Orange Bunny Balloon
Orange Bunny Balloon
Orange Bunny Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Green Balloon
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
What are my options here if I'd prefer not to receive items obtained through homebrew, save editing, and such things?

Elsewhere there was a dude that said he could easily "insert a flag" that would make it so you couldn't use or set the item down, or possibly corrupt the file.

I've had to re-download and restart my town twice already due to getting the wrong brand of sd card. Apparently they have different write speeds.

Hello there!

Hm, if you mean receiving items that have been hacked through trading on the forums here, I can say it might be difficult. I find that if a shop has constant stock and can always have incredible amounts available at all times... to me that indicates they might be hacking? I ran a shop without hacking (meaning I had to TT and order things as people wanted them, while keeping up with my stock at all times) and it's very hard to accomplish if you get a lot of orders! But I'm sure there are others who do this, I'm just not sure which people do or don't. Honestly, you might can just ask the seller? I've traded loads on this forum and have never had an issue of an item corrupting my save data, even things I suspected were actually hacked.

If you want to trade here, I really feel you wouldn't have any issues.

As for the SD cards, I just bought one an hour ago and it worked beautifully for me. It was a microSD 32g card by SanDisk. But it sounds like you got your SD cards, sorry to hear it was such a hassle. :c

Last edited:
Hello there!

Hm, if you mean receiving items that have been hacked through trading on the forums here, I can say it might be difficult. I find that if a shop has constant stock and can always have incredible amounts available at all times... to me that indicates they might be hacking? I ran a shop without hacking (meaning I had to TT and order things as people wanted them, while keeping up with my stock at all times) and it's very hard to accomplish if you get a lot of orders! But I'm sure there are others who do this, I'm just not sure which people do or don't. Honestly, you might can just ask the seller? I've traded loads on this forum and have never had an issue of an item corrupting my save data, even things I suspected were actually hacked.

If you want to trade here, I really feel you wouldn't have any issues.

As for the SD cards, I just bought one an hour ago and it worked beautifully for me. It was a microSD 32g card by SanDisk. But it sounds like you got your SD cards, sorry to hear it was such a hassle. :c
One person I talk to through Nintendo customer support officially recommended the SanDisk Extreme Pro, pretty sure in that size of mircoSD. Or an 8gig Toshiba, but no point in going smaller. I was using a Patriot brand micro sd both times it decided to quit working. The New XL was under warranty, both times due to getting a new warranty after the fix.

unsure what this "flag" is, but i am sure that any droppable item in the game that's hacked and can be obtained legitimately wouldn't corrupt your save or break your town. unless you're really unlucky. idk.

maybe he was trying to scare you? i'm sure there isn't hackers like THAT here. 90% of people on this forum don't even hack their game so i doubt trades you do here won't result in a corrupted town.

and if it did, i expect the user to get banned right away.

plus, items you can easily tell are hacked (infinite fruit basket, etc) are completely forbidden from this forum. ordinary items that could potentially be hacked but also legitimately obtained? there isn't really control over that being traded, but i wouldn't worry about them destroying your game.

i'm one of the experienced 3ds hackers here and i know this wouldn't happen to you. someone would have to go much, much farther into hacks to be able to create something like this, and i'm already quite deep and can claim this impossible, so no need to worry.

unsure what this "flag" is, but i am sure that any droppable item in the game that's hacked and can be obtained legitimately wouldn't corrupt your save or break your town. unless you're really unlucky. idk.

maybe he was trying to scare you? i'm sure there isn't hackers like THAT here. 90% of people on this forum don't even hack their game so i doubt trades you do here won't result in a corrupted town.

and if it did, i expect the user to get banned right away.

plus, items you can easily tell are hacked (infinite fruit basket, etc) are completely forbidden from this forum. ordinary items that could potentially be hacked but also legitimately obtained? there isn't really control over that being traded, but i wouldn't worry about them destroying your game.

i'm one of the experienced 3ds hackers here and i know this wouldn't happen to you. someone would have to go much, much farther into hacks to be able to create something like this, and i'm already quite deep and can claim this impossible, so no need to worry.
The dude was doing multiple giveaways, and some funny guys kept asking for 100 maid outfits. The inserting flags comment was a response to that. It might have been with program called leaftools.

Yes, before the current homebrew was a thing. Is that what you use?

nope. and leaftools is an old save editor; there's no way someone could put some hacking or whatever into items and make them corrupt your town with a save editor.

i'd say to just not worry about it. this kind of hacking doesn't happen here. maybe it does where you were but i've never heard of or seen this here.

-if a hacker gives someone a scavenger-hunt list. it will never remove from your inventory
-if you get hacked flowers from someone, they will only breed white flowers
-infinite fruit baskets can be easily restored to a single fruit if you put fruit back into the basket.

the only dangerous one in this list is the scavenger-hunt list one, which there i only know two fixes to:
-the player has to hack the game and remove it from their inventory that way
-if the player can't hack, then another hacker will need to place a PWP building (cafe etc) that is in their town already on their personal island, bring the affected player to that island, let them go inside the building hacked onto the island and get out of it. once done the player will end up back in the town, and all items that were in their pockets will be erased, since Kapp'n was "holding onto" their stuff and never gave it back.

nothing about flagged items i can think of. this reminds me of seeding, but the only seeding in this game is hackers on Club Tortimer and doesn't happen often.

look in the spoiler and see if it answers anything? idk, all i really know of

Last edited:
nope. and leaftools is an old save editor; there's no way someone could put some hacking or whatever into items and make them corrupt your town with a save editor.

i'd say to just not worry about it. this kind of hacking doesn't happen here. maybe it does where you were but i've never heard of or seen this here.

