• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you download or stream music?

MayorTian

Bells
Blue Candy
Do you prefer owning the digital track and have it stored on your device, or have access to a library of virtually all the songs out there?

Mostly, nowadays I just go on Youtube or Spotify for my music needs. I do still tend to buy physical on music I really like tho.

if im at home i usually just use youtube
i do have a few of my favourite song downloaded onto my phone

Stream. I just learned about a Student Discount with Spotify that discounts 50% of its service every month if you have verification of being enrolled in an eligible school. I'm basically paying less than a $1.40 monthly in my country which is pretty sweet.

I do listen to youtube, and otherwise I download from random music blogs (not using torrents, just direct sites lol).

Otherwise I just buy vinyls that I want, although since my taste is pretty narrow I don't have a lot lol

I have a couple songs on my iTunes on my phone that are my classic favourites. My music taste hasn't changed much for like 3 years, so even if I do update it now it wouldn't be like full new album releases or anything.. (plus I'm cheap so sometimes I just convert single YouTube songs into mp3s lol T_T) I just turn on Spotify at work because it's convenient and I like discovering new/old songs through there too.

I usually torrent, although I also stream too.

I use Spotify, because I like to browse different playlists and I like the ability to create my own freely with basically any song I can think of. I use my boyfriend's Spotify, so we only pay for the one account and it works best this way for us.

both? stream when i'm at home with wifi or at school, download when i need music on the road because coverage is total **** and nothing will stream when not on wifi

I use spotify usually. I do buy CDs and vinyls though for music I really like.

I just stream it. Also downloaded a few gaming OST I own just in case.

I download so that I have the music and can listen to it without wifi/data.

i download and purchase when i can. streaming kills my phone battery and i have pretty niche tastes in music so it's easier to download/buy than to stream.

I mostly stream, I think it's convenient, and all of my old music that I had downloaded over the years in my teens is stuck on my laptop that barely works. It'd be a pain to try to transfer it all to my new computer, so my iPod is filled with old music. XD

Back