• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Did you give your mayor your own name?

Did you give your mayor your own name?

• I did!

Votes: 59 59.0%
  • No, I thought of a different name

Votes: 41 41.0%

• Total voters
I really love my name, it means 'Strength' In Celtic, and I am very proud of it! I like to think my Mayor moved away like I've always wanted to, and she made a life for herself, and became a strong mayor, and has the strength to make everyone in the town happy, and make everyone's life in that town beautiful.

While Lemon isn't my actual first name, it feels like such a personal nickname that I do feel like I named the mayor after myself.

Yups

In my first town yes. It was Ellie of bluebell (thus my username).
However in my new town that’s not the case.

Last edited:
the name of my mayor is just one letter changed from my real name, and i use it everywhere online so it may as well be my real name ^^

No I always name my Mayor after whatever I'm fangirling at the moment, or so it seems lol I hate my real name.

Yes and no. My main town, Salem, I did give the mayor my name. I also keep her looking as close to me as possible, in terms of hair and eye color. Most of my villagers use nicknames, so it isn't really a big deal.

My second town, Hollowyn, not only has a mayor, but 3 side characters, too. All of them have gem/rock names. The mayor is Emerald, then there are Sapphire, Flint, and Jett.

I did! With me it's because I'm trans so it feels really nice to hear my chosen name used!

I never use my own name in Animal Crossing or any other videogame (like Pokemon for example).
I prefer to choose a name I like and fits to the character.

Yup! Though, my mayor’s name in my main town is a nickname for my actual name. The second town was my sister’s, but she doesn’t play often so I use it for my own. That mayor doesn’t have mine or my sister’s name.

I actually did use my real name for both my mayors. It'd just be weird to be called something else by all my villagers.

Last edited:
So yes and no.
I rarely ever use my own name but it's a 50/50 shot as to whether I'll think up something completely random and new or use my online handle, Peachy, which I use pretty much everywhere else.
My first town I used Peachy as my mayor but my second town I plan on having all new Characters as it'll be a Coven/Witch town.

I did! With me it's because I'm trans so it feels really nice to hear my chosen name used!

That's so awesome!!

& I did use my own name... but I'm just not a very creative person lol. When Rover asked me, I felt I was put on the spot, and just went with my own name. If I had to choose again, I'd probably use my dog's name. I like his name more than my own name lol

I usually use my own name, but sometimes if I'm doing a hacked town or a strong concept, I'll go with something different. Right now I have two towns in progress, one where the mayor has my name and one where she doesn't.

My main mayor's name (Kia) happens to be the first three letters of my real name. (So it's a yes and no)

Last edited:
Back