• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Holidays - Do you bother with 'em?

Do you participate in the holidays?

• Total voters
I really love participating in the holidays and events so I try to. It just so happens that I'm usually busy on the day of so I've only been able to participate in a couple so far. Kinda frustrating actually. I think the only ones I've actually done are the Pave festival and the fishing/bug tourneys, and that's after 2 years with the game. I'm determined to do the upcoming toy day!

I participate in most of them, but unfortunately my game is kind of behind on the date. I think I'm stuck somewhere in early November. I'm waiting for one of my villagers to ping me to move (so I can say no) and then time travel to the correct date. I worked too hard to get all the villagers in their right places to have to start all over again.

I used to participate in all of them when I first got into the game. Then there was a period of time (around the time I got more involved with finding new villagers here) where I was too distracted to do any of them. By the time I can finally settle down, I had to take a break since I was so invested in time traveling, etc. I'm now in a new town era where I'm being more involved with my town as naturally as possible, because I miss that. It was the whole point of me wanting my favorite villagers to begin with lol. So now I'm getting involved with Thanksgiving, Toy Days etc. If I happen to boot up with a fish/bug competition going on, maybe if I'm in the mood lol

Last edited:
Playing since release and still do all the events. My game is one day ahead and 5 hours behind.
I'm able to enjoy the holidays with the villagers and than celebrate with the family.
For the fish/bug ones I start at 5pm and play till the ceremony is over. It's a good time to sell items from my locker and get rumor talk from the villagers inside.

If I really want to do them I fast forward to that day. Ptherwise, I never can do the holidays/events because irl way too busy. All I really have time for is Saharah.

I mostly just participate depending if I feel like doing the tasks of the particular holiday at the time it takes place, do the fish tourneys sometimes but hardly ever do the bug tournaments besides that one time when I needed the snail clock, pick up all the items from the holidays that only give a event item, some Isabelle dialogue, and a plaza standee, because hey, free items. As for the major holidays, it's usually holdiady specific for me when it come to doing it or not. I never do Toy Day because it takes way too much prep for me to remember and pick items correctly, which I'd probably lose hope in a day after I started it, I usually don't do Easter because the items aren't really that good (in my opinion, and I catalogued all them ages ago anyways) and it's slightly annoying for me in general. Always do festival, favorite holiday to celebrate in-game and gives some of the best items from holidays (in my opinion,again). Usually skip out on thanksgiving because it's time consuming and requires too much fishing for my casual attempts at the holiday, sometimes do Halloween if I feel like it, and always do April Fool's day because hey, free villager pics that I can either display, sell, keep as sentimental value, or store somewhere, all very worthwhile causes for me to go through the simple question-answering dialogue and get the picture from the villagers I want/need. Overall, holidays are kinda mixed on participation for me, but I'm glad they took the time to add them in in the first place

I've given NL a break. I used to participate in every holiday, but now, not so much. I mean, sometimes I'll participate in the Bug-Offs and Fishing Tourney.

Wow! Very interesting how the poll is completely split. I don't really partake, though. Perhaps it's silly to think this way, but when you can get every holiday-themed set of furniture at the drop of a hat through this forum, it seems a bit of a waste of time to me.

That may be because I've already played through them so many times, though! I've gotten my fill, personally. I'm sure if I was new to the series I'd play through the holiday events.

This Toy Day will be my first time experiencing a holiday on AC, but just my luck I started playing and reset my town a week ago. So I only had a week to prepare for Toy Day, but with the help of this forum and facebook groups. I'm prepared and got my Santa suit ready for tomorrow!!! :D

Back