• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Did you give your mayor your own name?

Did you give your mayor your own name?

• I did!

Votes: 59 59.0%
  • No, I thought of a different name

Votes: 41 41.0%

• Total voters
I don't think I've ever used my actual name for any of my in-game characters... not that I recall anyway! The mayor of my main town has the same name I use in most online communities and I've used various other significant names for my other mayors and side characters.

Back in Animal Crossing Wild World, I gave my Player my Actual Name. But now I just Name Character's whatever I want, the Name I like to use is Allie.

Yup! I've been tempted to name my mayor something cool, like Venus or something. But I usually end up using my name.

I do with most of the towns I've had through the years. But now that I have two cartridges, I have one with my name, and one with a different name as part of a more conceptual/thematic town.

I used my nickname for my old town. When I resetted it my new town got a different name for the mayor and then I realized I was sad about that and bought a second copy which has my nickname again... I don't have problems making decisions, promise...

In wild world when I was really young I gave my character my name and the best part: I hadn't realized I needed to name my town so I named it my last name ಠ_ಠ...
Regret.

Currently I just use names I find that sound nice or names I generally love

Never, it's always been either a name of one of my pets, a nick name or a name related to the theme of the town.
The only exception is I have one town named after a real place, a place connected to my father, its Mayor is the real name of my husband & one of the alts has my real name, my father is in the game as Dobie, - but I don't feel any emotion to this town extra to any of my others towns. The alt with my name does not feel like me.
But I do take on what I've done with respect to this town - I guess it would hurt a great deal to lose it.

Only one mayor has my name. All the rest are "seemed like a good idea at the time" names.

Oh no, I thought of a name for my mayor. I'm fine with my name, but I'm just a bit unsettled when characters in-game refer to my character as my actual name. I feel like it's that, even in a game with so much customization like Animal Crossing, I feel some sort of disconnect with my in-game character, so having a character refer to my in-game character as my name is rather appalling, as if they were talking to me specifically and that makes me just a tad uncomfortable

Nope. I never use my real name. I like picking names that I either think are pretty, or that match the kind of theme I'm going for.

no, it feels strange to do so, since i've never used my real name in games or online before... also i'd feel weird having my mayor be the only real-name resident in town. also i like being creative with the names.

My name would not fit the character limit either way x)
Used a nickname for my first town, and a made up one for my second. :)

I'm no sure which way to vote--I didn't use my actual name, but I did use a name I've answered to online for so long that it feels like an alternate real name to me!

I did!
All of my players in my town are named after me. :)
Meena
Atooo
Ati

I just realized these names are my nicknames and not my actual name.

Back