Can the 10th villager only be a camper?

MayorTian

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Blue Candy
So once you have 9 villagers, is it not possible to get a random move-in unless you invite someone from your campsite? Can you also invite someone from another town to be your 10th villager?

I think you can get a street pass or voided villager ( a moved away villager from someone else's town, just by visiting or them visiting) and you can invite someone in another town to be your villager IF: 1.they are in boxes, 2. you haven't had them in at least 16 villagers. and 3. you have less than 10 in your town.
Pretty avatar, btw.

Last edited:
I've had several 10th villagers via streetpass - ie they have come in via a stranger's town. Been lucky and got Whitney that way - she sings me her old town tune sometimes, told me she came from Sam town, found the players house in my HHA plaza.

That 10th empty space can be a problem - as the game tries to fill it - either from streetpass or from the void of a town you visit or are visited by.
So some players don't trade/visit and disable streetpass to prevent it happening - cos you have no control over who that 10th villager is.

You can invite a villager into that 10th spot - from your campsite (in town or via their RV) or via another town. (if they are in boxes in that other town).
So you could use an amiibo card or a compatible figurine (like some of the Zelda BoTW ones).
So I'm basically saying the same as Ably.Saucey

I've had several 10th villagers via streetpass - ie they have come in via a stranger's town. Been lucky and got Whitney that way - she sings me her old town tune sometimes, told me she came from Sam town, found the players house in my HHA plaza.

That 10th empty space can be a problem - as the game tries to fill it - either from streetpass or from the void of a town you visit or are visited by.
So some players don't trade/visit and disable streetpass to prevent it happening - cos you have no control over who that 10th villager is.

You can invite a villager into that 10th spot - from your campsite (in town or via their RV) or via another town. (if they are in boxes in that other town).
So you could use an amiibo card or a compatible figurine (like some of the Zelda BoTW ones).
So I'm basically saying the same as Ably.Saucey

Ah, thanks, so you can scan your amiibo card to fill in that 10th villager plot?

Back