Pokémon My quest for a glorious ribbon/ competitive team.

Sgt.Groove

Annona, Rollinia, Asimina, Duguetia. Look em' up!
Party Animals 🥳
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Perfect Pear
Perfect Peach
Perfect Orange
Perfect Cherry
Perfect Apple
Durian
Lemon
Persimmon
Mango
Lychee
So I finally got my hands on a full e reader card set, and that means I can grow nutpea berries, the ultimate berry for pokeblock making, since it can be used (with 3 other berries) to max out all 5 of a pokemons competition stats. So now I must begin my quest, the quest to create a team of my favorite mons from gen 1 - 3 and get every single available ribbon (except for the one from XD) on the whole team while also making them all viable for competitive (at least in the 2 main stats)

Heres the team im building

Meganium
Milotic
Houndoom (I already bred a 2iv perfect one with flash fire, ended up female so I guess the whole team will be female now ?ω?)
Delcatty
Absol
Umbreon

Oviously HA didn't exist in gen 3 so those are out of the question, but I already know the natures I want on the mons (except meganium...)

The problem with this is that Umbreon and Meganium are not good for competitions at all, which means the max contest stats are required and egg moves are most definitely needed.

I can upload screenshots in hi quality by dumping my saves onto a flashcard and screenshoting them, so if anybody want's to see ecard berries and what the plants are like just say (though I won't be able to upload photos for quite some time, since I just now began growing 4 different berries, which are Pumkin, Nutpea, Topo, and Drash).

?ω? Thoughs, Opinions? Am I a madman? (probably)

The thing that really inspired me to do this was my old shiny houndoom which was lost in time, but it had all the Hoenn and Sinnoh Beauty ribbons, which I remember looking absolutely amazing.

Why don't you grab the ribbons from Colosseum and XD as well while you're at it? Most of the Pok?mon you listed (not sure about Milotic, but everything else) are available as shadow Pok?mon in these games, so you could start off with those. You can reset for the nature and gender you want in these games, then super train for EVs once you transferred them to X/Y and then use bottle caps to adjust their IVs in S/M/US/UM.

That way, you can get ALL available ribbons from every generation (except for the ones that need the B/W/B2/W2 Global Link - since it shut down, obviously) AND competitively viable Pok?mon. I actually did the same thing a few months ago with a few of my favourites (Houndour and Murkrow, amongst others), using this guide: Oswald's Ribbon Guide

Last edited:
Back