-if a hacker gives someone a scavenger-hunt list. it will never remove from your inventory
-if you get hacked flowers from someone, they will only breed white flowers
-infinite fruit baskets can be easily restored to a single fruit if you put fruit back into the basket.

the only dangerous one in this list is the scavenger-hunt list one, which there i only know two fixes to:
-the player has to hack the game and remove it from their inventory that way
-if the player can't hack, then another hacker will need to place a PWP building (cafe etc) that is in their town already on their personal island, bring the affected player to that island, let them go inside the building hacked onto the island and get out of it. once done the player will end up back in the town, and all items that were in their pockets will be erased, since Kapp'n was "holding onto" their stuff and never gave it back.

nothing about flagged items i can think of. this reminds me of seeding, but the only seeding in this game is hackers on Club Tortimer and doesn't happen often.

look in the spoiler and see if it answers anything? idk, all i really know of
I do keep seeing hackers on Club Tortimer pull perfect fruit trees out of their pockets. Also, someone was on the island recently complaining about a visitor placing rocks everywhere, so she had to restart her game. Is that a thing?

I do keep seeing hackers on Club Tortimer pull perfect fruit trees out of their pockets. Also, someone was on the island recently complaining about a visitor placing rocks everywhere, so she had to restart her game. Is that a thing?

if you're trading with someone and they're a hacker trying to attack your town, you could just error.
maybe that hacker secretly trashed their town and the host saved without knowing. in that case, yeah they would have to restart...

but yeah i think it can actually be done in towns....shucks. you wouldn't be able to allow this to happen in trades as said above, though, and 99% of people here wouldn't go and hack someone's town. Basically, nobody would, since they would face serious consequences. Not something to worry about.

if you're trading with someone and they're a hacker trying to attack your town, you could just error.
maybe that hacker secretly trashed their town and the host saved without knowing. in that case, yeah they would have to restart...

but yeah i think it can actually be done in towns....shucks. you wouldn't be able to allow this to happen in trades as said above, though, and 99% of people here wouldn't go and hack someone's town. Basically, nobody would, since they would face serious consequences. Not something to worry about.
Is it seriously possible to destroy someone Else's town by homebrew hacking? Because i know with my hacking engine ( is it still wrong if I spoiler it? )
As far as I'm concerned my only known hacking engine it's just a seed edited etc

The new 3ds XL doesn't have a wifi switch. I might have to unplug the modem then.

I don't wifi much with other players. If I did I would accept normal items from a giveaway/other trade - if its an item that can be got by legit means - knowing that they may well have been duplicated.
That just duplicates the code and there should be no issues. Its possibly the only way to get some of the rarer unoderables now.

I would not accept any item that the game does not normally give you - like the scavenger list or sold out sign. That includes infinite fruit baskets, albeit they do no harm to your game, my choice.

I'd be very careful at what I picked up in a giveaway town, as there has been issues, even with normal items (I'm remembering a post on reddit where a lovely furniture item got from a giveaway became invisible when placed in the house) - that happening I hope is very rare.
I would have thought trade on here is fairly safe, as said, ask the person doing the giveaway.

The only issue I've read about with duplicated (or hacked by other means) flowers is that hybrids do not produce more hybrids only the parent flowers.
So if I was after say blue roses I would try & find a seller who had bred them their selves - I can think of two players on this board who might offer two if asked nicely.

The new 3ds XL doesn't have a wifi switch. I might have to unplug the modem then.

you just press the power button for the new 3ds. and if an item you got from another player ends up glitched or invisible or whatever, you could just quit the game without saving. the game shouldn't keep any changes.

I don't wifi much with other players. If I did I would accept normal items from a giveaway/other trade - if its an item that can be got by legit means - knowing that they may well have been duplicated.
That just duplicates the code and there should be no issues. Its possibly the only way to get some of the rarer unoderables now.

I would not accept any item that the game does not normally give you - like the scavenger list or sold out sign. That includes infinite fruit baskets, albeit they do no harm to your game, my choice.

I'd be very careful at what I picked up in a giveaway town, as there has been issues, even with normal items (I'm remembering a post on reddit where a lovely furniture item got from a giveaway became invisible when placed in the house) - that happening I hope is very rare.
I would have thought trade on here is fairly safe, as said, ask the person doing the giveaway.

The only issue I've read about with duplicated (or hacked by other means) flowers is that hybrids do not produce more hybrids only the parent flowers.
So if I was after say blue roses I would try & find a seller who had bred them their selves - I can think of two players on this board who might offer two if asked nicely.

thank you for this!

Is it seriously possible to destroy someone Else's town by homebrew hacking? Because i know with my hacking engine ( is it still wrong if I spoiler it? )
As far as I'm concerned my only known hacking engine it's just a seed edited etc

tries not to facepalm no, it's something more advanced. i even have it myself, but i have never, ever used it to hurt or damage someone else's game...but some people take it for granted and do so.

Back