• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you have any piercings?

i used to have mine pierced when i was a lot younger. like 4-5 maybe? but they fell out and i never found them so the ears closed up. sometimes i want earrings just to have an accessory, but i know my hair would get in them and i'd hate it

I got my ears pierced when I was 13-14 years old. My mom didn't pierce my or my sisters' ears when we were young, we made the decision when we were early teens. I don't wear them often at all anymore, but my holes haven't closed up yet - I can still get earrings through them for special events. They're convenient to have.

Meanwhile, my sister is on her 3rd-4th ear-piercing. I don't know how she manages that, getting one piercing was unpleasant enough for me :p

I had mine pierced when I was very young, 2 or 3 years maybe??? I don’t remember being bothered or crying, just being chill about it, though it doesn’t surprise me since I’ve always had this ‘just suck it up and deal with it’ attitude over any kind of pain. I do however remember trying to mimic my grandmother by wearing earrings in 1st grade but it was painful so after a few years I stopped ;; now the holes have sealed up aha

My mom pierced mine for me by hand using a standard sewing needle when I was 7 years old, after I had begged her for 2 full years. I went on to pierce them myself a total of 7 more times (including 2 in the cartilage of my left ear) when I was a teenager, using rubbing alcohol and a safety pin. Good times. I've since let them all close barring the first ones done by mom.

I'll also say that I'm strongly against infant and toddler ear piercing and find it extremely gross and barbaric that people do that to their kids. Making any sort of body modification to a non-consenting person is so, so wrong on so many levels, even if it's as minor as an ear piercing. At least wait until they're developed enough to understand what it is and ask first rather than decorating them like they're some kind of accessory. The one exception to this is cultural ear piercing, but when I see people walking around with their pierced kids sporting bling I literally want to gag and promptly backhand the parent across the face.

My mom pierced mine when I was a baby. Though they’ve closed up once and I had them repierced.. then I got an infection from the fake material in one of the earrings I bought at Claire’s so I decided to let them close again.

i had them piered at about 6 or 7 but they've closed up since. Sometimes I get boils on my earlobes so I'm scared to pierce them again.

I did when I was young, but earrings always irritated my ears, possible allergy. So I let them close. When I was an adult I worked in a store where I did ear piercings, and had mine redone. However due to the fact the person wanted to make them even, rather then redoing the one ear where it was done before, it was off, then never healed/closed. So when ever I took the plastic stud out it bleed. I5 had gone through the edge of scar tissue. I have had to let my earrings close and can never where earrings again.

I did my earlobes about three/four years ago and I love it even though I don’t wear them often ^^ I like dangly or loopy ones the most xD

Yeah and I have my conch punched

conch piercings are sick, i love em lol

that area of cartilage is thick. i know all piercings hurt but i feel like that in particular would hurt a lot lol. but id love one

yes, got them pierced at claire's when i was around 7 or 8 and pierced another on each ear (still on my lobe) by myself. it wasn't a good idea because i didn't even use a needle

I have two in each ear, my main lobes are stretched a tiny bit because I like putting hoops through my plugs. I'm thinking of taking out my second piercings though because they annoy me when I sleep. I've had them since I was in high school but for some reason i never got used to more piercings. I used to have a lot of piercings but ended up letting them close up because they got annoying.

I got my ears pierced when I was seven. When I was 14, I got a second piercing on each side, and then a friend did a third hole in my left lobe. They're all still open (with a bit of effort), but I only wear earrings in the lowest set of holes these days. Once in a while, I'll open the second set, but it gets uncomfortable now.

I've had my lobes pierced for 20 and 16 years, respectively. I also have my tragus pierced on the left ear; and my daith and two helix piercings in the right.

...plus nose/sternum(x2)/navel as well.

Last edited:
I had my ears pierced when I was about 10 or 11. Even though having my ears pierced was something I actually wanted, I was always too scared to touch the earring back whenever we had to take them out for P.E. I usually had to get someone else to do it, because I was so scared, since in my mind the earlobe is quite fragile so I was scared of ripping it or something. When I got them pierced, my mum said I didn't even flinch, although it hurt quite a bit I won't lie. But it was a short sharp pain. I eventually had them taken out anyway, since my twin sister took hers out, and it only made sense to take mine out for some reason....? I wasn't happy about it then, but now I am since it was such a hassle now I look back on it.

Eww, never. And since boys can get their ears pierced, I wouldn't want to be one of those guys.

Back