Do you think they'll make an Animal Crossing game for the Switch?

Yes, and it should be announced this year at e3 or earlier. Enough of the crappy spin-offs that no one likes. I expect a Spring 2019 release at the latest.
I like them all... And amiibo fest is fun with friends bc it's like how a physical board game is fun with peeps

It'd be a horrific miss step if they didn't do it.. but least I still have splatoon2 botw and smo. .

Man I really hope they make an Animal crossing game for the switch!
I got the neon red and blue joycon one as a late chrispy present and I hate to say it but I was kinda disappointed at the library of games, seems like a whole ton of indie games which don't seem super interesting to me and ALSO some games that Ive had burning on my wishlist on steam that I never got around to buying.

At least the console looks cool lmao

Look at the picture on the rumor article: https://mypotatogames.com/rumor-huge-february-nintendo-direct-may-coming/

nintendo.jpg

if you meant to imply that that is an actual screencap of animal crossing for switch, it's definitely not. it's concept art from a video created by an animal crossing enthusiast on youtube! the whole video is really interesting and presents some really cool ideas for animal crossing on switch.

wow really? they did a really good job

We can pray...
Although I do play and enjoy Pocket Camp, they seem to be pay a lot of attention to it. I mean, that makes sense considering it's the latest Animal Crossing buuuut I think we can all agree that a mobile game is nothing in comparison to the other Animal Crossings. Hopefully they are multitasking and working on a game for the Switch! And hoooopefully we don't end up with like...an Amiibo Festival 2. :(

Ya... I'm still obsessed with ACNL so it's not like I don't have anything to do...

but I want to use my Switch more! I barely play on it bc ACNL is my favorite and it's not on the Switch

- - - Post Merge - - -

We can pray...
Although I do play and enjoy Pocket Camp, they seem to be pay a lot of attention to it. I mean, that makes sense considering it's the latest Animal Crossing buuuut I think we can all agree that a mobile game is nothing in comparison to the other Animal Crossings. Hopefully they are multitasking and working on a game for the Switch! And hoooopefully we don't end up with like...an Amiibo Festival 2. :(

Pocket Camp got really boring for me after a week... I'm looking forward to AC on Switch. It wouldn't make any sense for Nintendo not to release one at SOME point.

The fan made video doesn’t mean anything, it’s sorta a clickbait move to get fans attached to the rumor. And plus, it’s not official until you see rumors appearing everywhere on video game news sites. We’ll have to wait until E3, it’s our only hope. And Pocket Camp haas only been out for a few months, so don’t expect any AC Switch right now until June. I know it’s unfair, but it’s something we have to deal with.

I keep reading the new game is linked to that mobile pocket rubbish.

If that's the case, I will never buy a Switch.

I want a NL style game.
I have no interest in the mobile game, or forced internet play.

I'd rather no AC for the Switch than a pocket camp connected/spin-off.

I keep reading the new game is linked to that mobile pocket rubbish.

If that's the case, I will never buy a Switch.

I want a NL style game.
I have no interest in the mobile game, or forced internet play.

I'd rather no AC for the Switch than a pocket camp connected/spin-off.

dont worry, the games themselves arnt gonna be super connected, from what it sounded like if you have pocket camp you can get some items from it in the next game, nothing more than that from the way it sounds
as for the internet it most likely only will be needed for multiplayer

wow really? they did a really good job
Yeah, they're very talented!

The fan made video doesn’t mean anything, it’s sorta a clickbait move to get fans attached to the rumor. And plus, it’s not official until you see rumors appearing everywhere on video game news sites. We’ll have to wait until E3, it’s our only hope. And Pocket Camp haas only been out for a few months, so don’t expect any AC Switch right now until June. I know it’s unfair, but it’s something we have to deal with.
Although that video has absolutely no relation to AC for switch actually releasing, I have to disagree with the notion that it's clickbait. It's actually a really well made video with solid suggestions for the series and beautiful, detailed concept art! With a title like "Make Believe", it's definitely not trying to fool anyone into thinking that it's referring to a real AC Switch release.

Last edited:
Yes, but I think the reception will be very split. I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait another year, as well, maybe with the release of an updated Switch.

I don't think there's much they can do to improve style-wise. I'd love graphics along the lines MK8's Animal Crossing stage, but even that feels a little unrealistic to ask for in the scope of an entire game. A consistent trend for AC is elongating and detailing the human character models per release to the main title, but how much more can they while maintaining the nostalgic quality everyone has come to expect?

If they neglect updating this aspect, people will be furious with accusations of a near-port.

New Leaf was such an amazing improvement from City Folk that I think this release is doomed to disappoint many fans, especially with the brand new audience NL's success managed to acquire. All of us want such specific changes.

dont worry, the games themselves arnt gonna be super connected, from what it sounded like if you have pocket camp you can get some items from it in the next game, nothing more than that from the way it sounds
as for the internet it most likely only will be needed for multiplayer

If it's going to be compatible with anything, it should be NL. Though the Switch isn't backwards compatible. Is it?

If it's going to be compatible with anything, it should be NL. Though the Switch isn't backwards compatible. Is it?

Maybe to convert your character like WW -> CF, but I wouldn't expect much besides that.

Yes, but I think the reception will be very split. I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait another year, as well, maybe with the release of an updated Switch.

I don't think there's much they can do to improve style-wise. I'd love graphics along the lines MK8's Animal Crossing stage, but even that feels a little unrealistic to ask for in the scope of an entire game. A consistent trend for AC is elongating and detailing the human character models per release to the main title, but how much more can they while maintaining the nostalgic quality everyone has come to expect?

If they neglect updating this aspect, people will be furious with accusations of a near-port.

New Leaf was such an amazing improvement from City Folk that I think this release is doomed to disappoint many fans, especially with the brand new audience NL's success managed to acquire. All of us want such specific changes.

Yes, I agree with this. I'm really interested to see what they try to do to shake off the "it's just a port" comments. I'm not sure about the character proportions, though. If they made them much different they would have to remake all the clothes again, and they already made them in HD for pocket camp. I'm basically expecting a mildly more detailed pocket camp graphics wise.

Last edited:
I really and truly hope so. There is so much demand for a new Animal Crossing game that Nintendo would be stupid not to create an animal Crossing game for the Switch. Seriously, there needs to be a main series game. I hope it’s not another spin-off like Happy Home Designer or Amiibo Festival.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf was an amazing game. So many things were improved and it had that relaxing aspect of the game that I love. Hopefully the release for the Switch will be similar to New Leaf. I cannot think of much that could improve from Animal Crossing: New Leaf!

Although I loved playing with those little basketballs and soccer balls back in the Gamecube version. Come on, Nintendo, I want my balls back.

Last edited:
I recently bought a switch, just before E3, partly because I was CONVINCED there would be an animal crossing announcement :mad:
Still love the console though, but disappointed there was no AC!!

I'm honestly waiting to buy a Switch for the simple fact that without a main AC title, I don't want it bad enough to justify the price.

I'll wait either until the price drops or something (AC) comes out the excites me enough to make me want to buy it. But right now I'm not shelling out the cash for a whole new console just so I can sit around playing my 3ds.

Back