• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your dream job/what do you want to be when you're older?

SpookyMemes

barely active
Bells
Blue Hybrid Violet
Blue Hybrid Violet
I love singing, so I want to be a singer. Personally I think I'm good, and two of my friends think so as well, but I'm really shy and I can only sing in a group. I also have a fear of flying on planes so if I ever do become famous, I don't know how I'm going to travel for my concerts lol...

I also want to get into acting, mainly because there are a lot of kids my age getting into the acting scene and getting really famous for it (cough cough Stranger Things cough cough) and I think it would be fun. But due to me being shy, I have no acting experience (except for that one time I was in a cringy play at my day camp when I was like 7 lmao) and you're going to face a lot of rejection and I don't do well with harsh criticism.

But enough about me lol. Sorry if there's already a thread like this, I went 3 pages back and didn't see anything similar to this topic so... here I am! :)

(Hahaha those were what I wanted to be when I wasn’t younger. But never worked out due to financial things and what not.)

Though now, I’m content with just being a stay at home mother c: it suits me better than anything else. Though I do want to be an animator. Not sure if I will pursue it or anything. But mainly I just want to be like the old days where the woman stayed home, cleaned, cooked, and took care of the kids while the man works c: that’s honestly the life I have right now and my husband does NOT want me working which I honestly don’t mind :) He makes good income so we don’t see the problem ^-^

If I had to pick a dream job it would be an artist/animator. Artist as in painting and digital c: though my skills are rusty on the digital part, painting j am good at c:

I hope I can become a front end designer one day! Right now I'm a print coordinator but hey, it's in my field so why not!

Oooh what a cute thread~! I really want to have my own photography business, but I have no idea where to start lol. I am too shy and not confident in my skills to really ask people to model for me and gain a good portfolio, so for now I just have a lot of self-portraits and a retail job lol.

I only recently figured out what im interested in doing during school, and i think i wanna do something within the realms of visual communications. So, like graphic designs or maybe a fashion designer?? im to meddling in the different areas of design. :3

I enjoy graphic design, but I think something more suitable for me is in the humanities region.

I've always wanted to write a novel and become a bestseller. I've already written a bunch of books (long books and short stories alike) on my Wattpad. I'm very proud of the one I'm currently working on: The Polytheism Murders. I'm more of a crime/mystery/drama writer. I'm also proud of the book covers I've made.

I'm currently studying subjects to aid me in becoming a vet! I've wanted to be a vet for a whiiiile. If all else fails, I'd happily go down a media related work path, or a photography one.

Difficult question. To be honest, I don't really know. I've always wanted to do something in the creative field like designing something etc. but I need to have talent to do that.

i’m probably going to be a librarian which sucks bc job growth and all but i’d love to be a doctor, just don’t think i have the grades for it at this point.

the dream is to become a famous writer who has a plethora of books and a major following. i just want people to love my characters as much as i love them. it's been a dream since childhood and still is my dream. i need a job that will actually bring in money as a guarantee though. but uh... still undecided lol.

it might sound childish since im not good or anything at it but i would like to be a singer
i just think it would be lovely to have a fanbase to share my feelings and thoughts with through music and for a lot of people listening to music is a form escapism and it helps them cope and i would love to help.

a more realistic dream would be a translator

the dream is to become a famous writer who has a plethora of books and a major following. i just want people to love my characters as much as i love them. it's been a dream since childhood and still is my dream. i need a job that will actually bring in money as a guarantee though. but uh... still undecided lol.

that's what I wanted to be when I was younger, I have a bunch of notebooks full of stories that I wrote and never finished lol. once I made this story about animals on a farm when I was younger and they revolted against their owner I think (which is hilarious because this year I read a book called Animal Farm and it's similar to what I wrote...) and my mom shared it with everyone on Facebook. I also wrote this story about a dog who went to the dog pound and my mom printed it out and made a cover and everything and she shared it with her boss aowpwjoejwoe

but now I don't write as many stories and I feel like no one really reads physical books anymore??? so I've moved on from that lol

I want to be a dentist because I'm interested in healthcare/medicine and I actually think teeth are interesting! It seems like a pretty rewarding and flexible career too. The student loan debt though........

ive switched between so many career ideas in the past 3 years, but i know that i wanna do something with science
i think right now i either wanna be a vet or a forensic scientist. i have no clue right now lmao

Aww you guys are all so cute. When I was younger I always wanted to be a writer too. Then in high school I decided I wanted to be a teacher but still work on my writing projects during the summers. Now I'm a year and a half away from becoming a doctor! Things really change as you get older. Now just the stress of choosing what kind of doctor I want to be before I graduate!

A blogger, haha... or a photographer :rolleyes:

dream job would be.... doing something creative.
realistically i want to go into psychology. i just... don't have the motivation or creativity that i used to so i don't think a creative career will quite match... plus i want something that'll pay well. idk.

Back