• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villagers picking up on each other's catchphrases

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Okay so a few weeks back, I changed Whitney's catchphrase to 'Da'ling' because she looks like the kind of character who would say something like that. Well now most of the villagers in Ossipri are saying that including Boone, the JOCK baboon, mandarin orange or whatever he is, and it just looks weird and uncomfortable. See for yourself!

25552046_382869058822038_2839239683404839557_n.jpg

That just doesn't look right!

Just change his catchphrase next time he asks.
They ask me every day. :-|

I know how you feel. Coco changed Cole's catchphrase to "doyoing" and it looks sooo weird. An even worse change, I remember Samson changed Julian's catchphrase to pipsqueak. A tall unicorn, asked a small mouse for a catchphrase change and that's what he came up with. this game lol...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hehe, when you least expect it, he'll ping for a new one. ^_^

He'd better because this is just weird and it just doesn't fit him.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know how you feel. Coco changed Cole's catchphrase to "doyoing" and it looks sooo weird. An even worse change, I remember Samson changed Julian's catchphrase to pipsqueak. A tall unicorn, asked a small mouse for a catchphrase change and that's what he came up with. this game lol...:rolleyes:

Do I even want to know what 'doyoing' is?

LOL yeah, I don't understand the point of them copying catchphases in this game. If everyone is saying it, it's not a catchphrase anymore, it's more like a fad. I'm going to have to start rethinking the catchphrases I give my villagers if I decide to change them because everyone and their neighbors grandmother will start saying it.

Wait villagers can ask each other for new catchphrases?

I don't think they actually ASK each other, at least I've never seen them ask each other in game. But they will start copying catchphrases. I did notice that villagers who live close to each other tend to copy each other faster than villagers who are living far away. Boone and Whitney live near each other in my town.

You know how some gyroids make weird sounds or boingy sounds? Coco looks similar to a gyroid so I guess her catchphrase of "doyoing" is supposed to be a reference to them

The funniest experience with this was in one of my Wild world towns when Cyrano's catch phrase of " Ah-CHOO" spread to most of the other villagers. It sounded like my town was in the middle of a flu epidemic :p

Back