• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Anyone have any furniture for trade?

Oops >.< my bad! >.< sorry got confused for a second lol. Don’t mind me XD

Last edited:
Do you have any items in particular you're interested in? I have a couple hundred items in my catalog. I've never used the player-to-player password feature, but I suppose there's no time like the present to learn.

Just a couple TBT is fine. Don't send it until we can get this all worked out though. Like I said, I've never done a password transfer before.

What is your town name and villager name? I believe I need those.

How does this even work? Like, the GameCube can't connect to other ones, right? It's so confusing.

From what I understand, you give an item to Tom Nook and tell him you want him to send it to someone else in a faraway town. He asks for the name and town of who you want to send the item to. Then he generates a password which you give (along with the names of your character and town) to the person. The recipient tells Tom Nook the password and who gave it to them, and he gives them the item.

There was an online group a long time ago that called themselves Project Hyrule that tried to figure out how the passwords worked and inadvertently found a lot of passwords for unreleased beta items and such. Basically they'd all call themselves 'Link' in 'Hyrule' so they didn't need to worry about keeping up with different villager and town names.

From what I understand, you give an item to Tom Nook and tell him you want him to send it to someone else in a faraway town. He asks for the name and town of who you want to send the item to. Then he generates a password which you give (along with the names of your character and town) to the person. The recipient tells Tom Nook the password and who gave it to them, and he gives them the item.

There was an online group a long time ago that called themselves Project Hyrule that tried to figure out how the passwords worked and inadvertently found a lot of passwords for unreleased beta items and such. Basically they'd all call themselves 'Link' in 'Hyrule' so they didn't need to worry about keeping up with different villager and town names.

I've definitely heard of Project Hyrule; just didn't know what they did.
But that is certainly curious. Nintendo is quite the imaginative company.

Last edited:
Hey! Great to see that a thread like this exists. Sadly because I'm in PAL region the universal codes don't work for me. I was wondering if anyone had any classic series items up for trade? Thank you. <3 I'm missing everything but the sofa.

There seems to be a lot of confusion here, so I'll try to recall everything I know about the trading system in GCN from memory.

There is indeed a trading system in GCN. Since there is no online features, you have to enter codes at Tom Nook's store to get the item.

Only certain items can be traded. These are:
Almost any furniture, clothing, and umbrellas Tom Nook sells.
Balloons.
Maybe a few other things.

As a result, almost all items that can't be bought at Tom Nook's store can't be traded over.

Once you're ready to trade, go to Nook's store. Talk to Nook. Select "hear code". Give Nook the item you want to trade, and enter your friend's town and character name exactly as it is written. After this, you'll get the code. You'll have to write your code down on paper, as it's very long and confusing. After that, tell your friend the code. Your friend should go to Tom Nook's store, talk to him, and select "say code". After they enter the code, they should get their gift.

I think that's it. I haven't traded in a long while, so I may have gotten some things wrong. I'm looking for a retro TV, so if anyone has one, I'd be happy to trade.

Happy trading.

My character is called Sasha and my town Tallinn. :)
I'm afraid I don't have a retro tv but I'll watch out for one!
Other than the Classic Series I'm also looking for the turntable by the way. ^^

Geez, I've been gone for a while. Anyway, my Villager name is Mickey, and my town name is Delfino. How do I send TBT bells too?

Back