• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Most underrated video games?

The Prince of Persia series, but more specifically Prince of Persia 2008. The game is awesome,looks fantastic and plays well even in 2018. :) I never understood why people didn't like it upon release, or compared to the previous titles :S

61NkcUSj7aL._SX342_.jpg

Really, I didn't see it much similar to Pok?mon when I tried the demo... but the touch screen catch mechanic was a bit overdosing on touch screen imo.

It takes a bit of time to get used to :)
ALSO- I still have your shiny Ho-oh from last year but it's stuck in Pokemon Bank, if you remember lmao

Don't starve/ together needs a lot more loving than it has. It's a casual game, yet you can get pretty involved in it building your world. Playing single player is most fun when you play the main storyline, in my opinion, because it's intensely hard and you have to really know what you're doing and have a strategy. Don't starve together is great for playing with buddies, whether you want to mess around or play a great game.

FATAL FRAME -cry face emoji- I feel like I'm the only one who is probably in love with that game LOL D;
also Bayonetta & Basara Heroes & Alice madness returns!!!

Last edited:
Rocket League! I thought that it was kind of a stupid idea tbh but I played it at my brother's last week and bought it immediately, I haven't stopped playing it since basically haha it's so much fun!

Mario Kart: Super Circuit is among my most underrated video games I've played so far. As a direct sequel to the Mode 7 racing game Super Mario Kart, it improves on several aspects where the original stumbled. While the unintuitive drifting system and slippery cornering of the SNES installment are still present, the forgiving and dynamic track design, reasonable AI racers and generous item system all render them much less problematic this time around. That is, if you don't bother getting 3 stars rank on all 20 tracks for every speed class, as it's very demanding (if not outright unfair and illogical).

I agree with this. Granted I am a fan of the whole Mario Kart series

Daigasso Band Brothers. It's a music/rhythm game where you can play various instruments to a song. There's varying difficulty levels, but the most fun is in multiplayer mode where each member can play a different instrument as if in a full band. Unfortunately the 3DS version is region locked...

Professor Layton series; every entry has so much heart. Does no one love a good puzzle?

I don't like call of duty games but I adore the zombies mode/storyline in the black ops series. I'm not buying black ops 4 or any other cod game because I could care less about them, but the previous zombies mode has such huge depth and integrated lore. It's full of Easter eggs that have grand and exciting moments that put single player campaigns to shame.

I feel no one has touched it because either no one knows it exists, it's too difficult to get into or it's been tainted by having the name call of duty in it. If you ever want to look up the story there's a stupidly massive and complex timeline available.

It's such a gem and a real shame not many people have experienced it :(

I wish Cave Story and Yume Nikki were more known about. Both of those games are really good.

Shadow Hearts. It’s a PS2 game so naturally the graphics are outdated by now but it’s easily one of the best JRPGs I played and one of my favorite games overall. I feel like it got overshadowed/compared to FF too heavily but it’s definitely a gem.

Klonoa door to phantomille, this game has an amazing soundtrack and it's plot is pretty good (+ The game is just plain fun)

/rubs my hands together.

i have some weird ones okay.
barnyard for gamecube. super fun.
harvest moon: magical melody. also for gamecube.

mogeko castle, wadanohara and the great blue sea, and the gray garden.
all three of those, good. just iffy for people who can't handle mature and disturbing content.

magical starsign, it's suuuuuper cheesy but i loved it when i was little-er. and it has this good robot
Ms-mokka.jpg
also i just learned this today but apparently one of the developer companies also worked on mother 3? i've never played it and it's probably not that big of a shock but i was surprised cuz i assumed they were just some random old company

Viva Pi?ata: Trouble in Paradise. I loved that game, if only Rare still developed games for Nintendo systems and they created a sequel...

Super Monkey Ball. That game was my jam whenever McDonald's still had the N64s/Gamecubes in their locations.

I'd have to say the Drawn to Life games! I really liked the story and pixel art, and drawing my own character was super fun :) Not many people seem to have played/liked them...
Also Fantasy Life because that game is amazing!

Back