• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Did you give your mayor your own name?

Did you give your mayor your own name?

• I did!

Votes: 59 59.0%
  • No, I thought of a different name

Votes: 41 41.0%

• Total voters

MelbaBear

marnie of pomelo bay
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8411-4279-3514
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Pear (Fruit)
So before joining the Animal crossing community sort of thing, I had no idea people gave their mayors names that weren?t their own! I really like the idea, but I personally like having my mayor share my own name. What do you guys think? Did you name your mayor after yourself or did you think of a different name for them? Do you like having your mayor share your name or do you prefer the creativity of thinking of another?

I did in my first town but I ended up not liking it so I've been using different names since then. Idk why, it just feels weird having my own name be used in game :p

The mayor of my town is named Aster. I thought it was a very cute, fitting name (the town is Starbell). I think I named my original AC for Gamecube character after myself a long time ago, but all future towns had made-up names. I agree with Squidpops, I like to give my mayors different names. I'm weird about how I'll name my Pokemon trainers after myself, but not my AC characters lol

my main town is my name, but my other mayors are from my GC town.

Q: Did you give your mayor your own name?

A: Yes. I did give my mayor my own name. Though... It is technically a nickname of my name. I chose my own name because it was much easier to do. Using my own name in Animal Crossing New Leaf made me feel like I was a part of the game itself. And... The theme that I have decided for my town is going to be about myself. So it's a huge plus for me that the name of my mayor inspired the theme for my town. If I didn't have a theme for my town yet I probably would have re-created my town. Using another name would be a bit difficult for me since I have trouble with sticking with a name in general. It took me a while to use my own name when I first started Animal Crossing New Leaf.

I used to, but I don't anymore. The only towns that still have my own name on the character are on Gamecube, Wild World and City Folk. I had a New Leaf town with my name (my original town), but that one is deleted. One was because I became uncomfortable going online with my own name and two was because I started to enjoy coming up with different stories and themes for my towns and so the mayor's got names that went with the theme. But I certainly don't mind playing the main character with my own name. It's cute to have the villagers and everyone using it.

Nope, I hate my RL name so why would I use it lol. I did name her Sheila though

i have several towns but in my most played one the mayor has my name. in the other towns the mayor has other names i like

I did back in wild world.. but I dislike it so much. I hear my real name enough in real life, I wanted change. So I restarted my Wild World town and named the mayor after my OC. Now I’m NL all my mayors are named after OCs XD I dislike using my real name.

Yeah, always. It's hard to get used to playing a mayor that has a different name as mine xD

No, but I did use my "gamer tag" for my town of Astoria. I use Doodle for every game I play, so naturally I named my Mayor so. In other towns I would name them something different that would go with the theme (such as my wintry town where I named my Mayor Isolde after the Snow Queen).

i used the shortened version of my name! i kinda regret it now though, i want something more fitting :( i wish you could change it.

I used to not to, I hated my deadname so I would use "Knight" or "Knightly" (an internet alias) if it fitted for all my games.
But now that I've gotten it changed I've used my new name for everything! I can't imagine playing a game without using my name, especially games like Animal Crossing.
The only time I don't use it is with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, i like to give them matching/themed names :0

I did in my main town, but not my second. I just used my name in Welsh because I like the sound of it. :lemon:

My mayor is actually named after a player I had on AC:GCN back in 2008.

My first player ever had my name, and my player on CF does, but not my NL player.

I used to invent names for my mayor, but I found that using your real name makes it a more personal experience so currently it's my real name :)

yup. If I named my mayor after something else, I'd probably regret it later so I chose my own name.

i did name my Mayor after myself.
i though briefly about it to call my self Vincent or Brandon or something like that.
but i decided against it because i thought it would look weird after a while.

so decided to name my self Lars instead and never went back on it.
maybe i call my 3rd playable character Brandon, not sure

Back