• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you think they'll make an Animal Crossing game for the Switch?

most likely yes, and hopefully they do release it sometime in 2018 and not just starting to make it

most likely yes, and hopefully they do release it sometime in 2018 and not just starting to make it

Hopefully it's Amiibo card compatible too. If this new game turns out to be amazing, will you guys still be playing New Leaf as much?

Last edited:
I don't see how they could not. Animal Crossing one of Nintendo's most popular franchises and the Swith is a huge success. They'd make a ton of money if they made an Animal Crossing for it.

I honestly feel like I would ditch New Leaf pretty quickly for the new game. Most people I used to play with has already stopped playing New Leaf so there wouldn't be much reason to stick with it by then.

It will be the only reason I'll buy a switch if it happens.

One of my main motivations for buying a Switch was so I can play AC Switch when it comes out sooo it better be a thing.

Last edited:
I really hope they do.

They should have spent time on an AC Switch game, rather than waste it on a mobile game. :-|

Last edited:
I really hope Nintendo makes an Animal Crossing to Switch. And I want them to get out of this comfort zone a bit and innovate the game a lot more. This franchise carries a very heavy weight on the back because it can be much more than it already is, but this will unfortunately depend on the company.

I am honestly full of good expectations. If it's really released for Switch, I believe it will not be any game. And I'm sure I'll buy a Switch because of this "new" AC.

It'd probably happen, considering there's animal crossing characters available as avatars for users on the switch. Hopefully they're near-finished with making it, though.

I really hope they make Animal crossing for the ninyendo switch. THere have been rumours about it but so far no news. I will definitely be purchasing it I feel they do decide to make it. :)

Yeah I really hope so. I'll be so disappointed if they don't. And I'm not going to buy a switch until it's announced, which will most likely be around November if they're going by marketing

Last edited:
Getting a switch is on our list to get. For him, he wants the new Zelda and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if they made a new Animal Crossing.

I don't see how they couldn't. Let's face it: Animal Crossing is one of Nintendo's big franchises. New Leaf was a really good game that could also have big improvements added to it. The switch is such a success, plus it could bring us back to home-console Animal Crossing as well as portable AC at the same time. All the stars are aligned. And hopefully, it releases later this year or early next year.

Fingers crossed!

Probably not until next year or later, if they do at all.

Yes, and it should be announced this year at e3 or earlier. Enough of the crappy spin-offs that no one likes. I expect a Spring 2019 release at the latest.

Last edited:
I sure hope so. I have a switch for Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey, but if they release AC for the Switch...

t20s4Wm.jpg

....I really do hope this action bears fruit.

Last edited:
Back