• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What do you like the most about Animal Crossing New Leaf?

MayorTian

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Blue Candy
The villagers with their individual personality and unique interactions? The level of customisation you can bring about to your character and town? Or is it the events and holidays that just keep making you going back to? :)

I first fell in love with Animal Crossing New Leaf primarily because of how excited the villagers are to talk to you even if it is all simulated. All these different species of animal are all interested in you which is so cute! But I do think it was primarily the house customization that got me. I was really in love with Howl's Moving Castle at the time and it made me excited I could decorate my house in my own interpretation of the movie.
I love the fact that we have legs and can decorate them!! So cute! We have socks and shoes. It is very adorable!!

ALSO..we have a unicorn!!!

The difference between this game and the previous ones, for me, is the praise given for achievements - Nintendo have made a specific effort to include 'praise for achievement'

It's important & although I get the manipulation, it works - so medals (Phineas), the bug/fish ceremony's, the PWP ceremony's - and all the other similar stuff - all make this game a step up from previous games.

Yes there is a lot more content - being Mayor, PWP's, more items, camp site etc - for me its the best game in the series - tho I haven't played the original, which I can see was very good.

i don't know, honestly. when i first saw the game i fell in love and now i still play 4 years later. i'm not sure what grabbed me....it's just so fun!

Someone commented elsewhere that Animal Crossing, for them, was like a second home where everyone was always excited to see you. That's why I like Animal Crossing--I can go into my town for a small respite, a relaxing, heartwarming experience even if my real life might be in turmoil. It's a happy escape! The music is so relaxing and all the villagers are so optimistic it always brings a smile to my face.

Having played all the other iterations of Animal Crossing, I really appreciate how much we are able to customize in New Leaf. I enjoy planning out a town; I have a few towns I'm working on and they are all so different from each other. What drew me in from the very first time I played Animal Crossing was the interaction with the villagers and how the town felt like a second home where things were always relaxing and happy.

Back