• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

This game is obnoxious to play now

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Cranston pinged me and like a stupidhead, I thought it was to move, instead he wants a catchphrase change, before that it was a perfect fruit, before that it was to ask me to deliver a gift to Chaddar, before THAT it was to ask if he can call me Little R. All those pings were in the last two hours.

Then I log back onto my game and it was MAC for the 3rd time who pinged me to move.

Now can you see how someone's patience and tolerance can be WAY past it's highest limits with this?

Cranston pinged me and like a stupidhead, I thought it was to move, instead he wants a catchphrase change, before that it was a perfect fruit, before that it was to ask me to deliver a gift to Chaddar, before THAT it was to ask if he can call me Little R. All those pings were in the last two hours.

Then I log back onto my game and it was MAC for the 3rd time who pinged me to move.

Now can you see how someone's patience and tolerance can be WAY past it's highest limits with this?

I have watched your posts for some time now and it seems that you've been on a real roller-coaster with ACNL. This is most definitely not a criticism, merely an observation. Bottom line: You are absolutely getting your money's worth out of this game. :)

Oh I didn't take it as criticism. It's true.

This is probably not the best game for someone who is a habitual reset and easily frustrated person to play.

The villager who wants to move out that day won't ping you about anything else. So if someone pings you for fruit/catchphrase/etc, they won't ping you later in the same day about wanting to move - just for future reference so you don't get your hopes up again that an ugly villager might leave when they ping you a bunch of times :p

....Maybe you should take a break from acnl, go watch anime and play something else for a month or so.
Something that won't stress you out so much.
Maybe Harmoknight, Super Little Acorns, or something. The earlier Zelda games are good.

I haven't been super active on these forums lately, but I've even noticed lately that you seem increasingly unhappy with the game. I too suggest you take a break and re-think things. It's not meant to be a stressful game, if anything, the opposite of it.

I just took the game out of my 3DS and literally threw the damn thing into a drawer. I'm over it. Cranston pinging me for a catchphrase change this morning instead of the much wanted move ping when I first logged on my game was the last straw. I have Pokemon, Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons I could be playing. I'm not going to keep putting myself though the annoyance that is Animal Crossings New Leaf. It's not worth my time anymore. I'm seriously considering selling this game. Like people are saying in this thread, I'm increasing unhappy with this game.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear you're so upset. :( I would definitely not play if it bothers you that much.

Yeah, it's ridiculous that I'm getting this mad over a game that no one is forcing me to play. I really need to find something to do. This is just getting sad now.

Sorry that you’re so unhappy with the game, maybe just leave it for a couple of weeks and come back to it. You may feel better :)

It's such a shame to hear that you're feeling that way about the game.

Sometimes I also get really frustrated with it. My first post at this forum was actually a really angry rant about when I asked Julian to move in from my campsite and he placed his house in an absurdly inconvenient spot. I was really pissed about that but eventually I came to terms with him moving out and everything. Still kinda miss him though haha

But hey, if your main problem right now is moving a villager out, have you tried time traveling foward a couple of days? I do it all the time when I need to move someone out and it might take a while but usually works

Sorry that you’re so unhappy with the game, maybe just leave it for a couple of weeks and come back to it. You may feel better :)

I'll do that. This game is just really annoying right now. I might talk a break longer than a few weeks.

It's such a shame to hear that you're feeling that way about the game.

Sometimes I also get really frustrated with it. My first post at this forum was actually a really angry rant about when I asked Julian to move in from my campsite and he placed his house in an absurdly inconvenient spot. I was really pissed about that but eventually I came to terms with him moving out and everything. Still kinda miss him though haha

But hey, if your main problem right now is moving a villager out, have you tried time traveling foward a couple of days? I do it all the time when I need to move someone out and it might take a while but usually works

I tried everything: Time traveling (something I don't like doing but I made an exception), being besties with him, making a new character and talking to everyone but him, and this game is just determined for Cranston to stay put in my camp site area and never leave. And if I can't build my campsite where I want to build it, then I just won't play. Simple as that. I could get Amiibo cards and kick him out but this moment Animal Crossing New Leaf is just not on my good side and Cranston moving out whether naturally or with Amiibo cards isn't going to change that, sadly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I could restart, something I've considered doing for the last couple days, but I think the story will be the same in my new town: a villager in the way and never leaving then it will the same irritating cycle all over again.

If I were you, I wouldn't sell the game. Been there, done that... and eventually I ended up buying a new copy of the game because I wanted to play again. Like others have said, a longer break is probably what you need. :)

This. I sold my game I had since launch last year and ended up buying it again in august. Was a pain to start over.

So many angry threads from you in such a short period of time. Please take a break and do something you enjoy instead. It's not very fun to read so much constant misery and frustration.

I'm sorry this game is bothering you so much. I know what it feels like to be pushed to the edge because of this game (I have a severe anxiety disorder). Like others had said, do not sell your copy. I did that and ended up missing the game so much, I talked my 12-yr-old sister into buying a copy just so I could play as a side character. Now, here I am waiting for my own copy to arrive in the mail.
Just take a breather and try not to focus on your campsite so much. Focus on a different aspect of your town. If worse comes to worse, try brainstorming a different area of town for a potential campsite. As much as we want them to be, an ACNL town will never be perfect because nothing in life is. Just keep that in mind, and turn the game off when the villagers start to get to you.
I hope this helps.

So many angry threads from you in such a short period of time. Please take a break and do something you enjoy instead. It's not very fun to read so much constant misery and frustration.

Uh, the last 'angry' thread I made before this one was on the 17th when I said I was frustrated with this game. Between that thread and this one, I've been making threads asking about the town appraisal and a Pwp project being torn down because of a house. Those weren't angry threads. Those were threads either asking a question or making an observation. So I don't get understand what you mean by 'so many angry threads in a short period of time'. I haven't been very active on here lately as I used to be so I can't be making threads in a short period of time.

Anywho. I know I rant a lot about this game but what can I say. This game annoys me and rantings seems to work because after I rant about something, things start working the way I want, it's like reverse psychology. And I'm sorry these rant threads aren't fun to read but no one is making anyone click on them. But I can try my best to stop making them. Last thing I want, is for people to get annoyed with me on here.

Last edited:
Uh, the last 'angry' thread I made before this one was on the 17th when I said I was frustrated with this game. Between that thread and this one, I've been making threads asking about the town appraisal and a Pwp project being torn down because of a house. Those weren't angry threads. Those were threads either asking a question or making an observation. So I don't get understand what you mean by 'so many angry threads in a short period of time'. I haven't been very active on here lately as I used to be so I can't be making threads in a short period of time.

Anywho. I know I rant a lot about this game but what can I say. This game annoys me and rantings seems to work because after I rant about something, things start working the way I want, it's like reverse psychology. And I'm sorry these rant threads aren't fun to read but no one is making anyone click on them. But I can try my best to stop making them. Last thing I want, is for people to get annoyed with me on here.

lol i kinda like to read your rant threads :p

Back