• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Most underrated video games?

Style Boutique is pretty underrated
Then again not many people are into that stuff :p it's a nice way to relax tho

Danganronpa 1. How have i not discovered it before? Its honestly one of the best story-telling games I've played. I recommend it to anyone who likes mystery and suspense, dont let its anime-sque disposition fool you.

Rogue Legacy. I will defend this game until I die.

It's one of the best rogue-likes out there, and offers an incredible amount of depth and challenge, along with being a decent platformer. Every time you die, you play as the child of the character you controlled before, each with new abilities such as dyslexia and the ability to see in the dark.

For $15 (or about $5 on sale), there's no excuse not to pick this game up.

Black Desert Online. Most of the people I know haven't heard of it, but it's one of my favorite games now and I don't see myself not playing it any time soon.

Just rename the thread to most underappreciated games at this point since that's what it's being used for.

I feel like Persona Q gets a bit too much hate from both the megaten/etrian odyssey fanbases. It gets mocked a lot for poor characterization and a lot of sloppy gameplay choices, but in my eyes it was never *quite* as bad as people say.

Last edited:
Spirit Tracks was my favorite of the two DS games. Phantom Hourglass was quite similar to WW so it wasn't all that impressive to me, whereas Spirit Tracks was a completely new game that only used the same engine. I was quite impressed with how much work they put into a DS title. The soundtrack is absolutely brilliant too!

It's definitely not crap. I'd rate it higher than Twilight Princess, but that's just my personal opinion.

I don't get the hate the DS Zelda games get. Linebeck is probably my favorite Zelda character of all time, and I often go back to listen to the final song you play with all the sages at the end of the game.

Spirit Tracks was amazing, I loved climbing the tower with Zelda, I loved customizing my train, I loved the transport missions, and the strategy that came with switching tracks while traversing the map.

The Megaman Battle Network series were a pretty good installment to the Megaman franchise, but didn't seem widely popular.

Magician’s Quest(US)/Enchanted Folk(EU)! Hardly anyone seems to have played it, even though it’s a delightful blend of Animal Crossing and Harry Potter. I loved it when I was young, and am still sad that there’s never been a sequel (outside of Japan).

It has a lot of inventive gameplay elements that the Animal Crossing series lacks to this day, like “magic” symbols that you can use to convey messages to the villagers at any time - allowing you to ask them to join you for a walk or go fishing or whatever. You can also date your villagers, which is pretty awkward (but hilarious).

1B642B73-2D02-44DD-8A89-F2658C86B690.jpg

Last edited:
The DOG Island
Still one of my favourite games. Really wish Ubisoft would make a sequel

Spirit Tracks all the way! It was a wonderful game.

Twilight Princess is underrated too usually, but not as much as Spirit Tracks is.

Last edited:
Miitopia (even though I like this one more) and Tomodachi life.

r0R7EVh.jpg
FWAkLz0.jpg

^ these were solid games I s2g hahah I'm still bitter I could never win the final dance contest in one of them (I think it was in Ham-Ham Heartbreak but it's been too long I can't remember). Gotta replay one of these days.

Besides those I'll have to say Amazing Island for the Gamecube.

@ AccfSally IKR those games are so bananas so why is the/one 3dsxl deluxe packageed with a Zelda game :-/ Tomodachi life. was the reason I wanted a 3dsxl in the first place. I was aiming for the 2ds or 3ds but I went mental when I saw that game

@Joy RF4 *Yaaay* sience every harvest moon game that the shine *no hate* this game just falls under the wire

WII- Little King Story this/that is fun so not to much is said about it. This kinda is like a pikimin based game with NATSUME in mind :)

Kid Icarus Uprising, it's one of my all-time favorites.

The Sims 2. Not sure how popular it is, but I never see anything about it. I also really love console Sims games (especially Sims 1 on PS2, Urbz, Sims Bustin' Out, and Sims 2 Pets). They were certainly my childhood.

Last edited:
@ weiland yeeeaaaa whats wit that
TS2 & TS1 are more players and builders. I've seen some epic houses and lots for TS2

Urbs had to be my fav (that monkey lolz) that soundtrack was F R E S H that right we fresh (BEP humor)
I would just load up the game just to hear the music on the radio

Sims Busting Out maaaaan that swing and trampoline was CRAZY but that 9 screen tv was my favorite I used to watch that tv with my sims. But my game had a bug when that tv was on and the mechanic came by he would watch my tv, and I could never turn it off because he was watching it, my bill I git from him was INSANE he would be in my house for days eat my food the game consle that they had is in TS4 they remade the tv for TS3 (you make me want to play busting out)

I know under my own post I know Pixel Builders (or wheaver) get a lot of hype and are compared to SimCity (calm down) and Minecraft takes ALL THE GLORY but what's with Tearraria getting so much shade :-/

and Nintendogs (and Cats) this gmes just blows the rest of those * You can have your own dog and cat out of the water) they shoud start a franchise like Nintendbabys Nintendoplamts or something because those IOS/APK just look and sound like garbage compared to this GOD

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know under my own post I know Pixel Builders (or wheaver) get a lot of hype and are compared to SimCity (calm down) and Minecraft takes ALL THE GLORY but what's with Tearraria getting so much shade :-/

and Nintendogs (and Cats) this gmes just blows the rest of those * You can have your own dog and cat out of the water) they shoud start a franchise like Nintendbabys Nintendoplamts or something because those IOS/APK just look and sound like garbage compared to this GOD

Kid Icarus Uprising, and DEFINITELY Yo Kai Watch.
Yo Kai Watch gets a lot of hate for it being so similar to Pok?mon, but it's seriously special in its own way.

Kid Icarus Uprising, and DEFINITELY Yo Kai Watch.
Yo Kai Watch gets a lot of hate for it being so similar to Pok?mon, but it's seriously special in its own way.

Really, I didn't see it much similar to Pok?mon when I tried the demo... but the touch screen catch mechanic was a bit overdosing on touch screen imo.

Back