i hate this game sometimes

vvindows98

always down 2 clown
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
okay so I forgot Katt was moving in today, I didn't plot reset, and this happened:

HNI_0034.JPG

yeah she's......right in front of my town hall........... there like 20 other free spaces she could've moved into but NOPE she's right here. great cool thanks

so should i:

a) do the 16 villager plot reset
b) move her out and look for another dreamie
c) just try and work around it?? with some more trees etc a hidden town hall could work

gsdgs i don't know what to do, some opinions would be appreciated!!

Last edited:
i think what i'm gonna do is TRY to make that area look nice, get my other dreamies and then wait for Katt to move out on her own, and then when she does I'll get a friend to hold her for me, cycle 16 villagers and move her in again?? hmm

i had the exact same problem like 2 or 3 years ago with Gayle.
only difference is, that i didn't know about plot resetting, i didn't like Gayle, and she ruined a little garden i had going on on that spot.
since this was before the amiibo update, i just had to wait for her to leave on her own ( took about 1,5 year... ugh )

well, since she is your dreamie, you could do a few things you already suggested yourself.
- you could learn to live with it, ( but trust me it will bug you ) so i personally would advise against that.
- you could also move her out and look for a different dreamie, so she wouldn't bug you with her house placement, this will give you a lot of peace, but also a little frustration cause you lost a dreamie ( don't worry she will come back )
- the 16 villager plot reset is unnecessary because, ( and i don't know if you have them ) you can use amiibo cards to kick her out for another dreamie ( or anyone for that matter ) and than the next day, invite her back into you town.

just don't forget to plot reset.

i feel your pain, cause this is something that also has bitten me in the ass quite a number of times.

hope this helps :)

I guess a hidden town hall could work. I had that in one of my old towns, and it kinda seperates the villager house from the town hall, so i'm sure it won't look too bad. I think with a couple of bushes too it could look really nice. You could always move her out and move out 16 villagers after her so you can get her back. Who knows, you may even find an uchi that you like better than Katt tbh while going through the process. Incase you didn't know though, since the update villagers won't put down their houses where you've placed paths, so I recommend for next time placing down some paths infront of important places like the town hall and retail.

ty for the responses guys <33
i think i'm just gonna wait for her to move out and find another dreamie, in the meantime laying down paths so this can't happen again omg
it's kind of a shame but there are a bunch of other villagers i wanted anyway so :')

skye literally put her house directly in front of the train station but she's a dreamie and i'm just working around it. she's like where people put the fountain so she's basically the main thing you see when you walk into the town because i love her so much.

I find it funny how we can't place a PWP or our own houses were we really want them but Villagers can just plop their house down wherever they want.

I'm sorry this happened. I hope she moves out soon. That would drive me crazy how close that is to town hall.

Just happened to me with a dreamie. You're not alone! Except I didn't forget to plot reset, I simply put tiles where I wanted him to move like a total dunce. Can't even blame anyone but my own dumb self.

So he plowed down my delicious apple orchard and made my map look really wonky. :(
YUHhdA3.jpg

Aw man I know the frustration. I JUST had Sylvia move in yesterday and she plopped her house right in the middle of the 'walkway' I had been using. :( Luckily I set up a new bridge to be built today so I don't have to squeeze around her house anymore at least.

Tangy did that to me to. Right in front of town hall and next to my campsite. I eventually let her go and moved her back in with my amiibo card. This time I did a plotreset, because I actually knew of it and that it was possible.

Sorry to hear about that! I don't think I have their card, so I can't help you there...

Edit: Oh wait! Katt, I have her card. I thought it said KidCat.

Last edited:
I find it funny how we can't place a PWP or our own houses were we really want them but Villagers can just plop their house down wherever they want.

I'm sorry this happened. I hope she moves out soon. That would drive me crazy how close that is to town hall.

i feeeeel that omg. it takes me AGES to place a pwp because it's "too close to something else" even when it isn't, but that isn't too close to the town hall?? ok
thanks man <33 i hope so too, im honestly just gonna Avoid that area until she does sdfjsdgsdgk

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just happened to me with a dreamie. You're not alone! Except I didn't forget to plot reset, I simply put tiles where I wanted him to move like a total dunce. Can't even blame anyone but my own dumb self.

So he plowed down my delicious apple orchard and made my map look really wonky. :(
YUHhdA3.jpg
nooo :(( im sorry dude, hopefully it still looks cool!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tangy did that to me to. Right in front of town hall and next to my campsite. I eventually let her go and moved her back in with my amiibo card. This time I did a plotreset, because I actually knew of it and that it was possible.

Sorry to hear about that! I don't think I have their card, so I can't help you there...

Edit: Oh wait! Katt, I have her card. I thought it said KidCat.
oh man, when Katt moves out, could I get her again from you?? i'd pay you for her! that would be so cool <33
(i understand if it's not convenient!)

You'd still need to cycle unless you have the card yourself unfortunately. But I can still help if that time does come. Sorry!

Aw man I know the frustration. I JUST had Sylvia move in yesterday and she plopped her house right in the middle of the 'walkway' I had been using. :( Luckily I set up a new bridge to be built today so I don't have to squeeze around her house anymore at least.
oh no :(
i had to do the same thing with Pekoe, she moved directly in front of a bridge (unexpectedly as well) and it's been bugging me for weeks. i just gotta unlock the wooden bridge so I can replace them all B)

- - - Post Merge - - -

You'd still need to cycle unless you have the card yourself unfortunately. But I can still help if that time does come. Sorry!

ahh that's annoying, I think I'm just gonna look for a different dreamie o:
thank you anyway though!! <3

I had a villager in front of my town hall once ugh it was so annoying, but it was a villager I hated so that didn't really help their case.

Anyway I have a similar situation in my town, I knew Roscoe was moving in but I was just being lazy and didn't plot reset because I was like "eh where's the worst spot he could go :lemon:" BANG right in front of Re-Tail. But he is still there to this day because I like him too much to get rid of him. So in my case if I liked a villager enough I just work around them even if their house is in a bad spot lol

Back