What video games series are you hoping will be available on the Switch?

I might be the only one but I'd love a new Donkey Kong Country and Luigi's Mansion 3, also I don't mind another New Super mario game/ 2D sidescroller Mario game

Animal Crossing is the first one that comes to mind but I expect it to arrive soon enough on the Switch so I'll say F-Zero. That's a series that has been dormant for waaay too long.

Dear Nintendo, please give us Animal Crossing Switch already, thanks. Apart from that, I can't wait for the already confirmed Pok?mon.

Also, it might be a long shot, but I'd really love to see Okami and a remake of Okamiden on the Switch, because I think the Joyon's motion controls would work really well with the Celestial Brush AND the DS's resolution didn't do Okamiden any justice.

Also also: Monster Hunter. Fire Emblem. Rune Factory (I know the development studio is dead, but a guy can still dream). Maybe a Portal port? Fallout would be cool, too. Persona. Catherine. Devil Survivor. Digital Devil Saga. Just pump everything Atlus straight into my veins.

Also also also: I hope the Switch replaces the Vita as the go-to handheld for weird visual novels. So I hope to see stuff like Hakuoki and Danganronpa on the Switch, too :)

... You know what? Just put everything on the Switch.

Last edited:
There's no point in hoping that Pokemon will be on the Switch since the next installments in the main series have already been announced. They will be on the Switch barring any unforeseen world events. :p

As for what I'm personally hoping will make it to the Switch? Honestly, not a whole lot since I've grown less interested in most video games over the past few years and don't follow many franchises. Also not very excited at all over that $60 price point after being spoiled for years by the cheap price of 3DS games.

I'm potentially interested in whatever main series Fire Emblem game(s) might come to the Switch if it's more serious and with a competently constructed plot (Echoes, older games) and less cobbled together and full of shipping and fanservice (Awakening and Fates), otherwise I'll likely pass it up. Tangentially related, I'm hoping for GameCube games on the Virtual Console. Among the games I hope would be available would be Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance since the price is ridiculous for a legitimate copy these days and I want it to be more accessible so more people can play it. It would be nice if they bundled it with Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn since Radiant Dawn is its direct sequel kind of like how they sold the Metroid Prime Trilogy bundle on the Wii U.

I'm looking forward to the next installment in the Animal Crossing series if there is one, which there probably should be. Saw someone suggest that it might be far off if it happens at all since the Welcome Amiibo update breathed new life into New Leaf, so we'll see what happens on that front.

There aren't going to be any new Mother/EarthBound games released, but I'd like to see Mother 3 officially released outside of Japan on the Switch. Only if they don't butcher it in the translation process though, since there are some things that some people might not find appropriate. I'd be disappointed if much of anything was changed to make it more palatable for worldwide consumption.

I might like to see a new Luigi's Mansion game, but I kind of gave up on Dark Moon because I wasn't all that interested, so maybe not.

Maybe some Mario sports games? I've been feeling the urge to play a Mario Tennis game recently but I heard the Wii U game, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, isn't that great compared to previous installments in the series.

That's all that I can come up with at the moment. There are probably third party series that I'd be interested in but I've been strictly Nintendo for the past few years and haven't really paid a ton of attention, so nothing else readily comes to mind.

Devil Survivor.
Yes, please.

I'd love a new main series Fire Emblem game. No use hoping for a new Pokemon game as it's already confirmed to be in development, but I do hope it's a good game. Also Animal Crossing Switch would make me get lost all over again in the magic that is the AC universe. Oh! Also Kirby as I never really got into the games but really enjoyed the ones I did play. Maybe even Fantasy Life, as Xenoblade 2 really reminds me of Fantasy Life. I'd also adore it if they brought a Grand Theft Auto game to the Switch (hopefully San Andreas, 4, or 5). Hoping for GTA isn't too much of a stretch, I suppose, as we already got games like Skyrim and DOOM.

Unannounced games I want:
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Advance/Switch Wars
Animal Crossing
Golden Sun

Announced games I want:
Fire Emblem
Story of Seasons
Dragon Quest XI
Valkyria Chronicles 4

I might be the only one but I'd love a new Donkey Kong Country and Luigi's Mansion 3, also I don't mind another New Super mario game/ 2D sidescroller Mario game

Don't worry I want them too! But id like LM to play like LM 1 not LM 2

More importantly I'd like donkey Kong country 3 BLIZZARD BURN ( not tropical Freeze )

Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and Mario Kart 9. (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is just an appetizer)

animal crossing, for one, obviously
super smash bros. or at least a port of the latest one
i hear rumors that ace attorney is getting a switch game (???) so i guess i'll look forward to that
also, cuphead. i haven't played but i want to, and i feel like i'd rather play it on a console than my computer.

Katamari is a series that would be perfect for the Switch yet it hasn't been on a single Nintendo console ever for whatever reason.
Other than that, Bravely Third would be nice but Octopath Traveler is already coming out which is close enough to it. But maybe in a few years we could get BT.

other than animal crossing, i'd say paper mario. i hope that if nintendo does make another paper mario game that it is similar to ttyd & pm64 rather than the more recent ones.

Pok?mon, Animal Crossing, Rune Factory and Kingdom Hearts. Some game from the Tales Of franchise would also be very cool. Monster Hunter would also be perfect on this console.

Anyway, I would buy a Switch just because of Animal Crossing / Pok?mon, and I intend to buy a lot because of the Breath Of The Wild.

A Pokemon game is already in development. Now cease with the Pokemon requests.

I'd like to see Final Fantasy on the Switch. It's been ages since a decent Final Fantasy game was on Nintendo consoles.

Back