing in tours won't count, since we couldn't possibly keep the fish, but in the island it will. :)

There are a few tours that do let you take the fish and bugs home. Hide n seek is one tour that lets you fish/bug hunt. I wouldn't use that for bug/fish amounts caught on that tour. You could catch more bug/fish on the island. I just use the hide n seek for catching summer fish when it's winter.

The fastest way to get bug amount caught badge is during the daytime. Place a lot of flowers on the beach and the butterflies appear quickly. It's very easy to catch a 100 in a short period of time. I usually just sell the smaller butterflies to the little girl inside and put the birdwing butterfly in the box. So far I've completed 7 amount caught gold badges for bug/fish.

I use shells or 100 coins to keep track for every 20 bug caught. Place a 100 coin on the ground each time I reach 20.
Find that fishing on the beach in my own town was easier with the silver or gold fishing rod.

Back