• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Style Savvy: Styling Star

Rose

give the goblin some gold
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Coco
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Ruby
Poptart Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Pokéball
Anyone else playing? It comes out today, and I'm downloading it whenever the eShop comes back up! Looks really cute, and I cant believe how many items there are!

ACK I NEED THIS GAME BUT I ALREADY GOT TOO MUCH FOR CHRISTMAS ;;;;;;;

ACK I NEED THIS GAME BUT I ALREADY GOT TOO MUCH FOR CHRISTMAS ;;;;;;;
Haha! Unfortunately, nobody can get their hands on it just yet. The eShop continues to torture me. It's been down all morning! :(

Last edited:
I played the demo and liked it. I plan to download the full version today.

I played the demo and liked it. I plan to download the full version today.
I've been playing it since yesterday evening, and it's adorable! How are you liking it so far?

I've been playing it since yesterday evening, and it's adorable! How are you liking it so far?

I downloaded it yesterday and played last evening. I like it so far. It looks as though you'll be able to do much more styling than in previous games, and the characters look a little less wooden (although hair still doesn't move, which is weird). Loving the clothes and can't wait to open up more booths in the Exhibition Hall. I also want to open up the hair salon.

Undecided if I want to buy it or not. I have both Trendsetters and Fashion Forward. I love the series, but I've got a huge gaming backlog. Don't really need to make it larger.

I'll probably wait for some future eShop sale for it, if there ever is one. I recently-ish (during the Black Friday eShop sale) just got Phoenix Wright Spirit of Justice, which originally came out in 2016, so I'm certainly patient enough to wait.

These games are my weakness. I don't care about fashion in real life but I adore these cute games. I love the humor in them too. I didn't realize it was an eshop exclusive so I actually went out to buy it yesterday only to find out...it's an eshop exclusive lol

These games are my weakness. I don't care about fashion in real life but I adore these cute games. I love the humor in them too. I didn't realize it was an eshop exclusive so I actually went out to buy it yesterday only to find out...it's an eshop exclusive lol

OH WAIT IT'S AN ESHOP EXCLUSIVE?

time to beg for money

Same here! I'm more of a 'hoodies and out the door' kind of person, but I can't deny how cute and fun it is to dress the girls in these games. The Nintendo charm really brings the idea to life.

And the way they bounce around and gesture... I can't resist, it's so cute.

I have fun with the clothes, too. I tend to dress my character in cute styles that I'd never be able to wear IRL. To be honest, most of what I buy in the Exhibition Center is what I want in my wardrobe, rather than what I plan to sell in the boutique.

i played the demo and it looks super cute but i don't know if it's worth 40 dollars...

i played the demo and it looks super cute but i don't know if it's worth 40 dollars...
It begs a lofty pricetag, that's for sure. If you can splurge and treat yourself, though, it's a very nice way to relax.

Hi! I bought it on 27th December and I absolutely love it! These kind of games are also my weakness too! I do wish there was the streetpass feature in this game, like 2 and 3 had...but it is still really cute. I like how each game adapts the art style of the characters just slightly different with improvements made on each one (apart from the original version on the DS, which is very different.)

The one thing I miss in the 2nd and 3rd game on the 3DS is that, Le Spark/Miss Ribbon was removed from those games. I loved the glam style clothes :(

I can't believe I have been playing this series since 2012! That is five years now :)

Hi! I bought it on 27th December and I absolutely love it! These kind of games are also my weakness too! I do wish there was the streetpass feature in this game, like 2 and 3 had...but it is still really cute. I like how each game adapts the art style of the characters just slightly different with improvements made on each one (apart from the original version on the DS, which is very different.)

The one thing I miss in the 2nd and 3rd game on the 3DS is that, Le Spark/Miss Ribbon was removed from those games. I loved the glam style clothes :(

I can't believe I have been playing this series since 2012! That is five years now :)
Wow! This is my first game of the series. It's great to talk to a longtime player, because I'd like your opinion! What other Style Savvy games would you recommend?

I'm so reluctant to beat or max out my file in this game because I'm so addicted, but apparently there are other great games of the series worth checking out too!

Wow! This is my first game of the series. It's great to talk to a longtime player, because I'd like your opinion! What other Style Savvy games would you recommend?

I'm so reluctant to beat or max out my file in this game because I'm so addicted, but apparently there are other great games of the series worth checking out too!

Hi and of course! :) I recommend the 2nd game in the series, which is Style Savvy: Trendsetters. It is the first game in the Style Savvy series released on the 3DS and I remember playing the fashion show demo and the shopping experience demo of it back in 2012! I was already addicted to the demos and I ended getting the full game after and played it ever since!

Style Savvy: Fashion Forward is the 3rd game in the series and it is the second game in the series released onto the 3DS. I really liked this game too because it has new features and differences from Trendsetters. I think there is also a demo for this game, but I am not sure as I kind of dived in and bought this game in January 2016. Despite its new features, I never actually put as many hours into Fashion Forward, maybe it is because I don't have as much free time anymore? It is still a brilliant game though...I RECOMMEND THEM ALL haha! :) Fashion Forward has a really nice art style which is clearer to see on-screen in my opinion and taking photos on your own and with other characters is amazing on this game.

I hoped this helped a bit! :) Happy New Year! :)

I have Trendsetters and Fashion Forward, both of which are fun. I think Styling Star is a bit more fluid (in terms of how the characters move), but I thought Fashion Forward has more story (at least, so far). If you like this one, it's a pretty good bet you'll like the others.

I haven't played the first in the series (for the DS), so I can't say how that one compares.

I have all the demos, and this one looks the best. Some of the clothing items are ridiculous, but I enjoy it. But to buy the actual game? Eh :/ , I am very, very cheap.

Back in middle school I REALLY wanted the New Style Boutique but never got my beloved 3DS at this time. While playing the demo of the 2nd I fell in love with Sophie (or Lulu/Momo thx multiple translations..) yet still never bought it. I'm still considering to get into the serie thought!

I have a question how long does it take to 100% complete it with everything unlocked and done?

Back