• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Most underrated video games?

Mario Kart: Super Circuit is among my most underrated video games I've played so far. As a direct sequel to the Mode 7 racing game Super Mario Kart, it improves on several aspects where the original stumbled. While the unintuitive drifting system and slippery cornering of the SNES installment are still present, the forgiving and dynamic track design, reasonable AI racers and generous item system all render them much less problematic this time around. That is, if you don't bother getting 3 stars rank on all 20 tracks for every speed class, as it's very demanding (if not outright unfair and illogical).

I gotta go with two of Blizzard's earliest games, The Lost Vikings and Rock n' Roll Racing. They were well received back in the day but has since fallen into obscurity. I still love those two games and would've loved to seen them included on the SNES Classic (although Rock n' Roll Racing would've been pretty much impossible due to licensing).

Mario Kart: Super Circuit is among my most underrated video games I've played so far. As a direct sequel to the Mode 7 racing game Super Mario Kart, it improves on several aspects where the original stumbled. While the unintuitive drifting system and slippery cornering of the SNES installment are still present, the forgiving and dynamic track design, reasonable AI racers and generous item system all render them much less problematic this time around. That is, if you don't bother getting 3 stars rank on all 20 tracks for every speed class, as it's very demanding (if not outright unfair and illogical).

Yeah, that one and 64 gets too much trash imo :(.

But yeah I will probably always say Sunset on this one. Such a brilliant adventure/pnc game

The entire Mother/Earthbound series.

It's unfairly underappreciated and needs more publicity because they are some of the best RPG's of all time in my humble opinion.

Bayonetta.

I know I've been unable to not talk about Bayonetta for the past year and a half, but it's so true. It doesn't get nearly as much attention as it deserves.

Bayonetta.

I know I've been unable to not talk about Bayonetta for the past year and a half, but it's so true. It doesn't get nearly as much attention as it deserves.

Agrees, everyone should try it at least once.

I don't think Mother/Earthbound is that underrated though, it has a kinda cult status on it and it's been on VC in recent years, so.

Agrees, everyone should try it at least once.

I don't think Mother/Earthbound is that underrated though, it has a kinda cult status on it and it's been on VC in recent years, so.

Compared to Mario, Pok?mon, Zelda, Sonic, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot and etcetera, it definitely is and I think it should be up there with them. If i asked somebody about the series they would be like "what is that?".

Compared to Mario, Pok?mon, Zelda, Sonic, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot and etcetera, it definitely is and I think it should be up there with them. If i asked somebody about the series they would be like "what is that?".

Eh, well I agree it's a bit nerdy for that part, but def. not underrated :p

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

It's a really fun game and you can replay it a lot of times without it getting boring imo

the legend of zelda: twilight princess. the most underrated zelda game that had the best story and amazing graphics. i am MAD.

i want to second vampire - masquerade bloodlines! it's got this really nice, gritty atmosphere that's creepy af but also not that serious because there are vampires. it's got some really amazing dialogue and neat ideas, and worth multiple playthroughs. graphics aren't the best now, but definitely still worth it! even if you're just watching a playthrough ;)

I'd say The Last Story, it was a very good game when it first came out but it didn't really have alot of attention.

Rune Factory 4 -or any Rune Factory game for that matter
Story of Seasons (any), Tomodachi Life :.....( *relly*
If i see a person with a ds IRL *which is rare*
They have pokemon games I don't have any (yet), or Zelda, Mario Kart, SSBB (I already got this on my Wii & Wii U)

most know 2 or 3 games as Animal Crossing, Terraria, and Nintendogs & Cats out shine the rest (some know harvest moon :p)

If i even talk to people about games it is Minecraft (wii u again) or the sims :-D
......and that's if we are even talking Nintendo

some other ones that's just relly fun
Wii Sports, Wii Motion, Wii Motion+, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Music, Go Vacation,

Oh yea and ZombiU I flipping love that game, that was the whole reason I got a WiiU in the first place :-c no remake >< 'cause of the Wii U
Eat my unused pixels beecause Mario Party 10 is fun and going on the list as well as Mario Party 9

Prison Wars & Prison Tycoon (PC) I loved that game on myspace ><
Bejeweled & Zuma (or Luxor) What in the underworld is with this Candy Crush (insert whatever they just made up two seconds ago)

IOS yes i'm going there toooooooo
Bio Inc this game is CRAZY FUN plus that trailer is bananas
Doodle God, Devil,Farm, Kindom, Tanks,
.........THIS/THESE GAMES ARE FUN
Plague and or Pandemic
o.0 INSANE
Beat the Boss
Kick the Buddy, Buddyman
People don't like this why o.0
Toca Boca City & Town These are just fun stop hateing :p
Goat Similator ....Pst please

Skip-bo & Phase10 always getting the side eye from well every card game *coughs Uno*
(yup went there to)

Suduko :-[ i'm just displeased
(and came back)

and what is with the major hate with the Atari E.T. game I thought that game was fun
(yea I did that)

oh yeaaa

nope pooff I'm done :-D

the legend of zelda: twilight princess. the most underrated zelda game that had the best story and amazing graphics. i am MAD.

Are you genuinely serious or trying to troll?

Do you know how many people get a hard-on for Twilight Princess lmao? It's highly overrated in fact.
If you want an underrated Zelda game then let's talk Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass. Not Twilight Princess lmao. Of all games.

Garfield kart is one of the best kart racing games out there, i personally think its WAY better than mario kart by a landslide. It really needs more attention :lemon:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Are you genuinely serious or trying to troll?

Do you know how many people get a hard-on for Twilight Princess lmao? It's highly overrated in fact.
If you want an underrated Zelda game then let's talk Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass. Not Twilight Princess lmao. Of all games.

Phantom Hourglass is good, but Spirt Tracks is crap. Like, a big bag of crap. I never liked that Zelda.

gotta agree about that twilight princess, that and Oracle of time (mabe wind waker or whatever)

I've never played Zelda Twilight Princess (or Oracle) but i was *am* obsessed with the words
I was naming characters in other games Twilight & Oracle

so all jokes aside one more person in best buy or game stop say OMG ZELDA TWILIGHT PRINCESS OR ORACLE OF TIME><
yo triggered
pokemon

Garfield kart is one of the best kart racing games out there, i personally think its WAY better than mario kart by a landslide. It really needs more attention :lemon:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Phantom Hourglass is good, but Spirt Tracks is crap. Like, a big bag of crap. I never liked that Zelda.

Spirit Tracks was my favorite of the two DS games. Phantom Hourglass was quite similar to WW so it wasn't all that impressive to me, whereas Spirit Tracks was a completely new game that only used the same engine. I was quite impressed with how much work they put into a DS title. The soundtrack is absolutely brilliant too!

It's definitely not crap. I'd rate it higher than Twilight Princess, but that's just my personal opinion.

keio flying squadron
sonic rush
sonic rush adventure
advance wars
rayman 3 (sadly overlooked as everyone praises rayman 2 as the holy grail)
fire emblem 4
plok
live a live
xenogears

Back